PDA

View Full Version : happy father's day to all of you father's

marine6551
06-17-16, 01:31 PM
i no longer have an earthly father... the only one i have now is god, my heavenly father.
A Merry Heart Doeth Good Like a Medicine- i hope all of you can share these jokes with your fathers and sons on father's day...
god's voice came from heaven one day, saying"jonah".jonah said, "yes lord?"
god asked. "which end of the fish do you want to come out of?" i think we all know what his answer was!
================================================== =====================
cat and mouse die and go to heaven.
god walks into a large marble room, finding the mouse leaning on the wall breathing heavy and asked him what he thought of heaven.
mouse said, well, it's just as big and beautiful as you described years ago and will rake me forever to see all of it, so god gave him a pair of roller skates and mouse took off quite happy.
god goes into the next room , finding cat against the wall chewing on a toothpick and asked him the same question.
================================================== ============
cat said, "i would've been here sooner had i known you served meals on wheels".

USMC 2571
06-17-16, 01:51 PM
Excellent----Skip, happy Father's Day to you as well.

Rocky C
06-17-16, 01:57 PM
Happy Fathers Day Skip.

I lost my dad 8 months ago, my Son died and one of my Daughters also. It's a sad day for me but I still have one daughter here on Earth that I cherish and a 2 year old grandson. They help me get thru the days... I will be at different cemeteries Sunday.

marine6551
06-17-16, 02:05 PM
Happy Fathers Day Skip.

I lost my dad 8 months ago, my Son died and one of my Daughters also. It's a sad day for me but I still have one daughter here on Earth that I cherish and a 2 year old grandson. They help me get thru the days... I will be at different cemeteries Sunday.sorry to hear of your losses sir... i'll pray for you anyway, as it's never easy for a parent to lose a child and i hope you pray sunday giving god the glory, praise and thanksgiving for giving those to you as special gifts!

Rocky C
06-17-16, 02:10 PM
sorry to hear of your losses sir... i'll pray for you anyway, as it's never easy for a parent to lose a child.

Thank you Brother. Losing one is terrible but 2 is horrific. I struggle everyday but I am a man of God and pray daily.

If it wasn't for my Daughter and grandson I would have checked out long ago....

Thank you for your prayers.

marine6551
06-17-16, 02:43 PM
Thank you Brother. Losing one is terrible but 2 is horrific. I struggle everyday but I am a man of God and pray daily.

If it wasn't for my Daughter and grandson I would have checked out long ago....

Thank you for your prayers.it thrills my heart to hear you are a man of god too, just remember, god never gives us more than we can handle, and that's when we need to keep giving him the glory; praise and thanksgiving, to see how much we trust and believe in him and his awesome love and power.

FoxtrotOscar
06-17-16, 03:12 PM
HAPPY Fathers Day Marines..!!!

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30428&stc=1

marine6551
06-17-16, 03:25 PM
very true and i grew up hearing,"anyone can be a dad, but it takes a special person to be a father."

Mongoose
06-17-16, 04:31 PM
I have 7 children and 20 grandkids and 3 great grandkids........all from the grace of God.

FoxtrotOscar
06-17-16, 06:43 PM
I have 7 children and 20 grandkids and 3 great grandkids........all from the grace of God.

Holy crap Mongoose.... 7 + 20GKids....!!!

Were gonna have to change your name to "RABBIT"...!!!

:nerd:

FO....

marine6551
06-17-16, 06:52 PM
Holy crap Mongoose.... 7 + 20GKids....!!!

Were gonna have to change your name to "RABBIT"...!!!

:nerd:

FO....

lmao...energizer; batteries not included.:p

marine6551
06-17-16, 07:03 PM
I have 7 children and 20 grand kids and 3 great grandkids........all from the grace of God. yessir brother billy, the grace of god and a loving wife gave you those precious people as gifts to cherish and love forever, as he knew what would enrich your life for many years, as you bless them and pray over them as often as possible.

Kegler300
06-17-16, 07:07 PM

USMC 2571
06-17-16, 07:37 PM
Great thread, great posts.

wchalupa
06-17-16, 08:58 PM
Happy fathers day everyone . Critter

marine6551
06-17-16, 10:05 PM
Happy fathers day everyone . Crittersame wishes to you and yours, brother wayne!

Rocky C
06-18-16, 08:26 AM
A wise man once told me that " Anyone can be a Father but it takes a special kind of man to be a Dad ".

Happy Dad's Day .....

advanced
06-18-16, 08:38 AM
I've only got 5 kids and 7 grandkids, but I have more wives than most. Let's not forget them on this special day tomorrow. I guess I'm just a true romantic.

marine6551
06-18-16, 11:33 AM
I've only got 5 kids and 7 grandkids, but I have more wives than most. Let's not forget them on this special day tomorrow. I guess I'm just a true romantic.amen brother russ; nothing wrong wrong with being a romantic. i was the same way until my wife passed 2 yrs ago, i honored her in every way possible, including i enjoyed serving her in what little ways i could, which included spoiling her like making her coffee and breakfast every morning before she went to work, as it plesed her and gave me a great loving feeling of satisfaction knowing she was happy with our friendship; marriage and relationship.

FoxtrotOscar
06-19-16, 11:48 AM
Where did Fathers Day start?

In 1910, a Father's Day celebration was held in Spokane, Washington, at the YMCA by Sonora Smart Dodd, who was born in Arkansas.

Its first celebration was in the Spokane YMCA on June 19, 1910.

Her father, the Civil War veteran William Jackson Smart, was a single parent who raised his six children there.

Rocky C
06-19-16, 12:01 PM
Beginnings

Father's Day was not celebrated in the US, outside Catholic traditions, until the twentieth century. As a civic celebration in the US, it was inaugurated in the early 20th century to complement Mother's Day in celebrating fathers and male parenting.

After Anna Jarvis' successful promotion of Mother's Day in Grafton, West Virginia, the first observance of a "Father's Day" was held on July 5, 1908, in Fairmont, West Virginia, in the Williams Memorial Methodist Episcopal Church South, now known as Central United Methodist Church. Grace Golden Clayton was mourning the loss of her father when, on December 1907, the Monongah Mining Disaster in nearby Monongah killed 361 men, 250 of them fathers, leaving around a thousand fatherless children. Clayton suggested her pastor Robert Thomas Webb to honor all those fathers.

Clayton's event did not have repercussions outside of Fairmont for several reasons, among them: the city was overwhelmed by other events, the celebration was never promoted outside of the town itself and no proclamation was made in the city council. Also two events overshadowed this event: the celebration of Independence Day July 4, 1908, with 12,000 attendants and several shows including a hot air balloon event, which took over the headlines in the following days, and the death of a 16-year-old girl on July 4.

The local church and council were overwhelmed and they did not even think of promoting the event, and it was not celebrated again for many years. The original sermon was not reproduced in press and it was lost. Finally, Clayton was a quiet person, who never promoted the event or even talked to other persons about it.

Failed attempts at establishing a Father's Day

In 1911, Jane Addams proposed a city-wide Father's Day in Chicago, but she was turned down.

In 1912, there was a Father's Day celebration in Vancouver, Washington, suggested by Methodist pastor J. J. Berringer of the Irvington Methodist Church. They believed mistakenly that they had been the first to celebrate such a day. They followed a 1911 suggestion by the Portland Oregonian.

Harry C. Meek, member of Lions Clubs International, claimed that he had first had the idea for Father's Day in 1915. Meek said that the third Sunday of June was chosen because it was his birthday.

The Lions Club has named him "Originator of Father's Day". Meek made many efforts to promote Father's Day and make it an official holiday.

marine6551
06-19-16, 06:27 PM
Where did Fathers Day start?

In 1910, a Father's Day celebration was held in Spokane, Washington, at the YMCA by Sonora Smart Dodd, who was born in Arkansas.

Its first celebration was in the Spokane YMCA on June 19, 1910.

Her father, the Civil War veteran William Jackson Smart, was a single parent who raised his six children there.interesting info and all of these years, i thought i knew it all...:cool:

marine6551
06-19-16, 06:33 PM
Beginnings

Father's Day was not celebrated in the US, outside Catholic traditions, until the twentieth century. As a civic celebration in the US, it was inaugurated in the early 20th century to complement Mother's Day in celebrating fathers and male parenting.

After Anna Jarvis' successful promotion of Mother's Day in Grafton, West Virginia, the first observance of a "Father's Day" was held on July 5, 1908, in Fairmont, West Virginia, in the Williams Memorial Methodist Episcopal Church South, now known as Central United Methodist Church. Grace Golden Clayton was mourning the loss of her father when, on December 1907, the Monongah Mining Disaster in nearby Monongah killed 361 men, 250 of them fathers, leaving around a thousand fatherless children. Clayton suggested her pastor Robert Thomas Webb to honor all those fathers.

Clayton's event did not have repercussions outside of Fairmont for several reasons, among them: the city was overwhelmed by other events, the celebration was never promoted outside of the town itself and no proclamation was made in the city council. Also two events overshadowed this event: the celebration of Independence Day July 4, 1908, with 12,000 attendants and several shows including a hot air balloon event, which took over the headlines in the following days, and the death of a 16-year-old girl on July 4.

The local church and council were overwhelmed and they did not even think of promoting the event, and it was not celebrated again for many years. The original sermon was not reproduced in press and it was lost. Finally, Clayton was a quiet person, who never promoted the event or even talked to other persons about it.

Failed attempts at establishing a Father's Day

In 1911, Jane Addams proposed a city-wide Father's Day in Chicago, but she was turned down.

In 1912, there was a Father's Day celebration in Vancouver, Washington, suggested by Methodist pastor J. J. Berringer of the Irvington Methodist Church. They believed mistakenly that they had been the first to celebrate such a day. They followed a 1911 suggestion by the Portland Oregonian.

Harry C. Meek, member of Lions Clubs International, claimed that he had first had the idea for Father's Day in 1915. Meek said that the third Sunday of June was chosen because it was his birthday.

The Lions Club has named him "Originator of Father's Day". Meek made many efforts to promote Father's Day and make it an official holiday.this just came in from hqmc, commandant said for me to tell you get off the keyboard and tend to your family who love you and want to honor you today... be a good marine and follow those orders!:evilgrin: