PDA

View Full Version : young marines are such a pleasure to meet

marine6551
06-17-16, 01:19 PM
this past thursday, i had my caregiver drive us to chili's so i could treat her to a sit-down meal showing my appreciation for everything she doesto take care of me, my home, myneeds, making sure i have a warm shower , clean clothes and hot meals daily.
while we were there, a yong e-5 marine, his wife and their childrencame in.
so, at one point, i asked ourwaitress to please bring their bill to me and tell them a marine vet wanted to buy their meal.
the marine and his wife came over to thank us.
i yold them god told me to pay for their meal and i asked them to sit with us, whereupon i found out he was serving at mcas yuma, az and they had come to tucson to be with his parents on father's day.
so, i didn't want to embarass him in front of his familyand customers, so i laid my hand on his shoulder and tolhim iwas a marine vet and knew he didn't make muc of a salary, even rhough e-5's are the backbone of the corps and further told him itwas a long, hot drive back to yuma and gave him some extra cash dollar bill for gas.
so, he lifted his eyes to the ceiling and said, thank you lord".
his wife asked what had happened that put me ina wheelchair and i told them about my recently deceased wife and my 10 strokes since then.
i told him we were christians and that god told me to buy their meal and give them much needed cash, so we all held hands as i gave god the glory, praise and thanksgiving for speaking to me, and with tears coming down our faces after prayer, i simply wished him a happy father's day, and as we all departed going our seperate ways, i just smiled and said, god say's it is more blessed to give than to receive, so that was a wonderful day for all of us.
happy father's day to all of you and may god richly bless all of you as much as he has blessed me all of my life and continues to do so!

USMC 2571
06-17-16, 01:21 PM
Outstanding! Thanks for posting that. This world needs more stories like this one.

Rocky C
06-17-16, 01:46 PM
Young Marines are an Outstanding group. Great story brother.

marine6551
06-17-16, 02:18 PM
Outstanding! Thanks for posting that. This world needs more stories like this one.you're welcome, felt i needed to share that with all of my brothers and sisters demonstrating this old grunt texan was raised with morals and values

marine6551
06-17-16, 02:21 PM
Young Marines are an Outstanding group. Great story brother.you're welcome sir; it still brings tears to my eyes knowing i tried to make a difference in someone's life, by simply following what god told me to do, so he could/would continue to bless me as he has done my entire life.

USMC 2571
06-17-16, 02:28 PM
And that's the name of the game, Skip.

marine6551
06-17-16, 02:36 PM
And that's the name of the game, Skip.yessir; marines are known for our integrity and valor the world over!