PDA

View Full Version : Marines install infantry officer to lead Parris Island boot camp after a wave of scan

Rocky C
06-11-16, 03:25 PM
A new general took the helm of one of the military's most legendary training bases Friday, just days after it was rocked by a string of high-profile firings following a recruit's death there. <br />

Tennessee Top
06-11-16, 04:15 PM
PI has become a big can of worms. Interestingly, MCRD San Diego seems to be moving along under the radar. I don't know - maybe because there's no females there?

Rocky C
06-11-16, 04:21 PM
I was thinking about that last week Top. Perhaps.

Old Marine
06-11-16, 04:42 PM
Recruit training will never be what it was when I went through Boot Camp in 1953 which was before the SSgt. McKeon fiasco at Parris Island.

Things have been going downhill since the afore mentioned incident.

Rocky C
06-11-16, 04:46 PM
Indeed they have.

Tennessee Top
06-11-16, 05:27 PM
Difficult to do one's job when you're constantly looking over your shoulder and that's a natural reaction when you see your peers losing theirs. Hard enough being a DI to begin with.

MunkyVsRobot
06-11-16, 08:59 PM
PI has become a big can of worms. Interestingly, MCRD San Diego seems to be moving along under the radar. I don't know - maybe because there's no females there?

Where as I would like to agree with that statement, though it is a true statement there are not any females at MCRDSD a lot of the issues are coming from the deaths and such happening at the Male battalions particularly from the one I graduated from 3rd battalion.