PDA

View Full Version : 5 things Marines need to know about the new NCO promotion panels

Rocky C
04-23-16, 11:43 AM
Marines on tap to make corporal or sergeant will face new promotion review boards starting this fall. <br />
<br />
New noncommissioned officer promotion panels are set to start in October, Manpower and Reserve...

Seriously
04-29-16, 01:58 PM
A qualified NCO?

There's a change.

I'm sure all the questions will be about Archibald Henderson, Chesty Puller and Wilbur Bestwick, and have nothing whatsoever to do with ones MOS or operating in a modern force.

Rocky C
04-29-16, 04:57 PM
Seriously ?

MunkyVsRobot
04-29-16, 05:30 PM
To my understanding thats how it used to be is one had to be boarded in order to receive a promotion to at least Cpl. not sure about Sgt. I am all for it there are too many douche nozzles getting promoted when they have absolutely no idea how to lead anyone or how to even be a lance corporal. I was a Lance for 26 months because of how the promotion system was for the longest time. My MOS was clsed out for a little bit the score was relatively high (almost in the 1700's less than 0311 but we arent as big as the 03XX's) but since ive been promoted to SGt all of our scores have tanked and people are picking up with 1400's you have boots fresh out of the school house getting promoted to Cpl when they know $hit about $hit. Its good to see the Marine Corps is doing to make sure idiots arent getting promoted.

Also in regars to the individual who posted before rock. The military is the only place you can get promoted having 0 knowledge about your job, dont like it get the eff out. Based on your half assed profile it seems you might have.

The NCO core is already running the show so it only makes sense that we are the ones who are to choose the future leaders of the Marine Corps. We do the work and the SNCO's and Officers get to take all the credit.

SGT7477
04-30-16, 09:34 AM
In my time Sgt's always ran the Marine Corps, Semper Fidelis.

jerryd6818
05-07-16, 11:11 AM
Gives new meaning to "Terminal Lance".

MunkyVsRobot
05-07-16, 06:08 PM
Gives new meaning to "Terminal Lance".

There are some gunny's who should have been terminal but where as they slipped through the cracks hopefully these boards will prevent idiots from getting promoted.

jerryd6818
05-08-16, 12:13 PM
hopefully these boards will prevent idiots from getting promoted.

Hope springs eternal. It's why I buy lottery tickets.

Rocky C
05-08-16, 05:35 PM
Hahahaha, nice !!!

advanced
05-09-16, 07:18 AM
When I made Cpl I never went through a review board/promotion board or any such thing. My promotion was solely based on the fact that I was still standing and most of our NCO's were not. Many of us proved ourselves in the field so to speak. Ohhhhhh, the memories.