PDA

View Full Version : Going Officer After or Before Enlisted Marine

7VIIG
04-20-16, 06:06 PM
Hello Marines,

It's been a long standing goal of mine to someday hopefully become a U.S. Marine. I have enlisted and awaiting shipping out. But for a long time I have also wanted to become an Infantry Officer in the Corps.

I have been struggling with the question, is it worth the chance to possibly get a college degree and enlist without being an officer as a Junior Marine in his 20s? If I bust my ass academically, community service, recommendations etc to go the PLC route, how likely is it that I have a chance? Also if cut, is there an ability to retry? Or is the decision final? Finally, if I put in max effort and devotion to being a stellar marine for the next 6+ years, how likely is MECEP? I realize nothing is guaranteed in the military, but I would like to have some insight into the inner workings of the Marine Corps.

Any responses would be deeply appreciated, thank you.

Tennessee Top
04-20-16, 08:46 PM
I was in for 22.6 years. Saw one Sgt I worked with get selected for MECEP (so, it's not likely at all). Know of several who became Warrant Officers.

You can GOOGLE "USMC MECEP" to see the eligibility requirements. Same with the "USMC Warrant Officer Program".

djj34
04-26-16, 08:58 PM
I know 6 MECEP guys. Two were recruiters. Two were drill instructors. Two were Marine of the Year at the battalion level or higher. All of them were Staff Sergeant or higher. The likelihood of MECEP...

devilbones2
04-27-16, 08:39 AM
I can tell you that 100% of the Marines that I know that applied for MECEP were accepted.

madsox
04-27-16, 10:28 AM
I can tell you that 100% of the Marines that I know that applied for MECEP were accepted.

:banana:

Rocky C
04-27-16, 04:25 PM
Hahahahahaha,

Jeramy, that was great Brother !

devilbones2
04-28-16, 12:19 PM
Hahahahahaha,

Jeramy, that was great Brother !

Its true. Two Marines from my MOS school went directly to USNA after they completed the course, three Marines from my Platoon that applied were accepted too. Everyone that I know that has applied to be an officer or WO has been accepted and I know one MSgt (Was a SSgt at the time) that was med dropped.