PDA

View Full Version : Getting married once arriving at my Permanent Duty Station

Vasconcelos
04-10-16, 09:59 AM
Good morning Marines,

I was wondering how the process worked in regards to getting married once arriving at my Permanent Duty Station, I plan on proposing once I finish boot camp and wanted to get married once I finish SOI.

With that being said, how does the process work? I know there's paperwork that needs to be filled out but is there a waiting list that I need to be on, or is it usually effective immediately after doing the paperwork?

Rocky C
04-10-16, 10:09 AM
You have to get permission. See your 1st Sgt. at your first duty station but 1st you must graduate Recruit Training and SOI of course or all of this is a moot point.

Best of luck.

Tennessee Top
04-10-16, 10:22 AM
What's the rush?

Vasconcelos
04-10-16, 03:50 PM
What's the rush?

My son, who will be born 2 months into bootcamp.

Rocky C
04-10-16, 04:40 PM
My son, who will be born 2 months into bootcamp.

Congratulations Rafael. How wonderful !!! Tell your girlfriend I said the same my friend.

mexbearlll
04-10-16, 09:54 PM
Just make SURE You have ALL Yours ,Hers and the Babies paperwork and it's correct ! This will make things so much easier for You and your new Family... Good Luck.

Vasconcelos
04-11-16, 08:08 AM
Congratulations Rafael. How wonderful !!! Tell your girlfriend I said the same my friend.

Thanks Rocky! It's a blessing I have yet to fathom.

Rocky C
04-11-16, 08:17 AM
You are so welcome.

Remember this my friend, always. " Anyone can be a Father but it takes a " Special " kind of man to be a " Dad "....

God Bless Dad to be :thumbup:

Make sure you get your butt back here not only to tell us that you earned the " Title " so I can change your status on the forum but to share with us your joy on the birth of your son.