PDA

View Full Version : Looking for advice on the reserves.

Cotto15
04-07-16, 10:23 AM
Hello, I'm 25 years old and I am 5'9" 250lbs. My bodyfat percent is around 35%. I know I'm over on that but I'm working on that. I have a GED with 17 college credits. I'm married and have a son also another one on the way. I'm looking to join the reserves.
Would I be qualified for the reserves? Also would like to learn more info on the reserves and what it like.

Thanks

Rocky C
04-07-16, 10:29 AM
The first thing you should do is visit a Marine Corps Recruiter who can answer all of your questions and them some.

In the meantime you can look at the bottom of your post " Similar Threads " and read all those threads.

Also you can read my thread here and see if you have what it takes to become a United States Marine.

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?121384-The-Ultimate-Guide-For-Recruit-Training-!

Best of luck to you and keep us posted please.

Cotto15
04-07-16, 11:20 AM
The first thing you should do is visit a Marine Corps Recruiter who can answer all of your questions and them some.

In the meantime you can look at the bottom of your post " Similar Threads " and read all those threads.

Also you can read my thread here and see if you have what it takes to become a United States Marine.

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?121384-The-Ultimate-Guide-For-Recruit-Training-!

Best of luck to you and keep us posted please.

Thanks for the info.

Rocky C
04-07-16, 11:22 AM
Your welcome. Other Marines will be by to answer some of your questions but you asked a lot so this info will give you a great head start on your fact finding mission.

Beastmode1607
04-11-16, 12:45 AM
The maximum body fat is 18%. I recommend enlisting and getting into the DEP. the recruiter will help you get in shape and ship out ASAP. I am 18 and a reserve Marine, remember, you will be going in as a PFC and will only make $230 per drill. You're obviously going to need another job. You will make the same money as active duty until you're finished with MOS school. There is no difference in training or schooling between active/reserves, the difference happens when you his the fleet. The active duty Marines stationed wherever they do and you'll go back to your unit that's somewhere near where you live.

But it as of right now you're not eligible because your body fat is too high, look online and the ht/wt standards. You also have to go to MEPS and they do medical chit on you and stuff too. Everyone goes through it. If you're serious just go talk to a recruiter and he'll lead you from there