PDA

View Full Version : Marrige and Base Housing

Chevy2233
01-23-04, 02:53 PM
Hello Marines, I was wondering if anyone could help me answer a question. I just recently got married and I am curently in LOS school at Camp Johnson, NC. When a Marine is married is he guaranteed a housing allowence to live off of base, or do they provide housing on base? How do I know if I qualify for these things and if I do how do I put in to get em' ? I would appreciate any answers. Thank you.

VMGRMech
01-23-04, 04:45 PM
You'll either recieve BAH (BAsic Allowace For Housing) or you be assigned base housing. It depends if a house is available at the time you check in to your new command. You can choose to not accept base housing and recieve BAH, but I do not suggest that move this early in your career ($$$$$)

To start the ball rolling let your NCOIC know your situation and he willl arrange a time for you to go to the housing office

greybeard
01-24-04, 10:22 AM
Have any clue where you are going after school? I can remember being in Vietnam, and knew I was going to NAS Memphis, and was able to get my name on the base housing waiting list a couple of months early. Don't know how it works now.

clara hill
09-12-09, 09:34 AM
my husband is in his MCT's and i was wondering when he goes for his MOS do they allow his wife to go with him ? and we would have a house and would he have libarty to be at our house during the week any ?

echo3oscar1833
09-12-09, 12:03 PM
For the Corporal, when I was in, I got Married. I moved out in town and got BAH and Comrats, plus my regular pay. Do that its better than base housing in my opinion. Its more money, and you get to choose where you live. I didn't want Camp Lejuene Base housing cause the house's where crappy. Some of the areas looked like run down trailer parks. :marine:

For the Marine Wife, no you won't be able to move in with him until he gets to his regular duty station. Once he completes his MOS training, and gets to the fleet you and him can get a house/apt. My advice when he gets to his unit in the fleet. Tell him to get down to DPAC and get set up for BAH, once he gets his first BAH payment. You and him can go pick out a nice apt/house. :marine:

clara hill
09-12-09, 12:52 PM
ok so you dont think i should move to florida when he go's for his aviation schooling cuz i was goign to get a apartment near the school and just see him as much i could

clara hill
09-12-09, 12:55 PM
thank you for your advice lol it helps

Lupo22
09-12-09, 04:26 PM
If his schooling is a certain amount of time, you'll be able to move with him. I'm not sure how long it has to be but I know when I was considering Crypto Linguist as an MOS, the school is almost a year long and they told me she would be able to move out with me. Once again, I'm not sure how long the school has to be to get this option...

clara hill
09-13-09, 05:54 PM
ok. thanks every much and his MOS is a year long in pensacola florida and it's his aviation schooling and stuff like that . and thanks again

BR34
09-13-09, 06:22 PM
If you live ON base sure it pays for your house but then what?

Then you get free water, sewer, trash pick up, electricity, lawn services, and maintenance. And in my case I get to live less than a mile from where I work and less than a half mile from the Commissary and PX so I spend next to nothing on gas.

clara hill
09-13-09, 06:40 PM
ok that souds like a realy good idea and thanks for all your help.....

clara hill
09-14-09, 10:09 AM
i have another ? and sorry for all the ?'s i have but .
when he get's done with his MCT what will he be doing on his aviation in pensacola florida ????????? he is a air plane macanic........

GSEMarine94
09-14-09, 10:25 AM
i have another ? and sorry for all the ?'s i have but .
when he get's done with his MCT what will he be doing on his aviation in pensacola florida ????????? he is a air plane macanic........

BAH is based on your location, and rank. Go to this website and input your zip code and his rank and it will give you your amount. (the zip code for NAS Pensacola is 32508).
http://www.defensetravel.dod.mil/perdiem/bah.html

After MCT he will begin his MOS training, it will be a school enviroment.

clara hill
09-14-09, 10:29 AM
ok thanks so much.

clara hill
09-14-09, 05:05 PM
ok and thanks for the info .....

DocGreek
09-14-09, 10:50 PM
:D Just WHO is this MARRIGE person??? ....HELLO....SPELL CHECK??:D:D CHEVY222333....how about a PROFILE...EH?? Who are you, and WHAT are you doing on a MARINE CORPS Website???...HUH?...HUH???

Wyoming
09-14-09, 11:12 PM
Yo Doc, di ya spel chek tha pos dete - 01-23-04, 01:53 PM :D

Sheeit, Ms Ellie was still in High School and Shaffer was a PFC.

DocGreek
09-15-09, 06:44 AM
:evilgrin::D.....AL...I've got some Picante sauce that's OLDER than that first post!!! HA! HA! HA! HA!....DDDDDUUUUUH..DDDOC DUFUS:D

clara hill
09-19-09, 09:59 AM
i have another ? and i was wondering when my husband get's his duty station what is bases like are there job's that i could get to work ?

Wyoming
09-19-09, 10:45 AM
i have another ? and i was wondering when my husband get's his duty station what is bases like are there job's that i could get to work ?.

No problem at all.

With your obvious written skills, you need to know only 6 words.

"You want fries with that order?"

clara hill
09-19-09, 10:50 AM
o okay well thanks i think

Wyoming
09-19-09, 10:53 AM
o okay well thanks i think I rest my case.

Have a wonderful day Little Lady.

clara hill
09-19-09, 10:56 AM
okay you to lol

Petz
09-19-09, 11:33 AM
maybe you should post your questions somewhere else like ellie said. Then you should remember to NOT grave dig like this. It's annoying.

Supersquishy
09-19-09, 11:43 AM
Its only $14 bucks, but the investment may be priceless for some.
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:OaNz5PgA9w1ESM:http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/vv256/Loveanygirls/51ASBE5X70L_SL500_.jpg (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/vv256/Loveanygirls/51ASBE5X70L_SL500_.jpg&imgrefurl=http://click2download.blogetery.com/ebooks/english-grammar-for-dummies.html&usg=__q_ZiNZ3-aPbex1C3CAoqHHwZceI=&h=475&w=379&sz=46&hl=en&start=1&um=1&tbnid=OaNz5PgA9w1ESM:&tbnh=129&tbnw=103&prev=/images%3Fq%3Denglish%2Bfor%2Bdummies%26hl%3Den%26s a%3DN%26um%3D1)

Lisa 23
09-19-09, 11:47 AM
Can't anyone read.........

i have another ? and i was wondering when my husband get's his duty station what is bases like are there job's that i could get to work ?

thedrifter: SINCE YOU ARE A SPOUSE, YOU ARE ONLY ALLOWED TO POST IN THE FAMILY AREA>>>DIRECT YOUR QUESTIONS THERE.

clara hill
09-19-09, 11:49 AM
ok then and no i am not buying that book sorry

Rocky C
09-19-09, 03:44 PM
HAHAHAHA!!!

Priceless Thread !!!

TyrantUT
09-22-09, 03:26 AM
How about you all be nice to the civilian? She had some decent questions, although poorly written. If you want to find a job near the place your husband will be stationed, first find out where he will be stationed. Without that, can't really help you. Near just about every single Marine base, there will be plenty of bars and tattoo places. Those can be places to check out if you are old enough to serve alcohol. Other than that, there will always be a commissary, PX and other on base jobs as well as supermarkets and so on outside of base. Now the only reason I am mentioning these places is because you don't look old enough to have finished your bachelors degree let alone an associates. Tell me I am wrong if need be, but I would say first and foremost.... GET YOUR EDUCATION... You will be much more marketable in a job field with an education. There are always plenty of opportunities at the base education center and LRC (Learning Recourse Center) to get some classes or certifications.

TyrantUT
09-22-09, 05:55 PM
LRC (Learning Recourse Center)

Learning Resource Center...

Petz
09-22-09, 06:17 PM
or, she shouldn't dreg up old threads. Read them, if they don't answer her question then she should post a new thread with her questions.

there are rules on the forums for a reason.

TyrantUT
09-22-09, 06:27 PM
The topic of the thread is Marriage and Base Housing, so anything to do with Marriage and Base Housing is fair game. Where in the rules does it say a thread is too old or a topic out of date?

Petz
09-22-09, 06:30 PM
the rule is, once the OP has their question answered you don't post in it anymore.

you want to ask a question you start a new thread. It's really not that complicated.

each situation is different and if you had to go through threads to get info do you think you want to read 20 pages to find out it's not in there?

this site is used for information gathering as much as it is for Marines to BS, but when you have different variations of the same question in the same thread it becomes difficult to sort through it all.

just accept it and move on.

TyrantUT
09-22-09, 06:46 PM
Right, information portal. So when a question is asked, either inform that person to post a separate thread, or answer the question. Were not here to be control freaks. No one wins when people wine about thread jacking.

thedrifter
09-22-09, 08:06 PM
The topic of the thread is Marriage and Base Housing, so anything to do with Marriage and Base Housing is fair game. Where in the rules does it say a thread is too old or a topic out of date?

She MUST LEARN TO POST IN THE FAMILY AREA>>>;)