PDA

View Full Version : Reunion 2004

Sgtj
01-23-04, 02:20 PM
I didn't check the dates of may 20-24 but ya'll should try to go see a Sunset parade at Iwo Jima. I was at the Barracks for over 4 years, marched in hundreds of shows, I still get goosebumps when I see the Marines march from behind the memorial. Also, you get better seats, well grass at Iwo, and there is not nearly as much waiting around. I also have some good connections at 8th and I.

Sgt Jolly
:marine:

thedrifter
01-23-04, 02:27 PM
Thanks....

We would love to see you there.....You just have to watch out for Cas and Jerry....They are always trying to get us in trouble....LOL...

Sempers,

Roger

Super Dave
01-23-04, 02:34 PM
NOTHING is more impressive as the Sunset Parade and 8th and I. No Marine can watch that and NOT have a chill run down his spine, his chest swell with pride and a tear in his eye!!
Just another reason the Marines are the FINEST..period!

Robbie0311/1800
01-23-04, 02:35 PM
Where's is the reunion???
Robbie

Super Dave
01-23-04, 02:37 PM
In Wash DC

thedrifter
01-23-04, 02:39 PM
Thanks...Super Dave.....You are getting to quick for me today.....;)

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=12220

Sempers,

Roger

Robbie0311/1800
01-23-04, 02:42 PM
Can't make it this year Tankers reunion is 2005 at Philadelpha Pa.
Robbie

grayshade
01-23-04, 02:55 PM
I'd love to go. Do we just show up or do we get tickets beforehand?

Grayshade

thedrifter
01-23-04, 04:30 PM
More info...will be supplied.....as soon as we get it....
Our next step is to look for a Hotel with the best deal for us....

Alert...DC....

Leatherneck...com....is coming again.....

Last year the Pentagon Tour was worth it.........Maybe again this year.........Also the WW II Memorial should be completed.......

FREEBIRD
01-25-04, 12:37 AM
Roger, I found a good deal on a hotel last year, its the confort inn at exit 2 off 395, Colleen knows the info, we need to check this out, they were going to let us use the banquet room if we had 20 guest. Much better to drink at motel than to drink and drive around in DC. and the motel is new and much better price's.
JUSTSOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT

Forget..............NEVER!!!!!!!!
FREEBIRD

marinemom
01-25-04, 07:14 AM
If it is off 295, that means going across the WIlson Bridge while construction ins underway for anything on this side of the river - like the Pentagon, Arlington Ridge, the Cemetery - just something to think about.

Remember, Heather and I get to ride on the hog, too.

mrbsox
01-25-04, 07:28 AM
May 20 to 24

On the Calendar, Vacation request goes in tomorrow.

Whos up for splitting expenses ??

Smoker, opinionated, snoreer (sp?)

Terry

FREEBIRD
01-25-04, 07:15 PM
Marinemon
I don't mean this post to be nasty so don't take it that way but you must be on drugs or don't know much about DC, first if you go back and read I said 395 not 295 and the pentagon is about 4 miles from the motel, the 8th and I is maybe 5 miles and Viet Nam wall is maybe 5 miles, only bridge is 14th street bridge, no traffic, no construction, and most of all no stupid ass people like where we stayed last year. that motel was the pits, but If you like that go for it, i'm not staying in or even close to DC, I been there done that, no thanks, Alexandria is much better, nice town, nice bars, great food, and only 5 mile from all that we want to see.
Please don't be mad at me when you read this, I just want what I think is best for everybody, last year i had a deal worked for free banquet roo, and you can get a car with your room for 10.00 more, dont know what the price will be this year, Colleen is suppose to check it out for us. Even the motel close to where Collen lives would be better than staying in Dc to me.
Thanks,
FREEBIRD

mrbsox
01-25-04, 07:34 PM
Potential SNAFU with dates

High School Graduation (NOOOOooooo not mine )

Gotta see, but planning on DC

Terry

CAS3
01-27-04, 12:36 PM
Hey,
I am not going to make ANY hotel decisions this year.
After the bull**it I had to put up with last year...
"I'm coming...no shows"

I had arranged a reasonable hotel..after all...you are just showering and sleeping...do you need special soaps on the tub!!

I had gotten a great rate because of the number that was supposed to show up. If this is Drifter and Freebirds reunion...then let Drifter and Freebird plan it!

I had arranged a restaurant for us too but because not everyone showed up, we got a raw deal there too.

I had arranged the SGTMAJ's banquet afterwards...that is the only time I saw you Marine's actually enjoy being in DC.

I may or may not be there depending on my move to CT.

The sunset parades do not start until later in the spring and as many times as I have been there, it is well worth it.

CAS3
01-27-04, 12:45 PM
NO CAS just got very honest with the people on this site!

and don't pizz me off Gerald..you will be in DC shortly! I know where to find you....

DSchmitke
01-27-04, 12:48 PM
Quick give her a cold one!

thedrifter
01-27-04, 12:55 PM
Ellie said she will try to seek and find....in between her duties with me......LOL
I see Mike stating about one......Will check into it.....

DSchmitke...I don't think she needs a cold one.....All we have to do is to step outside.....LOL.....

Sempers,

Roger

charlie222
01-27-04, 01:50 PM
Everytime that I've been to the Wall or even D.C. and stopped at the Wall there seems to be a "Dress Code", utilities,etc. Is there one? charlie222.

prmama
01-27-04, 04:44 PM
I promise that this year I will make it. I know last year I was going but I started working. Couldn't get the time off. And I just moved back home too. But this year I am going to be there. I have everything plan to go leaving here on Wednesday evening going to my in-laws house and drop off my kids for the weekend. In Baltimore.

I got plenty of Vacation days saved up just for this trip.

JAMarine
01-27-04, 05:37 PM
Put me down with permanent ink. If I can do anything from the WA area to assist please let me know.

Sixguns
01-27-04, 06:41 PM
I was waiting for the engraved invitation to arrive. I was going to RSVP through the mail, but I guess I can respond here. Let's see.... Have I missed a reunion since being part of Leatherneck? Hmmm.... I think that should help answer it.

SF,

Sixguns

FREEBIRD
01-28-04, 11:02 AM
This is to Roger, Shaffer, and the rest of Leatherneck.com

1. Colleen is right!!!
I started this reunion 3 years ago, with Rogers help, and Leatherneck.com came on board and really helped out with all the planning and arangements.
Last year at dinner the problem was not your fault Colleen, thats why I paid for it, I thought we got a raw deal but it wasn't your fault.
As for the motel, to me it was run like a ***** house, had people running in and out, loud music all night long, 6:00 am place was quiet as a grave yard....go figure!!!
Also place was not clean and was run down, maybe all that was just me, but when I pay $100.00 per night for a room I expect more, and have stayed in Dc area quit a bit, never had this problem. Again Colleen this was not your fault, I'm sure you didnt know any of this before hand.
I will make some LONG DISTANCE calls and see what i can find!!!

3. main thing, I need to know who is going to make it and if you are bringing anybody with you. I have asked people to e-mail me at Freebird6976@aol.com, I havent received any e-mails as of today.
I know the following people are going:
Shaffer, and Santos ?
Roger, Ellie and daughter
Sixguns
Grayshade
Mrbsox
Colleen
Freebird
Heather
Marinemon
JAMarine

Sgtj ???
Superdave ???

thats all I have as of today, I think we could get more if we e-mailed out a memo to all mambers, can anybody take care of that or is it possible?? Shaffer??

Thanks,
Freebird
USMC 69-76
:banana: :banana:

marinemom
01-28-04, 04:12 PM
Er, Freebird - you forgot JAM - and if you and Colleen need help, I am in Alexandria - and am a well practiced gofer

thedrifter
01-28-04, 04:24 PM
Rich has been added Marinemom......

We can't forget JAMarine......

Sempers,

Roger

mrbsox
01-28-04, 04:45 PM
Errrrr.....

If memory serves, there was a thought process about 'Hooches' in Pats back yard last year !!!

I don't mind 'rembering the ole days', but with last years weather, I was GLAD to have a room.

Terry

JAMarine
01-28-04, 04:52 PM
I feel so F@rking LOVED I just can't hardly stand it.

I (unlike Shaffer) do care about the people that say they are going to be there and not show up. It's different if your not sure but I believe we had several members last year that stated "I'll be there"! that never made it. As Colleen can attest to, it gets real embarassing when plans are made for a specific number of people and we don't show up.

Thanks from me to all the Planners last year. It's so weird for the first time going to a place to meet people that you've never met except for the internet. I didn't know what to expect. I do know however that I have additional members to my Family now than I did before I went last year. I wouldn't trade the Friends, Brothers and Sisters I made in Roger, Ellie and Daughter, Mike, Gerald & Nicci, Terry & Colleen for the world.

Ok that was last year and this is the year of the Best Reunion Ever. I don't know what I could do from WA State but if anyone needs me for anything JUST GIVE ME A CALL anytime.

Thanks for looking out for me "marinemom". I appreciate it.

Your Brother
rich

FREEBIRD
01-28-04, 07:18 PM
Marinemom,
Me and you ganna fight when I get to DC, I keep asking you if you on drugs, you keep saying No!!! you got 295 mixed up with 395 and now you say i left out JAM ( Rich)
go back to post and look under your name Marinemom, and tell me who's name is there, again, are you on drugs??? LMAO
Please dont hit me too hard!!!
Yes Shaffer, i'm working on details, made a call today but manager wasnt there, they said snow was a problem in area, bad roads and she would be in tomorrow, so i should be able to call you with dtails and then we can post something.
FREEBIRD

mrbsox
01-28-04, 08:20 PM
Thanks Rich, and well said.

I too had a life experence while there, meeting the 'crew', as well as 'completing a circle' that had been begun for me, many years before.

Thanks again FREEBIRD, for helping me thru it.

And I think that is part of what it's all about. Meeting friends for the first time, but more than that....

I felt a renewd kinship with the Corps, as well as Brothers and Sisters I had never met. As I told Jerry, I'm a better Marine today because of the site, AND because of what I got in D.C. last year.

Having more of us there this year, can only increase the the bond we share, the memories that we can share with each other, and create anew.

Count me in. I'll be on a tighter budget than last year, but I WILL bring a jacket :banana: Unless Cas want to keep me warm again (sighhhhhhh...... soooooft.....) :p

Terry

CAS3
01-28-04, 08:38 PM
Terry...anything I can do for the betttermant of Marine's!! I have most of my clothing in my car.

I apologize to you all if I seemed to be *****!ng! I just wanted to air out the laundry before the reunion as opposed to afterwards!

I also had a blast last year but this year...

I AM SOBER...better watch out...I am worse now without the additives!

I hope to see many new faces this year. I am grateful to have met my fellow Marine's and loved ones last year.

There is no dress code for the Wall however, I will not be showing up in cutoffs and a tank...hint hint...proper attire for former Marines!!

Oh, and just think...I have been here for another year.. I PROMISE not to get lost or drop anyone off at the wrong address!

prmama
01-28-04, 08:49 PM
I think Jerry should get us some Leatherneck t-shirts for those of ius that show up there.

CAS3
01-28-04, 08:57 PM
He did last year...where were u? LOL

troop901
01-28-04, 09:16 PM
This is not a negative post,
I went to this reunion in 02, we had a good time. The hotel arrangments should not be left up (or on the shoulders) of one person. Each person should make their own reservations to take the burden off of those who set up the tour, such as 8th@I, the Wall and other things. If a banquet hall is needed, then all should forward the money before hand, that would take care of the no shows. This reunion by Freebird and Drifter was meant as a get together to have fun and join up with Marines, old and new. When I and da warden went, Freebird went out of his way as did Collen, and sixguns, ifin I knew what that jacket was worth I would have kept it lol.
So, make yer own arrangements, go, have fun, these people will show u a good time in DC, ifin u need that hall, then fork out da money fer it, dont leave the few planning it holdin da bag. This trip is well worth it, nuttin like jabberin in person with da Marines that come here and other sites. For myself, cant make it in May, but Collen, let me know ifin u can get me tickets fer da parade either the first or second week of june, thats my vacation and I would like to take my heathens to see what daddy used to be and will always be.
SF

CAS3
01-28-04, 09:36 PM
AWESOME>>>Can't wait to see you and the whole family then...Just let me know when you are ready and I will get you on the guest list!

CAS3
02-12-04, 07:52 PM
Question:
Is 70 dollars to much for the Days Inn near the Pentagon. So far, that's what I have found...

marinemom
02-12-04, 08:28 PM
Take it if you can get it, CAS. The lowest rate after that is $89.95 per night at the Pentagon Comfort Inns - I'll check some more.

FREEBIRD
02-12-04, 08:29 PM
sounds good to me, let me know what others think, they might not have a lot of choice as all the motels and hotels are booked through May
E-mail me and let me know colleen, sounds good to me!!

Thanks for your dedication!!

CAS3
02-12-04, 08:33 PM
Marinemom, that is the hotel. The special rate is for a group.

FREEBIRD
02-12-04, 09:05 PM
OK, IS IT A CONFORT INN, OR A DAYS INN???
WOMEN?????
EITHER ONE IS FINE, JUST LET ME KNOW IF I HAVE A RESERVATION???

FREEBIRD
ROTFLMAO