PDA

View Full Version : The Navy just approved the military's best tattoo rules

Rocky C
04-01-16, 08:30 AM
The Navy is easing its tattoo policy in a bid to recruit and retain more sailors from the millennial generation, of whom more than 1 in 3 sport body art. <br />
<br />
Sailors will be allowed to have neck...

Tennessee Top
04-01-16, 10:37 AM
The CMC sure is dragging his feet as far as releasing his updated tattoo policy. He said 2-3 months ago it would be out within the next 30 days. Both the Army and Navy had no problems publishing their new/looser rules - both say strict tattoo policies don't work in todays recruiting world. I know he wants to get it right and answer everyone's questions. Going to be interesting to see how much the rules change (if any).

SGT7477
04-01-16, 07:27 PM
Ink never stopped me from being a kick azz Marine,lol, Semper Fidelis.

Rocky C
04-02-16, 08:02 AM
You got that right Ronnie !!!

MunkyVsRobot
04-02-16, 08:22 PM
this whole tattoo thing is getting out of hand on both ends. The service being too strict and the service members thinking they didn't join a service where they were told what to do and actually do as they are told. To me they sound like a bunch of wussies (language selection used for GP) but these people want to be able to tattoo whatever it is they want then what the hell is there a standard for if you want to relax that lets relax everything why have grooming standards why have PT standards lets just let everyone do as they please. God this whole tattoo thing ****es me off to no end none of these mother****ers think about anything before they do it they just assume it feels right for right now lets do it no thought about the future or anything. I still have 0 tattoos and i dont feel any less like a man for having no tattoos and i am not going to complain if they change the standards on tattoos BECAUSE I JOINED THE GOD DAMNED MILITARY. It should be expected you are going to be told what is acceptable and what is not.

Everyone wants to say old corps it was ok well heres a news flash Walter Kronkite it isnt acceptable because all the older generation frowns upon them and no one wants someone with a neck tattoo or face tattoo to be watching their kids. Im not saying it is my biased you want to tattoo your face I dont care it is your face, but damn it dont join the military and expect it to change for you.

Especially the people who are cheering for the change in the tattoo policy and are poo pooing the freakin change about females joining SOF or any of that jazz.

MunkyVsRobot
04-02-16, 08:32 PM
I dont mean to fly off the handle as much as i do about this stuff (maybe i do and i just dont know it) But I am a man of logic and reason. I joined this gun club full well knowing i was going to be told what was acceptable and what was not and that what is acceptable now will not always be status quo. I am also not always the most motivated nor am i an 8999. but that being said it has become a real trend that people have this F it mentality and the I should be able to do what I want mentality and it is killing the Marine Corps.

It also does stand to reason that people who are cheering the fact that tattoos are becoming acceptable again (they had to get rid of people some how during the draw down) that you would also cheer the fact women will get their chance to try and join the combative ranks (as long as the standards arent lowered which they probably will be). I dont necessarily care about the tattoo policy as I stated I have none as of yet but i dont thgink it should be as big of an issue some of these kids have made it out to be.

Tennessee Top
04-03-16, 08:50 AM
^^^what is a 8999 (DI)?

Different question Devil. Read the CMC just added 3 new books to his reading list. Does that mean anything? People actually read any of those books (if they can find time away from their video games and texting on their phones)? Is the reading list part of the PME requirements today?

One point about this article. Service members opting to get tattoos is only half the issue. The other half is recruiting and finding enough qualified applicants that don't already look like gangbangers.

MunkyVsRobot
04-03-16, 05:54 PM
8999 is the MOS designation given to 1stSgts and SgtMaj

JDAM
04-05-16, 06:46 AM
I think a lot of it depends on the tattoos.
defamatory stuff, gang ink should be 86'ed

also once you get in there should be some sort of conduct standard
for getting inked painted & pinned.
if they want to look like a freak they should join the side show at Coney Island.