PDA

View Full Version : Marines for me?

quemas
09-05-02, 11:08 PM
I have a VERY VERY VERY minimal case of cerebral palsy, if I even have it anymore. I mean it doesn't affect me and for most kids it's like a mental and/or physical retardation, but for me the only probelm I HAD was when I was younger was I had a limp but I had corrective surgery, so I don't have a noticeable limp anymore, I play football for my high school right now and it doesn't hurt or bother me. I was browsing the net to see if I could still qualify and it said if you had this health condition it isn't usually waived but in my case could it be? Please help!

22DevilPup87
09-06-02, 01:49 PM
From what I've gathered by lurking around the boards is that you're good to go if you can prove your condition won't interfere. Sixguns will be able to give you a better answer than I can, but if you play football for your high school and can prove to your recruiter and then to MEPS that you won't be hindered in any way my guess is you can get a waiver.

I wish you the best of luck.

Jess

quemas
09-06-02, 09:49 PM
Thank you devilpup, I sure hope you're right. What do you think sixguns, can I get waived if I prove myself?

22DevilPup87
09-06-02, 10:01 PM
I'd just like to say that I've got my fingers crossed for ya!

Sixguns
09-07-02, 07:22 AM
Your medical condition is NORMALLY a disqualification. In fact, the MEPS doctor would tell you that you are not even qualified to take a physical to try to enlist. You may be able to explain your condition and request a Navy Bureau of Medicine waiver (navy does MC waivers too). It may be a slim chance, but a slim chance is better than no chance. The reason I think it may be tough is because you were born with the condition and technically you still have it. The surgery only corrected your limp, not Cerebral Palsy. It might take some work on your part, but I am happy to walk you through what needs to be done if you are willing to proceed.

quemas
09-07-02, 12:06 PM
I would be more than happy if you walked me through what I would need to do so I could enlist six, I would greatly appreciate it. Look forward to hearing from you again. Thanks again!

LadyLeatherneck
09-07-02, 10:18 PM
Quemas, quemas quieres?!! :D

quemas
09-07-02, 11:26 PM
yo quiero el Marine Corps LadyLeatherneck. żUd. hablas espanol si o no?

LadyLeatherneck
09-08-02, 01:34 PM
Pues si quieres el Marine Corps, ADELANTE MUCHACHO!!!

Si, hablo Espanol :D Y no me digas "Ud." You make me feel old
calling me that..LOL!!

quemas
09-08-02, 03:07 PM
lo siento mucho Lady! Tu eres no viejo :)

LadyLeatherneck
09-08-02, 06:03 PM
I should hope I'm not a "viejo" or "viejA"...LOL!!!
And it's "Tu no estas vieja." You write Spanish like
Sparrowhawk. You two related??....LOL!

MillRatUSMC
09-08-02, 06:28 PM
Hermano,
We wish you all the luck in your quest to join us in the "Brotherhood" known as the United States Marine Corps.
Now a question to LadyLeatherneck;
When is a person known as a "viejo" or a "vieja"?
Inquiring minds want to know.
I won't even try writting in Spanish.
My grammar and spelling in English is terrible.
In Spanish, it will be unbelievable!!!

Semper Fidelis and Good Luck in your quest
Ricardo

USMC0311
09-15-02, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by MillRatUSMC
Hermano,
We wish you all the luck in your quest to join us in the "Brotherhood" known as the United States Marine Corps.
Now a question to LadyLeatherneck;
When is a person known as a "viejo" or a "vieja"?
Inquiring minds want to know.
I won't even try writting in Spanish.
My grammar and spelling in English is terrible.
In Spanish, it will be unbelievable!!!

Semper Fidelis and Good Luck in your quest
Ricardo

here ya go Ricardo http://www.freetranslation.com/index.htm
might help ya with the language barrier, Brother
Semper Fi, Marine

giffy89
04-15-07, 10:38 AM
quemas i have extremely mild cp too. i can do all the neccesary pt and stuff so hopefully i can join. i was just wondering how it worked out for you and if you had any advice

Achped
04-15-07, 10:52 AM
Giffy, while I must commend you on an excellent use of the search function, this thread is almost five years old. Meaning if Quemes enlisted, his first enlistment is already over by now.

Better chance would be to PM or email him.

Soon2BeVIP
04-15-07, 10:57 AM
oh wow old bump. I was wondering why I had never heard of these people. Whatever happened to sixguns?