PDA

View Full Version : GUT BUSTING! Are you up to it?

Sparrowhawk
09-05-02, 09:46 PM
Went to the doctor the other day and stepped onto the scale..

200 lbs, it read.

"It's wrong," I said to the nurse who ignored me.

That's it, I said. No more late night snacks.. I gotta lose some weight.

Who else is up to it?

I say collectively we can lose 1000 lbs, for the good of the Corps!

I need to loose 25 lbs, to get back to 175....

Anyone want to join me in making your own commitment?

I will do it by November 11, 2002 (my birthday)

I will do it by eating differently and working out..

You can make up your own goal or perhaps we can set our own dates and goals here?

Hummm, thinking outloud.....

http://cookbarela.bizland.com/award.gif
Before picture

dnelson
09-05-02, 10:15 PM
Started the workout yesterday. Having real trouble lifting my arms. Talk about out of shape. Working out at Golds Gym, had a trainer set up my routine. Seemed kind of easy when we went thru it on Monday. But really doing it ouch.

Lets see Sept 4 weeks left Oct 4 weeks+ Nov 2 weeks=10 weeks 2 lbs per week. Good number. Weighed 220 at VA today. Will shoot for 200 by the 10th of Nov. Am looking to be about 170-180 by next spring. 170 may be to hard with working out with weights. While still in the Marines I went from 180 to 190 and everybody thought I had lost weight. I had just moved it up.

But put me in for 20.

wrbones
09-06-02, 02:29 AM
I don't have any to lose, the last four months I lost 35 pounds somewhere! Doc said I'm down to 206! Now fer me a couple more pounds lost and I'd blow away in a light wind! Tell ya what, I be pretty busted up, but I'll make an effort to get back into shape with ya! Mebbe in four, five months I can get it back and make it weight worth havin! LOL. 6'6" and 206 puts me on the skinny side of the ledger! Double rats and lots of bends and whoopees fer me I guess!

Kinda scary, huh!

MillRatUSMC
09-06-02, 08:03 AM
All we have to pay as senior citizens (60 +) is 25 big ones for a year's membership to a Fitness Center.
That run by our city's government.
Free weights, weight machines, treadmills, stationary bikes manual and computerized.
Pool, sauna, jauzzi.
I've been working out since April of this year.
Also watching what I eat.
Cut out most if not all fast foods, eating mostly fish and skinless chicken.
Yogurt and grandola for breakfast.
Small lunch before I go and workout in the afternoon.
Workout;
45 minutes on the computerized stationary bike, 30 minutes jogging on the treadmill, some work with the free weights, then its 20 minutes of swimming in the pool for a day's worth of cross training.
Then it's home to a light dinner.
Haven't drank or smoked for many a moon.
All this has resulted in a loss of 40 pounds.
Went from 200 to 158 to 160.
Don't lose a pound but also haven't gained a pound back.
It pays to be retired, but it's not retared!!!
LMAO
It can be done!!!
I've done it...

Semper Fidelis
Ricardo

MillRatUSMC
09-06-02, 08:10 AM
My dear wife kept asking me when I was up at 200 pounds.
"When's the baby dued?"
That led to my buying one on those home gyms that you mount on a door.
Then one of my son informed me that dues were only $25.00 for us senior citiziens at the Fitness Center.
So I went back to the fitness center and enrolled again.
Feel a lot better without all that extra weight.
Cut out eating a lot cheese and ice cream...it'sa hard at times seeing all those great looking deserts.

Semper Fidelis
Ricardo

mrbsox
09-06-02, 08:26 AM
I'll join the 'WAIST' away gang... :p

Can we figure out some way to throw smoking in here too.... Wifes been ragging me for a couple of years, and I just don't want to quit, but I know the results !!!

A couple of years ago, I accused Wal-Mart o fimporting cheap imitation jeans from over seas. English measurements built to metric specs... ya know. It was just all of a sudden, that 34 waist didn't fit any more. Had to be the cheap jeans. :D

Now, the 36's are getting snug, scales are tipping 200..... lets see :
2000 divided by .... damn, a 10th of a ton.........

See ya in the Sauna's. Put me down for $20.00...... Ohhh, wait 20 pounds.... $ would be easier !!!

Sparrowhawk
09-06-02, 10:03 AM
MillRatUSMC, no one told me anything about cutting out Ice Cream and Cheese. This can turn out to be a real challenge. Do tortillas count?

Don't qualify for senior citizen discount yet.

But, I might need to hire one of those personal trainers. Maybe a nicely shaped top heavy redhead. To keep me motivated. LOL

wrbones is nothing but bones? U and MillRat can be our motivators.

Humm, maybe we can include not only losing the pounds but shaping up as well. You know working out so we look like we got some solid stuff to show off. Might even have to get a full-length mirror, after awhile.

Socks ~ Seems like I was buying those same type of trousers. But I figured it was the washer and dryer that were shrinking them and my shirts.

Our new motto can probably be, "LEAN and MEAN, MARINE"

<hr>
Well here's how it’s shaping up, so far.

SPARROWHAWK.......... to lose for 25
DNELSON .......... to lose 20
MRBSOX .......... to lose 20

<hr>

Where are the Ladies? Guess they don't need to lose any lbs...LOL

And, Shaffer, seems like that boy can afford to lose a few pounds, might make him look taller! LMAO

Sparrowhawk
09-06-02, 10:07 AM
I like the idea of putting up some cash to the task, might help us to stay motivated.

**** According to researcher and epidemiology professor Robert W. Jeffery, Ph.D., of the University of Minneapolis. "You'll be more likely to stick with a fitness program if you have money riding on it."

A study at Michigan State University found that people who bet $40 that they could maintain an exercise program for 6 months had a 97-percent success rate. Among those who didn't take the bet, fewer than 20 percent were able to stay with their routines.

I guess it's committment time.

<b>Put me down for $40.00 bucks</b>

dnelson
09-06-02, 10:17 AM
I would say set up your program, then if you still feel the need to put money down do so. Do a few of the routines for a couple of days just to see what they are like. I can tell you I did it light on my first one and I have muscles in my chest that hurt to the touch. I wil go in today but it will be a really light workout. Give myself two days to heal then go back in on monday ready to go(I hope).

As a note I really must have been hurting while getting check by the VA they check your blood pressure. Mine was up for the first time in years. They said it could be because of that workout, and the body trying to heal.

:banana: This little guy needs shot.:evilgrin:

thedrifter
09-06-02, 10:23 AM
Well you need a little motivation.....well I can't supply you the money but I do have a personal trainer for you........

She whips you into the routine.....LOL

Sempers,

Roger

http://www.naturalredheads.com/sml/red1.jpg

tex-mark
09-06-02, 11:11 AM
Put me down for 5 lbs.-lol.....I made my commitment three years ago, and lost 37 lbs. in six months. I did it without any exercise whatsoever. I did the low carbohydrate/high protein diet. Besides the weight loss, my cholesterol dropped to 150 and my blood pressure dropped to 110/70. I went from a tight 36 inch waist to a 32. (it's 33 now, but I've been a bad boy-lol). My motabalism has stayed up as I eat pretty much whatever I want now, and put on very little weight. (and I eat Mexican food at least 6 times a week-lol). I gain 4 to 5 lbs. every few months, then get back on the diet for a week or so and it comes right back off. I highly recommend the book "Protein Power". It explains what is really happening in your body, and really motivated me to do it. There's a lot of bad press about the diet, but for me it was a life saver. Those who bad mouth it don't give valid reasons for why it is bad for you. Now I just need to exercise more, and lose the 5 lbs. (maybe I'll even up it to 10-lol). So I'll join you guys in this endeavor; but can I start next week?
I just have to eat junk food at the Cowboy/Texans football game Sunday night-lmao. Stay motivated Marines!!!.:banana:

Semper Fi !!!

Mark

gemntx
09-06-02, 11:40 AM
Go ahead and put me down for 10 pounds. That will put me down to about the 200 mark. I've also done the low carb/high protein route. I lost over 40 lbs with it. Unfortunately I didn't slip off that routine, I jumped off. I guess it time to become familiar with the inside of the city rec center/gym. If this works out I might even try running again.:eek:

Good luck to everyone!

Let the reps begin!:tired:

Glenn

devilpup2B
09-06-02, 04:22 PM
I can't afford to lose any weight (I'm 5' 2 1/2" and about 105-110 lbs) but I'm all for getting into shape. I need y'all to give me PT again, for some reason that stopped. I'm all caught up and have little motivation. So gimme some PT, k? :) Good luck y'all!

~Morgan
I'm in for it now....lol

Sparrowhawk
09-06-02, 04:41 PM
You have to run around Ontario Mall (inside) singing in cadence.

"Sparrowhawk is great, Sparrowhawk is great, Sparrowhawk is great. leatherneck.com is great, leatherneck.com is great, leatherneck.com is great, All Marines are great, All Marines are great. Bones is A BOAT PADDLE, Bones is A BOAT PADDLE, Bones is A BOAT PADDLE ( see thread "I just wanted to let you folks know how much I appreciate you"). LOL

Then you start, all over again, singing... Sparrowhawk is great."

LOL

chavez1972
09-06-02, 04:44 PM
This sounds pretty cool. Put me down for 15 pounds. I'm heading to 29 Palms and I need to show up looking hard.:rambo:

dnelson
09-06-02, 05:01 PM
Chavez1972, going from the frying pan to straight into the fire. Every time I went to 29 palms I lost weight.

Semper Fi

Sparrowhawk
09-06-02, 06:03 PM
So far....

SPARROWHAWK.......... to lose 25 lbs
DNELSON .......... to lose 20 lbs
MRBSOX .......... to lose 20 lbs

TEX-MARK ………. To lose 5 lbs
GEMNTX ………. To lose 10 lbs
CHAVEZ 1972 ………. To lose 15 lbs

1st day commitment Total so far 95 lbs…..
Almost 1/10 of the way there….

Now about actually losing them… hummm. Already started. Went to the store and parked all the way the other side of the parking lot. Okay, so the place was crowded, but hey, I’m working on it.

LadyLeatherneck
09-06-02, 07:47 PM
5'9" weighing in at 172 put me down for 10..
should meet my goal by then...162!!! WOOHOOO!!!:banana:

MillRatUSMC
09-06-02, 08:17 PM
http://www.oo-rah.com/gen/pt.shtml

http://www.menshealth.com/mhclips2/index.shtml

Above are two sites with a lot of information on all this waist stuff.

But the biggest motivation should be;
For every inch above 32" for males, increases by a certain percentage the likely hood of early heart attack.

At 40" the percentage is at 106% that you will be subjected to early heart attack.

That's a biggie, as any reason to get on that waist stuff.

Might need to have PT formation, to do the Daily 16.

FALL IN FOR PT...

Semper Fidelis
Ricardo LMAO

Sparrowhawk
09-06-02, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by LadyLeatherneck
5'9" weighing in at 172 put me down for 10..
should meet my goal by then...162!!! WOOHOOO!!!:banana:

LADY, I was there when you ordered breakfast... member...

I'm putting you down for 15 lbs...

But that weight is in nice choice places...LOL

and I'm coming around in the morning to wake you up for an early morning run....

MillRatUSMC

Thanks for the internet sites .. have bookmarked them..

Cook

Sparrowhawk
09-06-02, 11:02 PM
bought two racquetball racquets at a garage sale today for only $2.00 bucks. LOL anyone in Southern California up to it?

LL we can play at my favorite spot in Palm Springs.. LOL

https://www.pacificsports.com/images/147336%2El%2Ejpg

What's the difference between green raquet-balls and the blue ones?

<hr>
might have to look up the rules book on how to play..LMAo

Static_Sky
09-07-02, 04:46 AM
can't let ya'll have all the fun throw me in for 25 (6'1" @ 195 lbs) I think my ideal is in the 160-170 range and Sparrow we had a guy acting as Squad leader for a Run, well einstine decides we're going for a jog inside the local mall. needless to say small town malls and running inside don't mix lol:D

Static_Sky
09-07-02, 04:47 AM
make that Einstein (and here I am insulting another fella's intellegence lol)

mrbsox
09-07-02, 08:08 AM
Yhep.... that's right.....

I stepped on the scales to get started :eek:

205 lbs. @ 6'2" (tall, dark, handsome, here ladies.... lol)

20 lbs will bring me back to 185, where i got out of Boot Camp at.

Static-Sky>>> Went in @ 165, Graduated @185. I don' think YOU losing should be a prioity. If you start 'chunking' up, you'll probably put on !!!!

So..... were in the hunt for 20lbs, oh, .... hey..... wait, ....... I don't have to hunt. I know right where it's at. :p

Just gotta set a goal date.... lessee.... 20# times 3 meals a day, divided by not enough sleep, times the square root of 2 teenage kids in the house........ awhhhhhh...... Fcuk it. New Years..... If I can lose 20, quit smoking, AND survive the holidays (I LOVE TO EAT), then it's a done deal. Smoking and the Holidays will be the tough part.

Good luck to all. If we make it to reunion, my 20 is going into the pot for the first round !!!!

C U chunky monkeys around.... ( get it... a round....lol.... I just kill myself.....) Oh well, 'rim shot' wouldn't of save that one :p

Terry

top1371
09-07-02, 10:12 AM
Well since I only have 72 and a wake up...put me down for 15! Gotta be looking good when I grow my pony tail.

dnelson
09-07-02, 10:24 AM
MRBSOX we must have had the same drill instructors. I had to lose weight to join went from 220 to 160 in under 3 months. But when I graduated I weighed in at 180 one pound under my max. I fought that weight for my entire 20 years. Do not think I can make 180 again. But do need to drop. As I posted earlier 220 last thursday at the VA clinic. Shooting for 200, if I go lower great. But I do plan on lifting weights, the last time I did that I put on weight went from 180 to 190. It would not bother me as long as it moves up. If my waste goes down that is what I am shooting for.

Did not make my work out Friday over did it last Wed. It hurt to drive, so I would not have been able to work out. Just turning the steering wheel hurt, even pulling out my wallet almost brought tears to my eyes. Already feeling much better today so I will be back in the gym on monday ready to go.

Semper Fi

mrbsox
09-07-02, 11:34 AM
Last time I worked a routine with free weights, took a couple of weeks to quit hurting. workout on Mon, Wed, Fri,

My workout coach made me MAX the first day, then easy for the first 2 wks, till muscles recovered. He said it hurt more like that, but NOT as long, and was better on the muscle to recover under load.

Your call.... that's just what I was told to do..... SEVERAL yrs ago.

Get some.....

P.T......

Good for You.....

Hell for Me :banana: :banana:

Terry

Static_Sky
09-07-02, 03:26 PM
I was thinking "fat weight" :) mucsle weight I ain't worried about gainin (I don't think it ever hurt anyone)

dnelson
09-07-02, 03:31 PM
I don't think I could have done the weight part yesterday even if I had used zero weight and just went thru the motions. I think by monday I will be fine, just take it a little easier on the start. I do remember while still in and lifting I think I did the same thing. Once I started and it didn't hurt it was great. Burn is different from hurt.

Just to give you an idea how much I hurt yesterday. I had on he!! of a time pulling my jeans on. Then when I had to pull out my wallet in the store would almost bring me to tears and that was just putting my hand in position to pull it out.

LadyLeatherneck
09-07-02, 04:27 PM
Dang, 157 Sparrow?!!!! YOU'RE GONNA KILL ME HERMANO!!!
I gotta eat fool!! Alright I'll bring the scale next time when we
meet for breakfast. We'll see who meets their goal. :p

MillRatUSMC
09-07-02, 04:46 PM
http://www.marinemail.com/usmc_weight_standards.htm

Above is a link to a page that has the Marine Corps weight-height standards for men and women, women and men, take your pick.
We're being PC here.
Happiness was being able to say;
"I made my Marine Corps weight-height standard about a month and a half from this date.
Now the problem will be to stay at that weight.
Especially with the holidays in our near future...

Semper Fidelis and good luck in your quest to make your Marine Corps weight-height standard!
Ricardo

dnelson
09-07-02, 05:09 PM
Didn't even look at the chart. know I will not make my weight. Look up 68 inch. You will see that what i say I will drop to is still 19 pounds above that. If I could not stay at my weight while in I know ofr sure I won't now. But if I can get to 190 I will feel happy.

Semper Fi

Sophora
09-07-02, 05:19 PM
Put me down for 25, with a date of Dec 15th. I'll be flying back to MD then to visit with family..Need to quit smoking by then too..but the weight is the priority :D

lindagr41
09-07-02, 06:38 PM
DANG!!!! According to that chart...I'd need to loose close to 80 lbs or more!! Glad my guy likes me the way I am...fat and fluffy :yes: :lick:

me

http://wowjoke.com/image/1003.gif

devilpup2B
09-07-02, 08:25 PM
SIR YES SIR! All I need now is a ride to the Mills...

LadyLeatherneck
09-07-02, 09:52 PM
Okay I'm really proud of myself :D
From looking at that chart I'm ONLY
12 over my max and I've been out for
over 6 years and had 2 other children
since then. Not too bad, don't ya think?

Now if I lose the 15 pounds Sparrow just
pressured me into I'll be 3 lbs
UNDER my max. :D

tex-mark
09-07-02, 10:47 PM
According to that chart I'm 17 lbs. under my max....now where's those cookies? :D

thedrifter
09-07-02, 10:57 PM
According to that chart I'm 32 lbs under the max weight for my height...............HE HE HE HE:banana: :banana: :banana:

Sempers,

Roger

tex-mark
09-07-02, 11:05 PM
Want some cookies? Keep em away from Sparrow though-LMAO :banana:

thedrifter
09-08-02, 12:36 AM
Mark, cookies sound good, will keep them away from Sparrowhawk. We have to make sure we keep the frozen Reese Peanut Butter Cups away from LL.............HE HE HE HE

Sempers,

Roger

tex-mark
09-08-02, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by thedrifter
Mark, cookies sound good, will keep them away from Sparrowhawk. We have to make sure we keep the frozen Reese Peanut Butter Cups away from LL.............HE HE HE HE

Sempers,

Roger

You've got that right. The way she uses em they don't stay frozen for long-LOL:scared:

:banana:

Sparrowhawk
09-08-02, 11:01 AM
SPARROWHAWK.......... to lose 25 lbs

DNELSON .......... to lose 20 lbs

MRBSOX .......... to lose 20 lbs

LADYLEATHERNECK ………. To lose <strike>10</strike> 15 lbs

Static_Sky ………. To lose 25

TOP1371 ………. To lose 15

Sophora ………. To Lose 25

lindagr41 ………. To remain fluffy and soft. LOL

Yahooo....

A total of 170 lbs to be lost for the good of the Corps, and ourselves, and our spouses.

Now, we might need a goal date..

The Marine Corps Birthday? November 10th? (for some of us?)

Where's our weight moderators, trainers..

Sparrowhawk
09-08-02, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by MillRatUSMC

Happiness was being able to say;
"I made my Marine Corps weight-height standard about a month and a half from this date.

November 10th? Everyone?

Checked myself against The Marine corps recommended link..

http://www.marinemail.com/usmc_weight_standards.htm

Gosh darn its gona be hard, but with you all doing the same...

At 68 1/2 inches (my height ladies, LMAO) I should weight 183 lbs. But I realize that may not give me the weight lost I want, unless its all at the right places.

Seems like I have weight 165-175 for long time, so will shoot for the 175 mark.

Last time I lost so much weight I was campaigning for public office and doing a lot of walking. So, walking, hiking, racquetball, it is, and chucks no more Krispy Kream donuts.

hummm, where's my red-haired trainer?

LadyLeatherneck
09-08-02, 01:27 PM
Okay on that chart...looking at the 69 inches height standard...
for men the max is
and for females

that's a whole damn 26 lbs more that men get to
weigh than females. I'm assuming that they do this
with the intention that men have more muscle therefore
weighing more, but if you ask me I think that's just more
room for fat. I don't think this is fair!!! :mad: So if some
of you are actually UNDER your max that's just because
they've given you more lbs for muscle but it actually might
bet FAT!!!!! :evilgrin:

LadyLeatherneck
09-08-02, 01:29 PM
I SAY WE ALL HAVE A FAT TEST DONE...THEN WE'RE TALKING!!!

Sparrow, November 10th deadline sounds good to me.

wrbones
09-08-02, 04:11 PM
But I wasn't gonna say nuthin'! Honest!

What's the matter, you didn't think you belonged on the same farm as the rest of the animals!

LadyLeatherneck
09-08-02, 06:08 PM
Okay bones. I know you just didn't call me a FAT HOG
MARINE!!!! :mad: :p and no, I don't think I belong on
the same farm as everyone else. I DON'T, I DON'T, I DON'T!!!
LMAO!!!

Sparrowhawk
09-08-02, 06:50 PM
FAT TEST?

WHERE DO YOU GET IT? AT THE FAT SUPERMARKET?

http://test.thespark.com/fatliartest/lie_detector.jpg

wrbones
09-08-02, 07:49 PM
You know I hold you in the highest esteem!

Sparrowhawk
09-08-02, 08:56 PM
DAY ONE

Woke up and had my coffee this morning, four cups, black no sugar, no cream

Had a cinnamon roll, just one, wasn't a big one.

the church had a bar-b-que today, so I took six tortilla chips with salsa, and a hot corn tortilla, the tortilla was too tempting not to eat, freshly made and hot off the grill.

Then two tacos rice and beans. Good, delicious tacos... wanted more, boy how I wanted more. Nice bar-b-qued carne asada, cooked Mexican style on an open hot plate, fresh pinto beans and Mexican rice.

I stopped myself, walked away from it.

I was proud of myself for that one.

Then I got home and wife asked for a chocolate candy, she gave me a box of See's chocolate candies for our anniversary, the box was still wrapped. I opened the box (for her, to give her a piece).

There they were right in front of me.. Dark European-style chocolate candies, with soft centers, Butterchew, Lemon Truffle, all covered in rich dark chocolate.

http://www.sees.com/prodimg/0202dkchocbig.jpg

I had her take the ones I don't like, then I took one, closed the cover and I though of putting the box in my heavy duty, fire proof file cabinet, where I have all my important counseling files.

That would require that I get up and get the key and have to open the cabinet to get to the candies. But no, I figured, I can do it without the hassle. Besides if I leave it on my desk, my daughters will come into my office see them, and take one or two here and there and pretty soon it will all be gone.

Question: If I bite the edges off some to see what the filling in them is, does that count?

Also, had one (1) almond frosted covered cookie, I bought them for my wife, for our anniversary!

But I did tell the girl at the supermarket check out, to scan the box twice.

Twice she asked, yes, I told her.

I had read somewhere that if you scan them twice the second scan kills all the calories, or was that for antrax letters?

Then the latest. This evening I sat down to eat a bowl of fresh fruit. But the fruit was going bad, I just bought them yesterday, the expiration date says its good until the 9th. I figured it was a sign, so I won't eat them, instead I'll return them to the market tomorrow. Maybe I can exchange the fruit bowl for something else, probably something, I might have to have the checker scan twice.

Who's idea, was this waist watchers challenge anyways...

Cook

tex-mark
09-09-02, 01:12 AM
You ain't gonna make it, bro!!!-LMAO

Show me the money!!! :D

8th&I Marine
09-09-02, 02:18 AM
By that chart i am 15 lbs under my max I am 6'6" of lean mean fire fightin machine. but hey i will give yall 5 lbs just to say i could feel better. I am not giving up my beer though. I am also not giving up Bar B Q on Texans home games. haha the dallas cowgirls got beat by the Texans tonight.:banana:

cantrell

Barndog
09-09-02, 03:12 AM
Lessee... In MARCH I hit 334. Thank god for steroids. Couple days after head shaving 307..... Thursday last 282. 0350 a.m. 09 Sept 02 277. Man, I lost weight at Wheatland??????? I suppose so when its 95+ all 4 days and ya sweat all the beer back out. (note to tell Wife not to worry about low-fat foods anymore)

I had a major Coke habit for years (Coca-Cola) Had the other one too, that one has been gone for 13 years or so.
Tellin ya right now - if you drink soda-pop - giving that up is going to make a major difference right away. Even switching to Diet whatever will make a major difference.

GOAL 235 - and Dress Blues (total expected loss 99 lbs) Date..... 01 April 03 - loss to date 30 lbs

I'm kickin all yer arses so far, aint even started PT yet..... (work takes care of that usually) besides.. PT is kind hard when yer back is into a 24/7/365 spasm.
I sure do hope I can ride the bicycle again without injuring the back further. Up until 5 years ago, I rode average of around 3000 miles a year. 3 days a week - a 35-50 mile road ride then at least 2 10-20 mile off road rides, one of which was competitive : cross country mountain bike. Then, I discovered downhill racing LOLOL - on a bicycle...... ever go 70+ on a bike down a ski hill??
Did that at Breckenridge, CO. Nothin' like yer first autorotation......

Pain is weakness leaving the body. Overcome, adapt, adjust.

Semper FI

Barndog

Sophora
09-09-02, 09:05 AM
As I went to step on the bathroom scale this morning, I swear it cringed and tried to back away. OMG 158! :eek: According to the chart I'll need to drop 28 to get to the max for my height, but I'll stick to the 25 I set.

Sparrow, I count chocolate as a veggie, cocoa beans come from plants, and since women need calcium, milk chocolate can be a fruit and dairy :D

Sparrowhawk
09-09-02, 09:28 AM
I don't care what Bones says, I'm a gona do it! :p

Now, Barndog;

Why, he's way ahead of all of us, by a mile.

Let's see... if I got this right

Barndog, went from 334 on March 2002 (total expected loss 99 lbs) present weight 277 ~ GOAL 235 – by .... 01 April 03

Meanwhile he's shows up at a Weatland music festival wearing a skirt and foot stumping on politicans. I just might like this weight lost thingy, no one told me you could lose weight by stumping on politicans.

I wonder how much Barndog would have weight if he had been wearing skivies under that skirt (he calls it a kilt). LMAO

LadyLeatherneck
09-09-02, 09:49 AM
So I had a 1830 appointment with my trainer last night
but he was a no show...go figure. So I said, ah, I'll work
myself out. Ran 2 1/2 miles in just under 30 minutes, which
gave me a total of 260 burned off calories. Hell I'd have to
run forever. Well anyhow so I do my run and then go work
on the abs and then decide to go into the steam room in the
locker room and sweat some fat off..LOL!

So I'm in the steam
room by myself and of course I'm in there with my swim suit
on and I hear someone come in. I kind of coughed just so they'd
know they weren't in there alone and wouldn't end up sitting
on me since you can't see jack sh*t in there. Well this lady
is breathing so hard in there and walking back and forth I'm
thinking "What the heck is her problem?" She's making all kind
of weird noises and I'm like "Okay lady this is not the place to
have an orgasm in, it's not that bad in here that you have to
breath so damn hard." Anyhow so the steam starts coming down
and this whole time I had been sitting there with my head down
to let the water/sweat run off my face when I look up and see
that the lady is somewhat standing infront of me bare naked.
I'm thinking "WT!!!" So I said, "Okay, need to come up with a plan
to get her the hell out of here because she's annoying me." So
I grab my bottle of water and start pouring it into the little machine
that makes the steam start going again. So I tell her "You might
want to get out of the way there because I just poured more
water into the machine and it's going to start spraying really
hot steam and you don't want to burn your legs." So then she
tells me, "Have you been in here for a long time" I said "About
15 minutes." Guess she was having a hard time dealing with the
hot steam. So the steam starts going off again and she starts
walking out the door and I'm in there alone again.

"AAAAHHHH, MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!" :D

P.S. Still weighing in at 172.

mrbsox
09-09-02, 10:11 AM
... I'm only 2 lbs over the max !!!!

At 205 I'm almost in the ballpark. Ohhhh but wait a minute..... this is one test we DON'T won't to max out on .... right.

Still hunting for 20lbs....... it's not so much how much there is, it's where it is. Kinda starting to feel like the CO........ she gripes about how GRAVITY has caused things to DROOP over the years. Yhep.... that's right..... my chest has dropped over the years too. :banana: Even if I don't get the weight down, want to get the chest back up. I think I can do it with excersise.... she want s to spend $3600 to get her's back up........ uhmmmmmmm..... any body gat a side job needs doing :p

See ya on the scales folks........

mrbsox
09-10-02, 08:58 AM
I'm inside the chart.... that's a start (lol ... I'm a poet)

Diet du' jouir: :D

Coffee and a couple of sausage biscuits in the AM, Coffee, Coffee, a moderate lunch, Coffee, (drink plenty of fluids, right :lick:)and for supper...... (drum roll please)
>
>
>
>
Microwave popcorn and Orange juice. Yhea, sounds nasty, but hey, you know them danm Marines..... they'll eat most anything !!!

Got out the Gut buster..... one of them wheel things, knocked the dust off.....

How come when your working on your abs...... your chest hurts :banana: . But Doc got me doing the wheel to recover my ribs, so I'm gonna extend the therapy.

Did Barndog cheat....... starting in MARCH? He's disqualified, and has to FORFIET his part of the loot !!!!!!

See ya on the scales

Terry

Sparrowhawk
09-10-02, 09:30 AM
Okay, okay, before Ladyleatherneck come in here and exposes me..LOL

I might as well confess...lOL

When I went to the doctors their scale said 200 lbs, I complaint to the nurse who ignored me. I said their scales were off but she said they were accurate.

man that scared me, 200 lbs, I didn't like it one bit. I decided right there and then to lose the extra weight. Here's how it all started....

Originally posted by Sparrowhawk
Went to the doctor the other day and stepped onto the scale..

200 lbs, it read.

"It's wrong," I said to the nurse who ignored me.

That's it, I said. No more late night snacks.. I gotta lose some weight.

Who else is up to it?

I say collectively we can lose 1000 lbs, for the good of the Corps!

I need to loose 25 lbs, to get back to 175....

Anyone want to join me in making your own commitment?

I will do it by November 11, 2002 (my birthday)

I will do it by eating differently and working out..

You can make up your own goal or perhaps we can set our own dates and goals here?

Hummm, thinking outloud.....

Well, after I went and bought about a dozen Men's Health magazine, posted the challenge here and began to adjust my eating habits. I told my wife about what the weight scale at the doctors office read.

"Oh, its always off," she said.

It is? How much I asked, afraid I was way overweight, more than the 200 lbs. it had recorded.

About ten pounds, she said, it registeres about ten pounds over.

Go check yourself on the scales in our bathrooms. Well with six women in the household I found out we had two scales. One read 193 and the other 187. I guess it depends on the mood they are in and use that scale.

Well I went out and bought another one. brought it home and took it out of its box. I placed it in the workout room.

Stepped on the scale 200 lbs it read

TO BE CONTINUED.....

Sparrowhawk
09-10-02, 09:42 AM
I went upstairs and with this newfound evidence I went to my wife and said the doctors scales were correct and the scales at home were wrong.

Where's the scale she asked me. In the work out room (remember the clothes closet room in my garage I've been working on?).

You can't weight yourself there she said, its on a carpet. The scale has to be on level ground. So, I went back down and moved the scale to a clean flat surface.

185 it read!
YES! great, I love it. Oh, oh, I had already posted I needed to lose 25 lbs. LOL

So, what do I do?

I poured out my heart (and Soul) to CAS and Ladyleatherneck over lunch yesterday then tried to swear them to secrecy, figured I could tell Bones I lost 25 lbs overnight...LOL

"Sorry, no can do, " said CAS, and Ladyleatherneck.

"You should have asked for the no disclosure committment before you told us." they said.

Sure enough, CAS and I hadn't gotten home before Laura had already posted that all I needed to lose was two lbs on the Lunch with CAS and Sparrowhawk tread.

Women, who can trust them..LMAO

Yep, I am only 2 lbs overweight.

But I still don't feel good, as Laura pointed out, there is a difference between fat weight and muscle weight. Leave it to women to say things like that... LMAO

So, okay, now I have to really work out... shucks.....ROTFLMAO..

Gosh darn wimen, anyways.......

dnelson
09-10-02, 09:51 AM
Just got to say I was finally able to go back into the gym yesterday. Woke up this morning and i was able to get out of bed(not fall out) little pain but thats ok its normal. But talk about out of shape, By 11 Nov I will show marked improvement.

Semper Fi

LadyLeatherneck
09-10-02, 12:38 PM
I'M SO PROUD OF YOU!!
I knew you'd come foward and have some intregity and tell
the TRUTH...LOL!! All you needed was a little SHOVE!!! :D

Nelson, glad to hear the pain is less. Stay motivated,
WE CAN DO IT, YES WE CAN!!! :banana:

Barndog
09-10-02, 01:38 PM
Gym? I don't need no stinking gym. Whad ya do...... DRIVE THERE????? My gym consists of 6, 8, 24 and 32' ladders, shingles, lumber, drywall, paint, etc etc etc. Crawling in and out of the (sweatbox) back of my truck stuffed fulla tools and material, then climbing up and down all day. Then ya gots people who say - 'well painting aint that hard'..... sure : try painting a 1200 square foot house in an 8 hour day. Including ceilings. Guarantee you'll sweat in A/C. No, I don't spray either.

Today 281.

Semper FI

Barndog

p.s. : MOST days it hurts to get out of bed..... FYI LadyLeatherneck................... okay 363 out of 365 hows that...

mikemac64
09-10-02, 05:07 PM
As a cop, I am still strong, and can hold my own (as I proved last night while wrestling a drunk while working at New Gillette Stadium while my NE Patriots whipped the Steelers again). I still run 8 minute miles and run many races each year (8-10), and last year did a triathlon.

But I have a developed more of a paunch over the last 12 months, and the 15 pounds I am normally overweight has shifted right to a spare tire. So count me in for 15 pounds in Massachusetts.

Sparrowhawk
09-10-02, 05:09 PM
Wait a minute.

The doctor told me I weigh 200 lbs, I believed him.

Then I got on a different scale and Im only 185, so I lost 15 lbs...right?

dnelson
09-10-02, 06:06 PM
Local Paper put in a recipe for a lean Jambalaya. Well its simmering right now, should be enough to last for at least a week. Says it makes 6 servings but my pot is really full. only supposed to have 340 Calories per serving. Not even cutting the flavor out great.

Sparrowhawk
09-10-02, 06:22 PM
it ain't right I tell you, it just ain't right!

<hr>
From Mensfitness Magazine

BROWN-BAG A LEAN MEAL
Packing a lunch will save you time, unwanted pounds and valuable dollars
By Darrin Miller

http://www.mensfitness.com/mens/images/also/mens082002_42a_a.jpg Photography by Pornchai Mittongtare

If you think a sack lunch and a pocket protector go hand in hand, you may need to let your seventh-grade mentality out for some air. Homemade lunches aren't just for penny-pinching geeks looking to get some time alone with their new Star Trek novel. Packing your own meals saves calories and money and only takes a few minutes. It may seem easier to dash out to grab a quick bite each afternoon, but that will run you roughly eight bucks a day (sans beverage). When you brown-bag it, you can spend less than $5 a day, and you'll most likely get more— and certainly more healthful—food for your trouble.

Turkey Platter Comfort food doesn't come any easier than this Thanksgiving standby, now available year-round thanks to such chains as Boston Market and Koo Koo Roo. However, depending on your protein, carb and vegetable choices, you can unwittingly rack up 30 more grams of fat than you need.

How to make it: Arrange four ounces of thick-sliced delicatessen turkey breast, a 15-ounce can of yams and one cup of green beans (fresh, frozen or canned) in a microwaveable dish. The next day, heat the plate in the microwave for two or three minutes.
Totals: 446 calories, 1g fat, 72g carbs, 37g protein, 10g dietary fiber
Cost: $3.71

Savings: 214 calories, 30g fat, $2.58 (Compared to a similar lunch of turkey breast, sweet-potato casserole, green beans and cornbread at Boston Market.)

wrbones
09-10-02, 06:34 PM
I've seen five year olds cover their butts better! LMAO!!!

So.

When ya startin' the bends and thrusts?

Step away from the burrito.....

Sparrowhawk
09-10-02, 06:44 PM
Yesterdays, meal was all CAS and Ladyleathernecks fault. They made me go with them to a Mexican Restaurant!

They knew I was on a diet!, women you can't trust them.

http://images.ucomics.com/comics/ch/1991/ch910906.gif

mrbsox
09-10-02, 08:11 PM
... dieting on C RATS :p

I don't remember any excess poundage from eating them things.

:banana: :banana:

Inside the weight chart, 'pecs' starting to ache from the Ab wheel. Down to half pack a day....

Wish me luck.

gemntx
09-11-02, 08:59 AM
was this?
I ran for the first time in several years last night. Now the city has put up RR crossing signs at the streets where I was running. Actually it's like running only slower and there's no style points being awarded to anyone. I'll hit (go to, use, attend or flop) the gym this evening. I need to get to where I can check my belt without the use of a mirror. I'm sure this is good for us, but someone has to share the misery while we go through it.

Good Luck to all!:tired:

LadyLeatherneck
09-11-02, 10:27 AM
I need to get to where I can check my belt without the use of a mirror.

THAT WAS JUST TOO FUNNY SIR!!! :D

Sparrowhawk
09-11-02, 01:23 PM
Just got off the scale.

Down to 181 Lbs

Lost 4-6 pounds........ for sure.

7 lbs if I use the upstairs bathroom scale. LOL

The new scale that I bought for this adventure shows me at 181

<hr>

So far all I've done is some hiking, walking, eating less during meals and knocked out all in-between snack or I will limit myself to one or two small bites of a snack.

Just enough to satisfied the urging to bite into a snack, then I stop myself.

Three – four times I had a knock-out, drag-out fight with my hands who were trying to shove that food into my mouth…LOL.

Sparrowhawk
09-11-02, 01:39 PM
To lose, lose the weight by November 10, 2002
The Marine Corps Birthday

SPARROWHAWK.......... to lose 25 lbs present 185 goal 175

DNELSON .......... to lose 20 lbs present 217 goal 200

LADYLEATHERNECK ………. To lose <strike>10</strike>15 lbs

TOP1371 ………. To lose 15

Sophora ………. To Lose 25

8th&I MARINE ………. To Lose 5 Lbs

MIKEMAC64 ………. To Lose 15 Lbs

Barndog, ………. To Lose 42 Lbs by April 01, 03

dnelson
09-11-02, 08:19 PM
While at the gym today I thought I had better get a weight on their scale. As that will be the one I weigh in on. As of today 217 with a goal of at least 200. VA scale had me at 220 so I should have lost 3 pounds.
Should have stayed with the workouts when I retired. These seem to be good for me. I do not dread going in, actually look forward to going in. Plus this is a coed gym, sights are not bad and it makes it so you will have a hard time wimping out. Great motivation.

Semper Fi

LadyLeatherneck
09-12-02, 11:12 AM
Get the scale, paper and ink stick ready... <br />
we have some Marines checking in for weigh-in soon that <br />
are up for the Gut Busting challenge. <br />
<br />
We might make the 1000lbs after all :D :D <br />
<br />
Ooh-Rah...

psycho0331
09-12-02, 11:20 AM
I am embarrassed to say that in the last twelve years this jarhead's physical state has become unstat! I'm at 290 :no: and would like to get down to a much healthier weight.

Get Some!
Psycho0331

LadyLeatherneck
09-12-02, 11:27 AM
How many lbs do you want us to write you down
for Hermano? 20, 30, 40, 50?! :evilgrin: Remember
try and set a goal you can meet by November 10th.

gruntsdotnet
09-12-02, 11:31 AM
Except I've been working on my problem. A little birdie, a hard-charging birdie that is, told me about your merry little band of ever-shrinking Marines.

Hi. My name is John and I'm a fatbody.

Last November, I went to the doctor. I weighed in at 378. My doctor told me "Lose weight or I'm going to blow your brains out and save you the trouble of killing yourself slowly."

I'm pretty sure she meant it too.

I drastically changed my diet and started walking. A LOT of walking. I bought a little pedometer so I could measure how far I walked. I kept a log on the wall and set weekly goals. It also gave me a nice excuse to spend more time with my wife as we walked around our neighborhood.

A few months ago I hit my first goal. I was finally able to weigh myself on a bathroom scale. I went from 378 to 329 in about 7 months. I was able to fit into a nice blue suit that I own and hadn't been able to wear in years. (A civilian blue suit, I have a LOOOOOONG way to go before I can fit into my Blues)

About the same time, I started swimming laps at my University gym. I go about 3 times a week and I usually swim about 500 to 750 meters each time. This is in addition to my walking.

I was stuck at around 325 for a while. I knew I was losing fat but I was also adding lean muscle. I got down to a size 50 waist. I also bought a bicycle and started riding around the neghborhood for short errands and such.

Today, I hit another milestone. I rode my bike to school this morning. Its about 10 miles one way. I ride east to the lake, and then south along the lakefront which is a MUCH nicer ride in addition to being very scenic what with the hordes of women also exercising along the lake.;) I also finally broke 320 weighing in when I got to the gym at 319.

My next goal is to be below 300 for Thanksgiving. When I get there, I promised my wife that we'll order a pizza to celebrate. I haven't had pizza in so long and she won't eat or bring junk food in the house out of respect for my diet. She's dying to order a pizza and I can declare a diet amnesty for one evening.

After that goal is reached, I want to be 250 for my birthday in mid March.

So that's my story. One of the things I learned early on and has served me well.

IMPROVEMENT, not perfection

If you say I'm going to the gym 5 days a week but only go twice, you've failed to meet your goal. If you set more realistic goals with the intention of upping them, you're going to be much more successful. Always work on improving your goals and yourself.

Semper Fi,

John

psycho0331
09-12-02, 11:32 AM
for 25 by the Corps' Birthday.

Semper Gumbi:banana:
Loco0331

Sparrowhawk
09-12-02, 11:43 AM
Those signed up to lose, the weight by November 10, 2002

LADYLEATHERNECK ………. To lose 1015 lbs

TOP1371 ………. To lose 15

Sophora ………. To Lose 25

PSYCHO0331 ………. To Lose -------- 25

<hr>
Other goals set

Gruntsdotnet ………. To Lose 19 lbs by Thanksgiving present 319 goal 300
After that goal is reached. 250 birthday in mid March 2003.

Sparrowhawk
09-12-02, 12:02 PM
I knew I should have bought a better-priced scale than the one I bought at the blue light special at K-Mart.

Now this thing has added 1 lb to my weight. What's up with that?

I swear it’s not right. Humm, where was last night's "Fire Watch," who messed with the scale?

I'm gona find out who changed scales on me, I swear. Its suppose to be going down not up.

Let’s see what I ate yesterday.

For Breakfast
1 can of fruit cocktail, okay so I threw in some coconut sprinkles.

Lunch was a bit hungry, been too active, so I had two See's candies (but they were small). 1oz. Of California cheese, cheese from California comes from Happy Cows; the cheese from Wisconsin comes from Cows that sometimes are miserable because of snow.

Evening meal
1 casadia, filled with Carne Asada, cheese, lettuce, pico-de-galo sauce, half an avocado (passion fruit, helps me with the women), wrapped in a flour tortilla.

Oh, just remembered, daughter wanted to split a Casadia, hummm...

Still that scale isn’t right I tells you, it aint right. Maybe if I remove the paint on it, it will weight less.....

LadyLeatherneck
09-12-02, 12:48 PM
Hey hard charger :D Welcome aboard and Ooh-Freakin-Rah <br />
on your story. Outstanding Marine! Keep up the good work <br />
and we'll be dragging/pushing each other up the hill on this <br />
great adventure. <br />

dnelson
09-12-02, 01:40 PM
If you have that much to lose, how much do you weigh?:yes: :banana:

LadyLeatherneck
09-12-02, 01:50 PM
Yeah that's what I'm wondering Nelson.
Sounds like a freakin elephant to me..LOL! :D

Sparrowhawk
09-12-02, 03:31 PM
Those signed up to lose, the weight by November 10, 2002

LADYLEATHERNECK ………. To lose <strike>10</strike> 20 lbs LMAO

TOP1371 ………. To lose 15

Sophora ………. To Lose 25

Gruntsdotnet ………. To Lose 19 lbs by Thanksgiving present 319 goal 300

_____... ____________

Great NEWS =

mrbsox Down to _ to half pack of cigarettes a day.

Norton1
09-12-02, 03:52 PM
CplHardcharger sent me - could be good or not so good :D <br />
<br />
I'm at 205 after a long push from 222 down. My goal is to get to 185 - I don't think it will happen by 10 November - but will certainly...

Brookers
09-12-02, 04:23 PM
Heard about this on Military.com, and I thought I would see if I could join the challenge. I am not a Marine, but I am hoping to earn the title by next summer. As of February, I was knocking on the door of 280 pounds. I decided to get my act together and start working on it...ASAP. Right now, thanks to re-learning how to eat, and time at the gym...I am at 218 pounds. My goal is 170 pounds and I will be there on my 27th birthday 3 February 2003. As for this challenge, I will be at 198 by 10 Nov 2002.
Good luck to everyone!
Brookers

CAS3
09-12-02, 04:45 PM
Never knew how much weight I could gain from fast food, snacks and no exercise. (DRIVING NAKED SHOULD BE A SPORT)

When I was at Cooks, I weighed myself and DAMN was I surprised.

I am 5'6 and according to his demonic scale I weigh 155.

I want to loose 20 by the Birthday!
So Cook, keep us posted on this group!

Sparrowhawk
09-12-02, 04:50 PM
my wife asked me who's white butterfly thongs were left by that scale?

I'll e-mail them back to you...lol

Better yet, maybe we can make a prize out of them... LMAO

http://lingeriecorner.safeshopper.com/images/b315hczt.jpg

LadyLeatherneck
09-12-02, 09:32 PM
Norton glad to see you made your way over here <br />
safely and willing to take the challenge of stepping <br />
up on the scale....OOH-RAH HardCharger! :D <br />
<br />
Brookers, hello and welcome aboard! <br />
<br />
LL (aka...

MillRatUSMC
09-12-02, 10:20 PM
Well, there's several;
First you must burn more calories than you consume.
Say you eat about 300 calories.
That will require that you exercise enough to burn those calories and a little extra to lose some weight.
So you would need to exercise enough to burn 350 calories.
You can take it all off at once.
Watch what you eat.
You can eat the same things.
You been eating but eat less or less calories.
After your meals if possible do a little walking.
That does several things, aids in digesting the food and burns some calories.
When I was going to school before I retired from my line of work;welding.
We used to eat several sweet rolls for brain food.
Well all that did, was to enlarge the spare tire.
I exercise 5-6 days a week but I would be better off exercising 3 days a week, that gives the muscles time to enlarge and recover.
But after loosing all that weight, would hate for it to reappear.
Than the holidays are close at hand, will have to make some adjustments this year.
SparrowHawk, hermano...you have to cut down on those quesidas, maybe by 3/4 cut in 4th's than have someone else take 3/4.
Just like boot camp...1/2 rations or less...to lose the weight or get ready to pay the big bucks.
Than those Kreme Donuts...a NO,NO mucho calories.
Say 3000 calories or more...3500 calories worth of exercising to insure no weight gained.
Weight loss at our age is safe way of insurance against a heart attack.
We should try to cross train and alter our way of working out if possible because the body learns to adjust to our workout.
That why i'm using the strider instead of the treadmill in the fitness center.
Think postive as that California dude said in "PLatoon"

Semper Fidelis
Ricardo

MillRatUSMC
09-12-02, 10:22 PM
Sorry, for the error...

Semper Fidelis
Ricardo

gruntsdotnet
09-13-02, 07:37 AM
There's a book you should buy called "Restaurant Confidential"

Its by a couple of scientists and dieticians who went to all of the most popular restaurants and chain fast food places and analyzed everything on the menus for calories, fat, saturated fat, and sodium.

You would be surprised what they found

gemntx
09-13-02, 07:51 AM
:mad: I was ambushed last night! I think I will survive, but the cause was not helped. I was taken (in a moment of weakness) to a Mexican Buffet. Somewhere I remember that "buffet" is French for "eat everything that is set out".:eek: I was doing good until the evil one waved tacos, enchiladas, tamales, etc. in front of me. They even went so low as to pay my way."surprised I was going to the gym, lifting weights, running doing time on the treadmill and bike and had actually started to see some progress (2.5 lbs.). Alright, time to regroup, develop a new COA this time with contigency plans and a counterattack plan. Note to self: "Watch what you're eating" does not mean tracking it from the plate to your mouth.

SgtMaj, Form the troops!

Glenn

Sparrowhawk
09-13-02, 07:52 AM
Those signed up to lose, the weight by November 10, 2002 The Marine Corps Birthday

LADYLEATHERNECK ………. To lose 15 lbs LMAO

TOP1371 ………. To lose 15

Sophora ………. To Lose 25

NORTON1 ………. Present 205 to lose 20 lbs

Brookers ………. Present 218 to Lose 20 lbs
Goal is 170 pounds by birthday 3 February 2003.

BARNDOG ………. To Lose 42 Lbs by April 01, 03

GRUNTSDOTNET ………. To Lose 19 lbs by Thanksgiving present 319 goal 300

CAS ………. To Lose 20 lbs by August 19, 03

TOTAL 321 LBS TO BE LOST FOR THE GOOD OF THE CORPS! HOOORAAAAAAAh! :banana:

mrbsox
09-13-02, 08:08 AM
... to a different habit..... OK, habits !!

Kinda stalling at 202 on the scales, but think a good head call will make some difference :D

Still half pack (this is the hard part)... thanks for the encouragement. Setting in from of 'puter all day gets BORING, as some of you know. I used to keep a BOX of peanutbutter crackers in my desk to help curb the smoke urge..... their gone too.

Standard question at home is 'what's for supper'........ anybody else hear that one ?????? Everybody is getting used to 'popcorn and Orange Juice' from me..... but nobody wants me to share. :cry:

Hanging in there.... got a cold bug or something, sneezed real hard, re-spasamed my back, so I've laid low on the ab wheel a couple of days. Gonna start again today.

Another Motivation to get the waist down.... wife wants to go shooting, so I broke out the holster belts..... had to adjust one. Just another sign. Used to wear MedLong cammie trousers... now in LgLong...

Ya'll hang tough with me here......

Get Some.....

PT....

Good for you....

Hell on me :banana:

Terry

MillRatUSMC
09-13-02, 08:49 AM
http://a753.g.akamai.net/7/753/1125/e261dc5b5d2039/www.menshealth.com/images2/oct02.jpg

If the above works you should see a current active Marine.

Inside the magazine, they have photos of the "Daily 16" but they're not labeled as the "Daily 16".

I'm not count calories but I do keep in mind to exercise more if I eat something of a high calorie content.

There's books that have the calorie content of all the foods in the fast food resturants.

I'm not a slave to this working out, but I'm more aware of fats, sugars in foods.

We can't do away with all the fats because the body needs some fat.

We have to enjoy life, or a better quality of life.

Also carrying less weight take some strain off your heart and allows more blood to reach the brain housing.

Semper Fidelis
Ricardo

LadyLeatherneck
09-13-02, 09:58 AM
I'm totally enjoying reading everyone's update.

I was ambushed last night! I think I will survive, but the cause was not helped. I was taken (in a moment of weakness) to a Mexican Buffet.

Sir, you're cracking me up. Yup, mexican food will make about anybody break down. Stay focused Sir :D You can do it!

I on the other hand of course have no room to be talking since I had an In-n-Out burger at 12:00 midnight last night :eek: I'll be paying this weekend. My chub chub @$$ will be in the gym tomorrrow AND Sunday working off that burger.

Stay Motivated Marines!!! Si se puede!!! EEERRRRRRRRRRR

USMC0311
09-13-02, 11:27 AM
This might be of sum help for calorie counters.
http://www.ntwrks.com/~mikev/
good Luck. Thin iz in, but fat iz where its at.
water and exercise
starches, fiber, Magnesium, Potassium and Calcium should be in a regular diet.
Semper Fi, Marines...ain't nuthin to it but to "Do It"
If ya have a problem with the link, e-mail me and i will send it to you. It seems to take a long time to load on this site

dnelson
09-13-02, 09:00 PM
Ok just have to gloat a little. Haven't really changed my eating habits but am still losing. This is with having two corndogs on the way to the gym plus large soda and popcorn(Butter Flavor) while at the movies earlier in the day. 215 as of today 15 to go. Problem droping faster than I wanted to. Planned on 2-2 1/2 pounds a week to get my 200 by 10 Nov.

Semper Fi

Sparrowhawk
09-13-02, 10:25 PM
Had a bowl of corn flakes this morning, read somwhere its important to eat breakfast so I did that.

For lunch had a strawberry blizzard...LOL

weight 184, and I'm wondering what's up with that.

Got ready to go out to dinner and check my weight down to 179... WOW

so I ate a small dinner 1/3 of what I normally eat, but did have a good work out today... moved boxes and did a lot of heavy lifting for most of the day.

Tomorrow will be busy, so I'll see what that scale says.....

Don't understand why it went up three lbs all of a sudden, musta been one of those weird gravity pulls we sometimes have in California...

Sparrowhawk
09-15-02, 11:07 AM
Had tri-tip steak last night, corn and salad, and 6 beers, had to watch the fight with neighbors, last night and beer drinking is required during Boxing matches. LOL

This next week begins my work-out training program.

Then watch out the war on fat begins.

Fat days are numbered...LOL

CAS3
09-15-02, 04:55 PM
Cook, I thought I was suppposed to lose it all by the MARINE CORPS birthday???

15 to go..........

I may beat you all!:banana:

MillRatUSMC
09-16-02, 07:19 AM
Below is a chart for men's waists and any increase in that waist size from the average the increase in the risk of the heart attack.

http://millrat-99.net/waist.jpg

If that works it will show a copy of the original in Men's Health magazine.
Had to do this way because I couldn't find that chart in Men's Health Magazine.
Maybe some place on the web, there might be a chart on women waist's sizes.
Will be researching that.

Semper Fidelis
Ricardo

LadyLeatherneck
09-16-02, 10:53 AM
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK HARDCHARGERS!!! <br />
I'll be weighing myself in on Friday so I'll let you know <br />
what, if anything, I've accomplished. :D <br />
<br />
OOH-RAH!

Brookers
09-16-02, 11:53 AM
Well, I just wanted to see how everyone did this weekend, I was extremely busy and had no opportunity to cheat (not sure on if that is a good or bad thing). I didn't lose any weight, but I ran my first 10k race this weekend (called the Muddy Buddy..www.muddybuddy.com). It was a combanation of biking and running with obstacles along the way. It was a blast and I highly recommend it to anyone.
Good Luck to everyone!
Brookers

Sparrowhawk
09-17-02, 02:30 PM
http://a753.g.akamai.net/7/753/1125/fbac9fc8ea38c6/www.mhmillion.com/images/nogut.jpg

What Mill-rat posted about waist size, got me to thinking...

Something to check out

http://www.mhmillion.com/US/no_gut_all_glory.shtml

Sparrowhawk
09-17-02, 05:12 PM
and buying some health (lol) pills....

hey, I am down to 178 lbs... yahooo!

<hr>

http://a799.ms.akamai.net/3/799/388/62d73b092bfcb2/www.msnbc.com/news/1629705.jpg

Most weight-loss ads too good to be true, report shows

FTC warns consumers
against deceptive claims

By Julia Sommerfeld
MSNBC

Sept. 17 — The world of weight-loss advertising is a fraudulent fantasy land where pounds “melt away,” no diet or exercise is required and “miracle” substances like apple pectin and lobster shells seek and destroy enemy fat, according to a new report issued Tuesday by the Federal Trade Commission.

THE AGENCY warns that the use of deceptive and misleading claims in weight-loss advertising is rampant. Nearly 40 percent of ads in a study by FTC regulators contained claims that were almost certainly false on their face, such as “You can lose 18 pounds in one week.”
Plus, 55 percent of ads made claims that were very likely to be false or lacked any proof.
And this type of advertising appears to be on the rise, despite increased law enforcement efforts by the agency.
“Consumers are being ripped off by products that don’t perform as promised,” said FTC Chairman Timothy J. Muris. “The only thing these quick fixes leave lighter is their wallets.”
About 6 in 10 Americans are overweight or obese. U.S. consumers desperate to shed the extra pounds spend more than $30 billion per year on weight-loss products and services.
The FTC analyzed 300 advertisements for weight-loss products that appeared on television, radio, magazines, newspapers, tabloids, direct mail, e-mail solicitations and Web sites during 2001. The agency also compared ads from eight major national magazines appearing in 1992 to those a decade later.

MORE ADS, CRAZIER CLAIMS
Researchers found that the number of weight-loss ads appearing in mainstream magazines such as Redbook and Cosmopolitan more than doubled between 1992 and 2001. The claims also were more over the top in the most recent issues.

The study also noted the types of products advertised shifted from primarily meal-replacement programs to dietary supplements. This raises concerns because supplements are generally marketed with claims that reducing calories or increasing exercise is unnecessary and there is no scientific evidence that any over-the-counter pill causes substantial, sustained weight loss.
Though the safety of weight-loss products is not within the purview of the FTC’s report, Adam Drewnowski, director of the nutrition sciences program at the University of Washington in Seattle, is concerned about the potential health risks.
While he notes that most of these supplements are essentially sugar or caffeine pills, others contain ingredients, such as the herbal stimulant ephedra, that may cause severe damage.
The popular herb is currently being investigated for serious safety concerns, including a possible link to heart attacks and strokes.

The report found that the majority of the 2001 ads promised substantial and rapid weight loss without diet or exercise. Boasted one such ad: “I lost 54 pounds without dieting or medication in less than six weeks!”
Other claims falling into the too-good-to-be true category: Users can lose weight while eating more food; supplements can block absorption of fat; and products can cause weight loss in selective parts of the body.

‘NO QUICK FIXES’
“It is important for consumers to understand there are no quick fixes, that is the message here — there are no quick fixes to weight loss,” said U.S. Surgeon General Richard Carmona.
The researchers did not test specific claims but the report said “many of the claims we reviewed are so contrary to existing scientific evidence, or so clearly unsupported by the available evidence, that there is little doubt that they are false or deceptive.”

People taken in by these claims lose not just by wasting money, their health also suffers because they remain overweight, the report said.
Consumers were urged to apply more skepticism to “magic bullet” promises. “Now more than ever consumers need to be educated on nutrition by a reputable source,” said Lola O’Rourke, a Seattle-based spokesperson for the American Dietetic Association.
But, surely, don’t we all know there is no magic bullet? “The rational part of people’s brains gets turned off when they hear what they want to hear,” O’Rourke said.
The report also calls on on media outlets to screen out blatantly fraudulent weight-loss advertising.

“Government agencies and self-regulatory groups can step in once the ad has been disseminated to an unwary public, but only the media can stop false ads before they are disseminated,” the report said.
The study was conducted with the Partnership for Healthy Weight Management, a coalition of government, weight-loss companies and scientists that promote healthy, sensible weight-loss methods.
The FTC also announced Tuesday that they have filed action against the Canadian maker of the apple-pectin product Quick Slim, which promises weight loss of two pounds a day without diet or exercise.

LadyLeatherneck
09-17-02, 08:53 PM
Cook are you starving yourself or lying to us.
How the heck can you be dropping so much
weight so fast?!!! Oh I know, you went number
2 huh?....ROTFLMAO!!! :evilgrin:

Sparrowhawk
09-17-02, 10:14 PM
:banana: SEX! :banana:

Sparrowhawk
09-18-02, 07:21 AM
for new beginners to exercise in the area of enjoyment. That way you don't get bored and give up. Then they listed several items where you can burn from 250-300 calories such as running, walking and in sex. I chose sex, on account I had a good lady trainer in that area some time ago. LOL

Also been cutting down a lot on my eating habits.. no snacks, or Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.

<hr>

It's also what the doctored ordered:

In Men's Health September 2002 issue:
Many urologist recommend that neb have sex a minimum of two or three times a week for optimal health. “More frequent is certainly not going to hurt,” said, Mark Goldstein, M.D., director of the center for male reproductive medicine at Cornell Medical Center.
“Prolonged periods of abstinence can lead to chronic congestion and congestive prostatitis.”
Also, the magic three ( Sparrowhawk recommends more) a week correlated to a 50 percent cut in the chances of having a stroke or heart attack.

Sparrowhawk
09-19-02, 07:08 AM
Those signed up to lose, the weight by November 10, 2002 The Marine Corps Birthday

TOP1371 ………. To lose 15

Sophora ………. To Lose 25

NORTON1 ………. Present 205 to lose 20 lbs

CAS ………. To Lose 20 lbs

http://www.z31.com/images/new.gif BARboy04 ………. To lose 25 lbs

TOTAL 346 LBS TO BE LOST FOR THE GOOD OF THE CORPS! HOOORAAAAAAAh! :banana:

Norton1
09-19-02, 12:53 PM
Well I haven't gained any - but I've not lost either. I'm working out 30 minutes a day and watching my intake, well Janet is certainly supportive and watching, so hopefully my body will figure out that it needs to shed a bit. I'm going to do a weigh in on Monday and will post the results.

gemntx
09-19-02, 01:23 PM
Just got back from Philadelphia last night. Before I left, I was down 2.5 lbs. Luckily, I've come back at the same weight. Dodged a bullet there. It's back to the gym and running/walking. Okay, it's like running only slower and a whole lot noisier (similiar to a loaded freight train going uphill). I'll be going to a Police auction this weekend, looking for a bike at a bargain price. Ah yes, technology. What a wonderful thing it is.

Time to start a new set of push aways.

Stay focused.

Glenn

Norton1
09-23-02, 10:22 AM
I just weighed in at 199. Lowest I've been in years! So all of the exercise and diet is working at last. Renewed my faith as I was feeling like I was going downhill instead of up -

Thanks for the motivation -

Sparrowhawk
09-23-02, 10:42 AM
'WAIST' Away Hole in the Wall Gang

~ Updated

http://www.gif-gallery.de/gif-world/logo/hand.gifSPARROWHAWK.......... to lose 25 lbs present 179 lost 6 lbs (new goal) 165

TOP1371 ………. To lose 15

Sophora ………. To Lose 25

http://www.gif-gallery.de/gif-world/logo/hand.gifNORTON1 ………. Present 199 (lost 6 lbs) to lose 14 lbs more

CAS ………. To Lose 20 lbs

http://www.z31.com/images/new.gif BARboy04 ………. To lose 25 lbs

TOTAL 346 LBS TO BE LOST FOR THE GOOD OF THE CORPS! HOOORAAAAAAAh!

gruntsdotnet
09-23-02, 10:48 AM
Well, I haven't made much progress with the weight, but another milestone was reached yesterday.

I bought a pair of size 48 jeans.

I haven't been able to wear a pair of jeans that started with a 4 in about 6 or 7 years.

I saw my doctor on Thursday last week. He told me that the weight will probably drop off more slowly for a while since I am replacing fat with muscle. When I was there I was 317. I still have about 8 weeks to make 300.

I'm going to make it.

USMC0311
09-23-02, 11:07 AM
Suggestion

lotsa water..u'll **** it out any way.

vitimins..they will supplement the lack on vitamins your body has been accustomed to from other foods that you might be sitting aside while ye tryin to lose weight.

exerisize..ain't gonna lose much lessin U burn it off.

check out the medications you are taking, they might be contributing to weight gain.

if you are taking VA meds..check them out also, most of them are notorious for weight gain.

Semper Fi, Marines

Good luck! I'm down to 181. from 201 a year ago and I plan on being 175 by 6 Nov. 2002.

CAS3
09-23-02, 11:22 AM
Ok Here it is:
Since I cam e back from the honeymoon, I have lost 10 pounds. Bought a new scale yesterday and kept checking it. It seems to be correct.
145...down from 155.

10 to go!!

P.S. VA drugs are what is helping me!!

No extra cirricular (wink,wink) activities.

I have been laying off the chocolate too.
Yup I am going insane in the process.

USMC0311
09-23-02, 12:33 PM
Hey Sis...I'm talking bout VA meds prescribed by Shrinks for PTSD guys.. VA had me in a program for four years last round or drugs ....pre Sept. 24 2001 helped me gain over 30 pounds in less than a year and by the VA Hospital admission.."we don't have weight limitations for Vets taking medications for PTSD".. thank You for bringing my error to my attention Colleen.

Semper Fi, Sis

8th&I Marine
09-23-02, 12:43 PM
holy hell I just got back from hunting dove in south TEXAS and i gained 10 lbs. What the hell is up with that. All we did was eat, drink (the real good stuff), and shoot guns( marines favorite thing). So it looks like I am at fifteen lbs now.

cantrell

Sparrowhawk
09-29-02, 05:59 PM
When she realized she had gained 24 lbs instead of having lost 4.

http://www.msnbc.com/c/0/108/748/10x7/twip_2002_0926_14.jpg

USMCMex
09-29-02, 08:25 PM
Hey Devildogs you can put me down for 20lbs. just have to cut the snacks at night and replace it with pt, you know what I mean.:banana:

dnelson
09-29-02, 08:35 PM
Well still stuck at 215. But my 38" trousers are starting to fit in the waste again. But because of the weight lifting they are tight in the thighs. Crunches are helping, just need to lose that layer of fat to see the definition. But am enjoying going to the gym.

gruntsdotnet
09-30-02, 01:44 PM
An unexpected problem from the weight loss.

The other morning I got up and went to work on my computer checking to see what I had scheduled that day. As I was typing an e-mail, my hand felt weird. I discovered that my wedding ring was gone!

I've lost so much weight that my ring was too loose. I knew it was a little loose but it had never fallen off. I found it on the bed. It fell off while I was asleep.

So this weekend I took it in to get sized. Went from a 13 down to a 12.

MillRatUSMC
10-01-02, 10:13 PM
http://www.netfit.co.uk/tip99.htm

Found these interesting Health and Fitness Tips on the web.
They're from the UK.
So they might be a little more liberal on sex content.
Some make a great deal of sense; get rid of your weight scales.
It's more on how you want to look and feel.

Semper Fidelis
Ricardo

firstsgtmike
10-02-02, 12:25 AM
No problem with those who want to get into shape. As long as it is understood that round IS a shape.

Semper Fi

Sparrowhawk
10-02-02, 09:38 AM
Yep, down to 178-179, can't seem to get below that for now.

Do you think maybe I should start exercising?

LOL

Norton1
10-07-02, 12:27 PM
I weighed in the following week from my "199" and discovered that I had not set the scale - so I hadn't lost a thing. Then I went to my VA appt last week and they said 207. So I weighed today and am at 206. The odd thing is my pants fit better and you can see my belt buckle! Guess this working out each day is paying dividends - just not in the weight loss end of things.

My Sweetie says I'm "lookin' good" so will go with that and keep on my diet of lots of veggies, my Dad called them "rabbit food", and exercise. I'm sure glad someone said that "round is a shape!" I'm not round - but certinaly not a V-size either!!! Thanks for the motivator space.

dnelson
10-09-02, 11:15 AM
I would guess from the replies we have had so far, that you are all doing just like me. Little to no loss. The scales I check on has me at 218-219 which shows about a 1-2 lb loss.
Now to the good news I may not be lossing but I am feeling better. Since my weight is still up I use the incline bike at the gym(Put less stress on the knees) 28 minutes to warm up. Then do a weight routine. Leg curls, leg extensions, Peck deck, Incline press, Wide grip Lat pulls, Narrow grip Lat pulls. Shoulder press, Tricep and bicep press, and lastly standing calf raises. Then anohter 28 minitues on the bike. If I get down in weight I will go to the treadmil or run but not till I break below 200. I do this three time a week. I may just start riding my mountain bike on my off days.
As a side note, I decided to clear out all of my cloths just to see what I had, took everything to the laundrymat so it would be faster. Washed and dried them. Well while I was folding everthing I came across a tshirt that just could not be mine. I actually looked like a kids t-shirt next to my larges now. Well when I flipped it over it was my t-shirt from SNCO academy 2-86. If I was that small and they were hounding me because I was to close to being overweight what would they do know.

Norton1
10-15-02, 12:37 PM
Well I remembered to zero the scale and am back to go at 205. But my pants fit better and I feel better. So am continuing the march - I'll never make the weight by the Birthday but will take what I can get at this age!!

gruntsdotnet
10-15-02, 01:05 PM
I've finally broken through. I have been hovering around 320 for about 2 weeks now. No matter what I did, I couldn't break through.

This morning the scale read 315. Progress again at last.

Sparrowhawk
10-15-02, 01:31 PM
gruntsdotnet that's Good news, to me, gives me hope.

I've been at 179 now for two weeks and haven't moved one way or the other... so maybe any day now, things will improve. Do you think it may help if I did any excercise...LOL

House Mouse
10-21-02, 08:12 PM
The House Mouse, don't need to lose weight....

dnelson
10-21-02, 08:17 PM
Stuck at 218

House Mouse
10-21-02, 08:26 PM
http://www.msnbc.com/comics/comics/nq020926.gif

House Mouse
10-21-02, 08:55 PM
http://a876.g.akamai.net/7/876/1448/v00148/images.webmd.com/msn/images/article_dnn.jpg

You don't have to completely give up the convenience of fast food to lose weight.

By Jeanie Davis
Reviewed By Charlotte Grayson, MD
WebMD Feature

The school year's started, and everyone's headed in different directions. We'll grab fried chicken after football practice, a burrito before tennis, hot dogs during the game, a burger and fries -- maybe pizza -- on the way home. Could we make it through the week without fast food?

Walk into your favorite fast-food joint, and "that smell of salt and fat in the air is almost irresistible," says Joan Carter, RD, a nutrition instructor at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston.

"I love french fries," says Cynthia Sass, RD, a senior dietitian at the University of South Florida. "You can't ask someone to give them up for life. It's just not realistic."

Let's face it, fast food is part of our busy lives -- even for those who make nutrition their career. It's a challenge trying to avoid the convenience. Should we be trying harder?

Facing the Challenge

In fact, no fast-food splurge blows your diet. "What counts is what you eat in a day or over a few days," says Sass, a spokeswoman for the American Dietetic Association (ADA).

"Nutrition is not all or nothing; it's about balance," she adds.

The typical fast food meal: sandwich, fries, and soda. But you can balance it by:

choosing small fries and water -- nixing the supersized meal. Also, nuggets or grilled chicken are a good substitute for a burger. And toss the bun -- you don't need it.
detouring to the grocery store after the fast-food stop. Prewashed fruit and veggies are a high-convenience item there: baby carrots, a small banana, an apple. Cherry or grape tomatoes are plentiful during summer. Just wash and eat them as a snack.
carrying dried fruit with you, like dried figs, dates, lemon- and cherry-flavored plums, peaches, pears, cherries, or blueberries.

Also, ethnic take-out foods -- like Chinese, Thai, Indian -- tend to be very rich in vegetables and lighter, so they give you lots of nutrients and more energy than barbecue or burgers.

"It's all about compromising, about deciding where you can give up something or what you're willing to add to give balance," Sass tells WebMD. "That's the kind of philosophy people can manage long term. Otherwise, it's just not realistic. Every time of year is busy. Not all of us can pack a healthy lunch."

"Eating right doesn't mean you have to become a perfect eater," she says.

Best & Worst Fast-Food Picks

To help guide you at the fast-food counter, the nutrition gurus at the Center for Science in the Public Interest (CSPI) recently issued their choices.

Burger King was panned, with its Double Whopper with Cheese, french fries, Old Fashioned Ice Cream Shake, hash browns, and Value Meals cited as "the worst."

"The best" fast foods:

Wendy's Mandarin Chicken Salad -- mixed greens, chicken breast, roasted almonds, mandarin orange segments, and half a packet of Oriental sesame dressing make this 420-calorie salad taste as though it were served in a downtown bistro.
Burger King Chicken Whopper Jr. -- any grilled chicken sandwich is a good choice, but this one actually tastes grilled. The junior size is best -- just because it's a normal-sized sandwich. The junior has 350 calories, while the regular Chicken Whopper has 580 calories.
Subway's Low-fat Subs -- the new low-fat select subs -- honey mustard ham, sweet onion chicken teriyaki, and red wine vinaigrette club -- range from 310 to 370 calories are "downright delicious."
McDonald's Fruit & Yogurt Parfait -- eat it for breakfast, as a snack, a dessert, or a refreshing lunch, suggests CPSI. It's two-thirds cup of luscious berries layered between low-fat yogurt and topped with crunchy granola -- all at 380 calories and 2 grams saturated fat. Skip the granola and it dips to 280 calories.
Burger King BK Veggie Burger -- it's the first meatless sandwich from a burger chain, with less than two grams saturated fat and fewer calories (330) than just about any hamburger at any chain.

Exercise Makes the Difference

But if those biggie fries are calling your name, go ahead and enjoy them once in awhile, says Carter, also an ADA spokeswoman. "Life's too short. Anyway, no one wakes up one morning weighing 600 or even 300 pounds. Just like one day in gym will not make you Arnold Schwarzenegger. It isn't one food, one day, that will make you fat."

Just remember, it all adds up.

"You can very easily put on a pound a week, or a pound a month by going overboard, by simply eating an extra 100 calories a day," she tells WebMD. "Calories go down a lot more easily than they are burnt off. When people realize how slowly you burn calories, it makes a difference. The difference it makes is cumulative over time."

"The key is to burn up those calories, and that's not as easy as most people think it is," Carter says. "You might burn 180 calories if you walk an hour -- but you haven't even burnt off half the calories of those biggie fries."

What you'll burn in hour, if you weigh 110 lbs.:

Driving burns 115 calories
Mowing the lawn burns 225 calories
Yoga burns 200 calories
Skating burns 275 calories
Laundry burns 100 calories
Food shopping with cart burns 100 calories

In one study, people who lost weight -- and kept it off for five years -- were those who burned about 400 calories a day in exercise. They walked four miles a day. "They had to do it religiously, because not all of us have this wonderful metabolism. For most people, four miles is going to take about an hour."

Exercise has a way of tempering your cravings. "The more physically active you become, and more aware of how hard it is to burn off those calories, the easier it is to say, 'small fries is fine,'" says Carter.

Originally published Sept.2, 2002.

wrbones
10-21-02, 10:19 PM
It might help if some of us started hangin around the bar......

Norton1
10-22-02, 08:41 AM
WTF - Over?

Maybe it's the new meds - I don't have a clue. I work out like a son of a gun, watch my intake, and still no progress - actually regress -

@$#%&@!*!#&$*^&@#&

Onward and upward has taken on a WHOLE new meaning! LOL

Hope you all are doing well -

lurch
10-22-02, 10:00 AM
it can be done

I went from 245lbs to 185lbs and now I maintain 200lbs eating whatever I want but I also run, weight train, and play football

Semper Fidelis

Lurch

Sparrowhawk
10-30-02, 12:20 AM
I can't believe it...I gain two pounds. I now weight 181, humm maybe its cause the winter months are coming,and I need that extra warmth.

http://www.msnbc.com/news/827291.asp

wrbones
10-30-02, 12:38 AM
I'm back up to 225! Now if I keep doin the bends and whoopees.....

firstsgtmike
10-30-02, 06:57 AM
I tried the Japanese diet (use only one chopstick) but I speared my food so it didn't work.

My next diet didn't give me enough to eat and I was hungary all the time. So I added two more diets to my menu.

Now that I am successfully on three diets, it helps me to remember that round is also a shape.

Semper Fi

gemntx
10-30-02, 07:20 AM
Keep focused Marines! Continue working out and add some push aways (pushing yourself away from the table) to your workout routine. I injured my back awhile back and have not been able to effectively exercise. However, I'm pleased to say that so far 7 1/2 of the 10 pounds are gone. I just went through my annual flight physical and everything was fine. No lectures on weight or blood pressure. Keep focused and it will happen.

Glenn

Norton1
10-30-02, 09:16 AM
I am going the wrong way on weight. But I am up to a hard 30 minutes a day aerobics wise. My pants fit fine and my gut is going away. I'll not give up but am certainly not going to see the under side of 200 again. I'm moderating what I eat, I like the idea of the Majors of pushing away, and it seems to keep me OK. I'm not hungry - just getting close to 60 and figure that it is normal to gain a bit of weight. So I am reframing my ideas and going for fit at whatever weight I end up at.

This space in time has allowed me to keep my head in the right space anyway!! Gotta keep my focus - Winter is setting in hard here. It's 29 degrees out and the wind is blowing enough to just about fly if I spread my arms - a little extra weight is keeping me on the ground.:D

Glad to see that we are all keeping our commo going -

dnelson
10-30-02, 09:47 AM
Well you all are not the only one. Just by diet I made it to 217 but am now up to 219. If you check the first threads i was on of the first to start. But on the good side I'm putting on muscle. No longer get winded going to the mail box. Doing a total of 60 minutes on the incline bike. I will be seeing the trainer to update my workout routine on thur. But at the rate I'm going I do not think I will dip below 200 either.

Semper Fi

dnelson
11-02-02, 10:12 AM
Ok how about checking in to report on your progress. You only have a week to go. Me still stuck at 219 started at 220. But, if anybody wants to go to the gym with me, just try to stay up with this old fart.
Feel better, get around much better. By Summer should look lots different. You can already see muscle.

Sparrowhawk
11-02-02, 12:38 PM
Back down to 179, but can't get past that, of course those halloween candies didn't help.

Wife said, they were bought to be given away, heck she left them on my desk.

Halloween night we had to turn off the lights and pretend we weren't home, hey they were Reese Peanut Butter Cups.

http://204.255.144.126/prodimages/thumbnails/505848.jpg

wrbones
11-02-02, 01:09 PM
Damn, you didn't share!

No wonder ya havin' troubles, brother!

I hear for every calorie ya share, that's two that don't count agin ya!

Sparrowhawk
11-02-02, 08:24 PM
Hey Bones

I did ask the girl at the register to scan them twice, I had heard if you do that the second scan kills the calories.

Guess it didn't help.

Sparrowhawk
11-10-02, 05:56 AM
Well time to fess up !

How did everyone do?

dnelson
11-10-02, 09:50 AM
Well no Change for me. Went down to 217, back up to 219 after I started to work out. That is were I stayed. Not only am I not getting smaller I'm getting bigger, but in a good way having trouble fitting into some of my clothes in the shoulders and arms.
At least I do feel better. Sleep Better.
So how is everybody else doing. We need at least on person losing.

Semper Fi

USMCMex
11-10-02, 06:59 PM
Well I did accomplish what I was out to do, and that was to lose some weight. I was at 226lbs, with a body fat count of 26%. Now i'm at 221lbs, and 23% body fat. I look better and feel great.Will continue this mission. I have a set of blues thats calling me.

MillRatUSMC
11-10-02, 07:17 PM
A ?
WHY stop now!
Fitness and health go hand in hand.
We start altering our life styles.
To lower our weight.
We adjust our menu's, so they would lower our intake.
Some join fitness centers.
Mine, I could write a book.
Tales from the FITNESS CENTER
We have a set of characters!
One go by the handle of "Road Warrior"
Lifts more than is real safe and then grunts or roars like a lion.
Then there others that do a set.
Then look in the mirror!
Thinking that there will instant change!
It don't happen that way!
A friend of mine says that I'm trying to regain my youth.
That dude is long gone!
When I enlisted and after boot camp, I weight 125 lbs.
Now at age 62 and three knee surgeries.
And weighting 150 to 156 lbs.
Two on the right knee and one on the left knee.
Have left me doing 13 to 15 minutes miles.
But that an't too bad for an old man.

Semper Fidelis
Ricardo

dnelson
11-10-02, 07:17 PM
Just to update further. As i was getting ready to go se the Veterans Day parade. I noticed my belt is on the last notch, to the good I need to add another so it will still hold up my trousers. Then I notices I was wearing my 38's not my 40's. So even if I am not losing pounds I am losing size in the right areas. My arms are gaining size and definition, my legs are solid very little fat left How about 345lb standing calf raises, and I need to add weight. Some of the gym rats do not like following me. The old man is using the same weight as they are. Of course some areas I cut the amount of weight.
Doing Cardio only the gals that do arobic's stay up with me.

mrbsox
11-10-02, 07:21 PM
No Excuses...

No Reasons...

No weight loss...

No lost sleep :D

I liked the idea.... still do. But I'VE got to make the call. Like smoking, I'VE got to be the one to do it.

Sempers all, and I got the 1st $20 in the pot for drinks, when we can get to reunion.

Terry.... still hanging at 205 :D

dnelson
11-10-02, 07:25 PM
mrbsox if you do anything get rid of the smoking. Even if you do put on weight you will feel much better.

But you are right you are the one who must make up your mind and just do it. Unless it is someone very special you will never do it for somebody else. It took having a Heart Attack before I quit. That was way to much pain for me and I did not want to go thru that again. So I quit.

USMCMex
11-10-02, 07:54 PM
It took me awhile to get myself back into the swing of things, but after losing the pounds in the right areas, it feels good to back. Not quite there but working it. Semper Fi Devil Dogs and Happy Birthday. 227

gyrene79
11-11-02, 10:17 PM
Buddy I'll give you 20lbs in spirit.
because if I give you the real thing
that would almost put me under 100lbs
Like I tell the people here at work"and dont take this the wrong
way"
I was 128lbs when I went to boot 6yrs in the grunts
and 24 yrs latter I'm still 128lbs and have been married
for 10yrs to a woman that has tried to put some meat
on my bones.
check out my picture in the gallery I havent changed.

Sparrowhawk
11-11-02, 11:32 PM
Well I'll have to drop in $20.00 bucks as well, didn't make the 175, couldn't get pass 178 ~ but next tiem I'm gona work out... at teh tsame time. Think that will help?

I think those Krispy Kream donuts didn't help....

LOL