PDA

View Full Version : Medical Question

thatguy091
03-20-16, 02:21 PM
Hello Marines, I just have a small question as regard to a medical disqualification. I had torn my lateral meniscus and had surgery on it back in October. My doctor said it should heal easily and...

Zulu 36
03-20-16, 03:47 PM
Tell the truth and report the injury to MEPS. If everything is healing as well as you say, a waiver should be no problem. The doctors at MEPS are pros at spotting surgical scars, however small <br />

thatguy091
03-20-16, 04:03 PM
What if my recruiter had me say on my medical form that it didn't happen? Could i get in trouble if i selected no on the form and then told MEPS about it anyways? Or should i tell my recruiter i want...

Rocky C
03-20-16, 06:11 PM
What ? He would never tell you that and risk his career !!!

I don't know why you are asking here if you already know the answers to your question.

The Marine you work with seems to have the correct info.

Report everything !!!

Tennessee Top
03-20-16, 06:38 PM
One of our 14 leadership traits is integrity (doing the right thing). If you don't have it, don't waste your recruiter's time. In this case, the right thing is to disclose the past surgery, and then let the MEPS process play out.

Good luck and let us know how this works out for you.

thatguy091
03-20-16, 07:00 PM
I'm going to inform them of it all, hopefully since the injury was not a serious one they won't see it as a big deal and if need be i can get a waiver for it. Thank you Marines for the advice.