PDA

View Full Version : B Billits

LcplStud
01-22-04, 05:54 PM
hey i had a question i've been wanting answered for a long time. are reservists allowed to hold a b billit? such as MSG Duty, Drill Instructer, Recuiter? or would i have to go active first for a year or so and then volunteer to go to a b billit school? if anyone could answer, it'd be much appreciated.

Semper Fidelis

jo_beth
01-22-04, 06:31 PM
I suppose "stud" is better than "dud."

Hopefully, someone will be able to answer your question soon.

SF

TracGunny
01-22-04, 10:14 PM
B-billets, such as DI and Recruiting, are three-year tours of duty (not counting school time). I doubt a Reservist can put in for the orders. There are programs that will put a Reservist on full time duty (and pay) for up to a year or more, however, those billets are at the I&I or Reserve Unit to fill the full-time needs of the I&I/Reserve Staff. I have never heard of a Reservist receiving orders to a b-billet. It will be four years since I left active service next month, things may have changed… anyone out there got the true skinny on this?

VMGRMech
01-23-04, 01:23 AM
NO, drilling reservist cannot do B-billets. AR Marines have two DI billets total for the entire AR program.

GunnyD
01-23-04, 09:51 AM
That is not correct reservist can cold B-billets Recruiting and Drill Instructor, I spent 3 1/2 years as a recruiter under the EAD program as a reservist and I know for fact that a very small number( like four a year) are selected from the reserves to serve as Drill Instructors.

GunnyD
01-23-04, 09:54 AM
As far as Recruiting goes you can go to your nearest Recruiting office and ask about the Recruiters assistance program, If they accept you it will be for 120 days, at the end of the 120 days if you have done a good job they can extend and offer to you for EAD( Extended Active Duty) for 2 years at a time, I worked with several Recruiters who had been doing it for 16+ years and even knew a few who were allowed to retired with a regular active duty retirement.

LcplStud
01-24-04, 09:52 PM
thanks for the help, i didn't exactly want to try DI school or Recuiter school. i'm mostly interested in MSG Duty. i'm not sure how all that works

reddog4950
01-25-04, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by LcplStud
thanks for the help, i didn't exactly want to try DI school or Recuiter school. i'm mostly interested in MSG Duty. i'm not sure how all that works

A billet postion is held only for lack of protocal manpower. You may be a Gunny and be acting billet for a First Sergeart. It is now your Temp. rank untill you are replaced.
Reddog4950