PDA

View Full Version : A couple peripheral Q's about Security Forces MOS.

Jackalope03
03-15-16, 08:23 PM
Hello all,

I've done a search, and came up empty on my questions.

I'm In the Dep program and I chose a security forces contract. I had a couple questions brought up to me by a buddy who served 8 years but was Motor T and any of his buddys the went security forces were single at the time so he as a little unsure of the answers.
A little about me: I'm 28 (I know, really late to the party lol) and married.
My questions are: Ether in a fast co. or Prp would I be eligible to live with my wife on/off base or would I be stuck in the barracks? Second question isn't really deal breaker like the first, more of a good to know is: would I be able to have my truck with me?

Any help would be greatly appreciated or just point in the right direction, and I cannot wait to be able to call myself a Marine.

Thank you!
-Tim

Rocky C
03-16-16, 08:38 AM
Question 1. Yes.
Question 2. Yes.

These questions could have been answered by your Recruiter. Also under your post you will see " Similar Threads ". You can get a lot of info on " Security Forces " by reading them.

Best of luck to you.

Jackalope03
03-16-16, 05:43 PM
Thank you very much!

My recruiter said yes, but his knowledge of security forces is extremely limited. I only wanted to make sure I wasn't going to get the surprise of having to live in the barracks because of the MOS I selected.

Thanks for the tip as well, I have read those threads and more now.

Rocky C
03-16-16, 05:53 PM
Outstanding and your welcome.

This is a thread of mine that every Poolee should read.
It's long but spot on.

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?121384-The-Ultimate-Guide-For-Recruit-Training-!

USMC 2571
03-17-16, 09:45 AM
That thread, by the way, covers everything. If it isn't there, no one needs to know that missing info! Great thread about recruit training.