PDA

View Full Version : It's Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month: Have You Been Checked?

Rocky C
03-14-16, 10:17 AM
Milestone birthdays come along at 50, 60, and 70 years old. These may be a time for celebrations, but do you know what else it's time for? Taking care of your colon. March may be a time that you are celebrating your milestone birthday, but it is also Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month. If you are approaching one of those milestone birthdays, it may be a good time to discuss with your doctor scheduling a colorectal cancer screening, or a colonoscopy.

When caught early, colon cancer is easily removable and the recovery rate is very good. To catch colon issues early, the screenings that you are advised to have are very significant. Early stage colon cancer rarely has symptoms that you will be able to detect.

Here are a few of the colorectal risk factors that you should be aware of:

•If you are 50 years of age or older.
•If you have a family history or personal history of colorectal cancers or adenomatous polyps.
•If you have a personal history of certain kinds of colorectal polyps, Crohn's disease, or ulcerative colitis.

Rocky C
03-14-16, 10:22 AM
I know this is something that many of you shy away from but let me say this. 10 years ago the removal of cancerous polyps saved my life.

I used to have a colonoscopy done every year after that but now I am on a 3 year cycle with one coming up in April.

Men and Woman !!!

It may just save your life !!!

Natalie P
03-14-16, 01:36 PM
I will get checked too Rocky.

Tennessee Top
03-14-16, 02:17 PM
Had 3 polyps removed years ago. Second colonoscopy was negative. Doc has me on a 5-year checkup plan now. TRICARE covers colonoscopies as preventive care (much cheaper than treating colon cancer).

Mongoose
03-14-16, 08:38 PM
I had a colonoscopie 3 years ago today. They found 8 polyps that was cancer. They took out the cancer. I have a scope every year and a scan done every 3 months. So far so good.

USMC 2571
03-14-16, 09:31 PM
Would recommend this screening. I had one about 10 years ago, then another just a couple of months ago. Better safe than sorry. My next one isn't for another few years. But if we stay on top of things like this, we're much better off.

Mongoose
03-15-16, 08:06 AM
My last Colonoscopy, for the record. Living proof I'm a big a azzhole.http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29728&stc=1

Natalie P
03-15-16, 02:05 PM
That was funny Billy but the one before that was sad. Great to hear you are a cancer survivor like Rocky. He has surgery on April 15th. Please say a prayer everyone.

I will make an appointment sometime this week to get one done.

Mongoose
03-15-16, 06:40 PM
Natalie....thank you Sweetie. I don't have all the tools or instruments to preform that procedure. However, I'm willing, free of charge, to do a visual screening for you, Sweetheart.

Zulu 36
03-15-16, 07:33 PM
I have a colonoscopy scheduled for May 2. This is my fourth one, only benign polyps taken from the other scopes, but enough to make the docs a little worried and bring me in regularly.

As was said, better safe than sorry.

USMC 2571
03-15-16, 07:45 PM
True---no such thing as being overly careful with anything like this.

Rocky C
03-16-16, 08:55 AM
Billy, you crack me up. Wait till she reads that LOL.

I'm am lost for words Brother on the pictures. You are a Poster Child for all of us Azzholes out there, hahahahaha.

Stay Healthy and Safe.

Natalie P
03-16-16, 11:14 AM
Hehehehe. You are too funny Billy. No wonder Rocky always says he loves you like a brother. <br />
<br />
I will be funny back or try too anywho. You can do a free screening for me if you like but it's going to...

SGT7477
03-16-16, 07:43 PM
Hehehehe. You are too funny Billy. No wonder Rocky always says he loves you like a brother.

I will be funny back or try too anywho. You can do a free screening for me if you like but it's going to cost you lol. and while your down there I'll take a pap smear and then come up to my chest and do a mammogram but don't be scared when you get there. I don't know if you have any experience with fake full C cups that don't even move hehehe.

Bring your Credit Card ;) Thank you for making me laugh Billy. This colonoscopy thing scares me. I wonder why my Doctor never mention it ? Rocky says because I was too young but now is the time with birthday coming up :(

Hugs.

Our Brother Billy lives in the backwoods, I don't know if he truly understands, Semper Fidelis.

Mongoose
03-17-16, 08:03 AM
Nat.....here in the back-woods....we don't use credit cards.....but I could pay you back by cooking you up a big batch of Possum lips, fried in Armadillo fat and smothered in Racoon gravy. After a big plate of this, you'll be howling like a Coyote in heat.

Rocky C
03-17-16, 08:37 AM
Hahahahaha, damn Billy, now I got to explain all that to her. If she throws up on my laptop first, you owe me brother. LOL.

Natalie P
03-17-16, 10:56 AM
It's a good thing that was explained to me Billy just now. I was going to ask if you needed some money for food. I was going to send you a check.

You are such a jokester hehe.