PDA

View Full Version : Global Billets USMCR

ET90
03-09-16, 01:52 PM
Good Morning everybody, My name is Eric and im a new member to leatherneck, I come here to try and get some guidance on the process of volunteering for orders in the Marine Corps reserve. Im a Cpl in the reserves and approaching my end of drill obligation this year. I mainly want to do this for myself, i want to get the experience of going overseas while i can and contributing however i can. I have recently looked into the global billets and I am interested in a couple openings. I'm 25 years old and serve as a seasonal firefighter on the civilian side. If i could get orders it would be lined up just right when i would be off season. My question is more so on how the process works, all i know so far is i need to submit an RQS and official photo to the POC's and also how one is evaluated, and how one is selected? Im looking for some advice on this and would greatly appreciate any information you gents might have. Thank you all and have a great day

SGT7477
03-09-16, 03:29 PM
Eric you should have a more complete profile, some fine Marine should be along to answer your question, Semper Fidelis

MunkyVsRobot
03-09-16, 03:56 PM
Probably not. Why would they waste time and money on sending a reservist to an overseas location? There is no return on the investment. I am not a reservist but logic would dictate why send a part timer to a location when we could send a lifer there as a reward.

ET90
03-09-16, 05:03 PM
Probably not. Why would they waste time and money on sending a reservist to an overseas location? There is no return on the investment. I am not a reservist but logic would dictate why send a part timer to a location when we could send a lifer there as a reward.

You're right to a certain point but I believe ultimately it comes down to having the manpower for whatever a unit might be getting ready to do. For example I see a lot of stateside billets for wounded warrior batallion on either the west coast or east coast where they need people to volunteer and the more rare ones are obviously overseas.
Im with the wing at Miramar and my unit has not activated since 2008 I believe, this is why I'd like to get attached to an active duty billet/unit.

Rocky C
03-09-16, 06:35 PM
Please fill out your complete and accurate profile Marine. These are forum rules and you will not be asked again or this thread will cease to exist. I will give you the latitude of just the first initial of your last name Eric because you are active duty.

I sent you a PM and you did not respond hence my post here.

Thank you.