PDA

View Full Version : Less than LETHAL ammunition

mrbsox
01-21-04, 07:36 PM
Considering some of the threads about home protection has renewd my interest in having something else in the house.

Been researching some 'LTL' ammo of late. I think the bean bag, or 'Hydro' bag in the 12 gauge would be a reasonable 1st round choice. 00 buck after that, but with a LTL first shot, one could demonstrate the desire to use reasonable force, in a court of law.

Every where I turn requires some kind of Law enforcement or Government agency certificate.

Typical government regulation, you can buy ammunition to kill with, but not to 'NOT kill'. It was also quite a task to buy an ASP, but I got 1.

Does anybody know where a law abiding citizen could get some LTL ammo ??

Like I said, the bags are appealling, but a 'door buster' would be great also, in 12 gauge.

Terry

sroswat
01-24-04, 09:59 AM
Most of the laws that I know about, the ammo falls under federal law. I have never seen anything that would limit you owning bean bag rounds. The best place to obtain teh rounds would be at a gun show. But, a bit of adivce stay away from the square bean bags because they can actually break the skin and enter the chest cavity. The "super sock" is a great round. Your target should be to hit someone in the pelvic region, that would be from the lower stomach down. If the situation because life or death for you, then the rounds can become deadly if you shoot someone in the neck or head. Hope this helps..

Semper FI

mrbsox
01-24-04, 07:09 PM
Gun shows !!!

Hummmmm, hadn't been to one in awhile. It just pi$$es me to no end to PAY, to get in and spend money.

I'll check it out, thanks.

Terry

mrbsox
02-05-04, 04:36 PM
I haven't made it to a gun show yet, but I'm going to bump this back up. I have checked with some local gun shops, that sell 'law enforcement' items, and they will NOT sell me LTL. :no:

I've read some articles just recently concerning accidental discharges, where a weapon is obviously cocked and locked. A shotgun was being used to 'detain' a suspect until more authorities arrived, and, yep... trigger finger slipped and he took a load of buck shot in the face.

I (you) can got to any Wal-Mart or related store and buy ammo that will KILL, but WE cannot (legally) get something that will NOT kill. Just doesn't make sense !!

If anybody knows where it can be purchased, I'm wanting some 'beanbag', 12 gauge.

Terry

Super Dave
02-05-04, 04:45 PM
I think that claymores make a good home defense system..