PDA

View Full Version : Navy Secretary Ray Mabus' departure date not set yet

Rocky C
03-03-16, 08:29 AM
Navy Secretary Ray Mabus is not planning to step down imminently, his spokesman clarified after Mabus indicated to lawmakers that his tenure is nearing its end.

Mabus, who has led the Navy since May 2009, is the longest serving secretary in nearly 100 years. On Tuesday, he told the House Appropriations defense subcommittee that he did not expect to testify before it next year.

“This is my eighth time — which may be a record, and I’m not sure anybody wants it — and my last to appear before you,” Mabus said. “Thank you for all your courtesies to me and thank you for all that you have done for the Department of the Navy.”

But for right now, no date has been set for Mabus to hand the reins of the Navy to his successor, said Mabus spokesman Navy Capt. Patrick McNally.

“Next year's budget hearings will be under a new administration so these will likely be his final hearings,” McNally told Marine Corps Times in an email.

At Tuesday’s hearing, Mabus called leading the Navy “the greatest honor of my life.”

“I couldn't be more proud of our sailors, our Marines, our civilians,” Mabus said. “I am also proud of the many steps we've taken and the changes we've made to try to ensure, working with Congress, that the Navy and Marine Corps in the future remains the greatest expeditionary fighting force the world has ever known.”

Tennessee Top
03-03-16, 04:25 PM
Dang it! I thought we were finally getting rid of this liberal ****head sooner rather than later. Hang fire.

Phantom Blooper
03-03-16, 06:25 PM
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images/icons/icon4.png Navy Secretary Ray Mabus' departure date not

soon enough!

m14ed
03-07-16, 02:32 AM
I hope people keep an eye out on him -
so that when he drops dead
a gang can install a PI$$TUBE into
his gravesite just like we're gonna
do with "Carrvy1"

irpat54
03-07-16, 06:22 AM
the day he leaves, I will be throwing a huge party... along with the party when Obama leaves,, and when Hillary gets put in jail..

Rocky C
03-07-16, 08:24 AM
He should have been gone in June of 2009. 30 days in that chair was long enough...