PDA

View Full Version : Concave Chest?

dreamachine
03-01-16, 06:01 PM
Well I've met with the recruiter a few times so far. Passed the pre-ASVAB test, filled out some paperwork, including a medical screening. That said, I overheard another recruiter talking about concave chest being a possible DQ to another person.

I did some searching, and it looks like I do have a concave chest... I don't think I actually marked that yes on the medical screening paperwork while at the recruiter; I honestly don't recall seeing on the list, but it may have been.

Is this something that is going to DQ from enlisting?

Any help would be appreciated.

Rocky C
03-01-16, 06:04 PM
What did your Recruiter say when you asked him / her ?

That should have been your first step.

We are not Doctors here.

Best of luck to you.

dreamachine
03-01-16, 06:08 PM
I haven't asked him yet. I overheard it yesterday, and didn't really pay much mind to it. But I got to thinking about it today and looked it up and saw that it seems like it might be a DQ...

I'll be asking him about it the next time I see him, probably on Friday or Monday.

I was hoping someone here might have some knowledge and experience about it though. Maybe someone here has heard of someone being DQ'd for it or not?

USMC 2571
03-01-16, 06:15 PM
You hoped correctly, take a look at Similar Threads, right below your initial post. It is all about Concave Chest.

USMC 2571
03-01-16, 06:15 PM
"Concave Chest at MEPS"--click on that similar thread.

dreamachine
03-01-16, 06:20 PM
I don't see any links for similar threads.
Edit: Nevermind I found the links.

Mongoose
03-02-16, 08:17 AM
Dreammachine.....I had a similar situation happen to me.After talking to me and taking my physical, I heard two recruiters and a Doctor at Dallas talking about a Chest Puller. WTF.....I went into the rest room and pulled up my tee shirt and looked close at my chest. It looked normal except one nipple was about 2 inches higher than the other, but had never caused me any problems. Why in hell did my chest need pulling? The only other chest they could be talking about was an old chest at home that I got from my grand-pappy. But, it was empty and could be picked up easily....didn't need to be pulled at all. Anyway, why would they need grand-pappy's chest?? Anyhow...while we were waiting the recruiters gave us guys all a food voucher and told us to go down to the corner outside and eat at the Dairy Queen there. So we all got DQ'd that day. So what I'm saying is don't worry about your chest ....you'll be o.k. Good Luck

Rocky C
03-02-16, 08:25 AM
I don't think it's the same kind of chest Billy hahahahaha.

dreamachine
03-02-16, 11:32 AM
Thanks Mongoose. Btw, Dairy Queen is delicious.

USMC 2571
03-02-16, 02:43 PM
dreamachine, you'll fit in here quite well. LOL.

Rocky C
03-02-16, 06:27 PM
What's a Dairy Queen ?. Is that like the DADT Policy ? hahahahaha.

dreamachine
03-02-16, 09:53 PM
I'd say it's kind of like In-n-Out combined with A&W.