PDA

View Full Version : Marine commandant details career, fitness and tattoo changes

Rocky C
02-14-16, 11:23 AM
Gen. Robert Neller has not wasted any time since becoming commandant of the Marine Corps on Sept. 24. <br />
<br />
Last month, he released his vision for the next four years — a fragmentary order to the...

Tennessee Top
02-14-16, 03:11 PM
This all sounds good from the CMC. Only problem I have with it is, the SECDEF and SECNAV are heel bent on changing the USMC so it resembles all the other services (with gender/sexual orientation, bootcamp integration, etc). Hopefully, I'm wrong. Time will tell.

Tennessee Top
02-15-16, 08:01 AM
General Neller's new tattoo policy is not out yet but should be published sometime this month. Will be interesting to see.

MunkyVsRobot
02-15-16, 09:14 PM
I like it but I find it funny how he mentions the biggest reason he is looking to change height and weight standards is because of the females.

Q. You recently ordered a full review of Marine fitness standards. What prompted that?
A. In going around talking to Marines, there were a number — particularly female Marines — asking about height and weight standards. They were saying, “Hey I have been working out and doing pullups and I am over my weight for my height; when are you going to make a decision on whether women do pullups or not?” Or, “I can get this PFT score, but I am still above my weight for height.”

2 Marine Mom
02-15-16, 10:21 PM
I don't think anything should be changed, fitness wise, male or female. all should be the same. Ya, it might stop some from getting in, but, it will also protect the ones who make it from having to hold up those not really able to toe the line. I also like his theory on the alcohol and drug issue. My marine is high risk in that area, comming from a broken home thanks to her fathers drinking, She has also been alienated from me, by him and his family, all alcoholic's most practicing. I am not a drinker, or its very minimal, thats why, I didn't fit in. I hope he holds his ground on that, and maybe increases, education, to all. And As for the tat, issue, she got on right out of boot, on the underside of her arm, German for devil dog. goes, all the way down her inner arm, I have tats, so, I don't have an issue. just wondered, how policy effects her. Concerned mom. Deb