PDA

View Full Version : Tier I Question

22DevilPup87
09-05-02, 02:18 PM
My question is:
Will I graduate Tier I?

I e-mailed my mentor (what my school, CMA, calls their teachers) and he said:
"I'm unsure about the "the same days, weeks and hours of attendance" part of that. You will certainly graduate with a diploma as valid as a classroom school. "

According to my school's FAQ site:
Christa McAuliffe Academy is accredited through the Northwest Association of Schools and Colleges and by CITA (the Commission on International and Trans-regional Accreditation). CITA is an umbrella organization of the "Big Six" regional accrediting associations, designed to address the unique needs of schools which operate nationwide and worldwide. CMA is listed in the ICAC registry and has been approved annually as a private school by the Washington State Board of Education since 1985.

In addition to their daily studies, students meet weekly in learning sessions on the internet for 1 hour per week with groups of 6-12 students at a time—a "Virtual" classroom! The mentor plans and conducts timely and interesting topical discussions with the students from around the country and around the world.

( http://cmacademy.org/faq.html )

Sixguns
09-05-02, 04:22 PM
You can have the local recruiter investigate the credentials and have the Marine Corps decide on the Tier assignment your educational institution is viewed as for recruiting purposes. If your school is not considered to be the equivalent of a Tier I, your recruiter can ask for a policy waiver for enlistment. The specific documents to categorize your school and education code for enlistment are the MPPM, Guidebook for Recruiters and the Programs Books. Provide your recruiter with as much information on your school and its accreditation and curriculum. He can get you the answer you are seeking.

22DevilPup87
09-05-02, 06:08 PM
Sixguns,
Thank you very much.

It's probably time I see a recruiter. I have lots of questions the books can't answer.

Jess