PDA

View Full Version : "Female infantry" boots? Hearsay or no

Nickyg1478
02-12-16, 05:52 AM
Hello. We are currently on deployment and we keep hearing word about female boots actually being in our platoons by the time we get back. Can any grunts here attest to this being true? Does anyone currently have "female grunts" in their infantry battalion? It all sounds like hearsay from our point of view. Can anyone actually confirm current "female boots"? I literally just created this account to find out some in the rear word.

reh

Zulu 36
02-12-16, 06:07 AM
From what I understand, there are no female Marines currently in the infantry pipeline at this point. I haven't heard too much about females lining up to be grunts either. A few for Raiders, yes, but very little news about regular infantry.

Nick, please fill out a little more of your profile for us. How you have your name is fine since you're AD.

Keep your head down and watch six.

Tennessee Top
02-12-16, 08:49 AM
Saw article about this in a recent Marine Corps Times. It said around 300 females have been identified as being eligible to lat move into combat arms MOS's (infantry, armor, artillery). Don't know out of those 300 how many will actually do it but some have already submitted their lat move requests - I'm inclined to believe they'll be approved. These females have already completed ITB and many also took part in the infantry training studies. Imagine the ones lat moving into armor and artillery still need to go to those MOS schools to attain those MOS's. As for infantry, as soon as those lat move requests are approved, travel orders cut, and PCS leave taken, they should be reporting into their respective battalions for duty. Not heard word if that is happening now or not.

Good luck Devil and let us know what you find out.

SGT7477
02-12-16, 10:29 AM
Your first shirt could be a WM,lol, Semper Fidelis.

jab116
02-12-16, 05:07 PM
Not yet as far as I know. My battalion was saying we would get some after the Christmas block leave but nothing so far. From what I've seen its just scuttlebutt at this point. Now ITB is a completely diffrent story. I know some guys who went through during the gender testing and man do they have some good horror story's....

Nickyg1478
02-19-16, 02:57 PM
Bump

Nickyg1478
02-29-16, 02:38 AM
Bump

MunkyVsRobot
02-29-16, 05:52 AM
Obviously no one except for you cares about female boots being in the fleet already or else you wouldnt have had to bump this thread twice. Is it you are just looking for something to complain about before you get back to garrison? Its going to happen whether you like it or not better start getting used to the idea of having females in your units. Its not a popular decision i suggest you go get a straw and suck it up.

Mongoose
02-29-16, 07:47 AM
Josh, I agree 100%. It's going to happen. So instead of trying to make it difficult.....try to help make it work as best you can.

Rocky C
02-29-16, 07:55 AM
Bump

Never mind about bumping the thread Marine.

Square away your complete profile and spelling or I will delete this thread.

Nickyg1478
11-04-16, 04:47 PM
Just a heads up for anyone who replied to my original thread. It just so happens I went through advanced machine gun course a few months ago with the first female applicant. Turns out she will hit the fleet in December of this year.

Mongoose
11-05-16, 07:41 AM

FoxtrotOscar
11-05-16, 10:10 AM
I've never been overly concerned with women in many roles of the Military..

When it comes to being a Grunt, with field environments, heavy loads and the hygiene alone... I have to question the sound judgement and decision of this foolhardy decision...

This is nothing more than another idiotic Social Experiment that will inevitably cost many, many lives...

There is a SOLID raeson Man & Women are physically made different...!!!

Apache
11-05-16, 10:51 AM
Agree with Foxtrot Oscar
Social experiment
Take the finest fighting force and insert females
What do you get ?
Something that doesn't get the job done

irpat54
11-05-16, 10:51 AM
I've never been overly concerned with women in many roles of the Military..

When it comes to being a Grunt, with field environments, heavy loads and the hygiene alone... I have to question the sound judgement and decision of this foolhardy decision...

This is nothing more than another idiotic Social Experiment that will inevitably cost many, many lives...

There is a SOLID raeson Man & Women are physically made different...!!!

spot on, FO

Nickyg1478
11-05-16, 12:11 PM
Last few posters are preaching to the choir.

FoxtrotOscar
11-05-16, 12:53 PM
Last few posters are preaching to the choir.

If your the "CHOIR", then by all means take the time to enlighten us...

Nickyg1478
11-05-16, 01:36 PM
There's not much to say really. I whole-heartedly agree with you guys. Even with physical limitations sidelined, the emotional aspect is something extremely pertinent that needs to be taken into consideration as well. I don't see why we need to change our proven formula.

FoxtrotOscar
11-05-16, 05:13 PM
When the "GRUNTS" are not broken, then they don't need to be "FIXED"

Nickyg1478
11-05-16, 05:31 PM
Amen brother

advanced
11-06-16, 08:05 AM
When I was a grunt we didn't have women Marines with us, we had to live off the land so to speak.

Seriously, this is one terrible idea for the simple reason that it's unfair to only give female Marines maternity leave.

MunkyVsRobot
11-06-16, 10:07 AM
Males do get some leave, but it is only 10 days of leave versus the like 6 months women get.

FistFu68
11-06-16, 11:47 AM
They ain't built the Woman Marine yet that could drink the amount of Beer in six months this Ole former Pointman can consume in 10days and still not be a F**king Tanglefoot that's riding the Cotton pony once a month lol :beer: :beer: :beer:

Nickyg1478
01-10-17, 08:35 AM
Just a heads up for anyone who invested any time in this thread. First 3 female infantry members hit the fleet this month. Google it.

m14ed
01-10-17, 03:01 PM
Invested time in a thread ????
NAH ......

I was in here to complain anyway.....

Marine1955
01-10-17, 03:06 PM
Invested time in a thread ????
NAH ......

I was in here to complain anyway.....

That's funny LoL

yellowfootprint
01-11-17, 11:16 AM
In my platoon of mortarman we just received our first female boot. Crazy...

Nickyg1478
01-11-17, 01:15 PM
Yeah dude I heard 1/8 is where they went. How is it? I heard they're already putting them in leadership positions. Is that true?

03GyRene
01-19-17, 10:56 AM
Holy CRAP...I'm getting old, but the tube and base plate for an 81 are each about 45 pounds if I remember right...I guess anyone who can carry those damned things on a long hump gets my respect. Will be interesting to hear how they do.

yellowfootprint
01-19-17, 01:59 PM
I am in first battalion eighth Marines and we got our first female this month. It isn't hearsay. They're mostly NCOs, my battalion got 3. They have their own barracks room (yes they live in same barracks as the men). So far we did one field op as 0341 where our female boot came and it showed that she was very inexperienced (as she should be since she just got to the fleet...) so this week we have just been going over the basics. She seemed to have forgotten all the basic Mortarman knowledge and same with scouting and patrolling, etc. Pretty much any 03xx knowledge we have needs to be force fed because she doesn't know a lot of it. As time goes I'm sure she will eventually learn. Although she falls out of PTs, just like the others that I have heard rumors about, she has a desire to learn and stay where she's at. I'm curious to see how she will do in our first crew serve hike.

03GyRene
01-19-17, 02:16 PM
Well, these women wanted to be grunts, they got what they wished for! lol. Thanks yfp, keep us posted.

Marine1955
01-19-17, 02:35 PM
I am in first battalion eighth Marines and we got our first female this month. It isn't hearsay. They're mostly NCOs, my battalion got 3. They have their own barracks room (yes they live in same barracks as the men). So far we did one field op as 0341 where our female boot came and it showed that she was very inexperienced (as she should be since she just got to the fleet...) so this week we have just been going over the basics. She seemed to have forgotten all the basic Mortarman knowledge and same with scouting and patrolling, etc. Pretty much any 03xx knowledge we have needs to be force fed because she doesn't know a lot of it. As time goes I'm sure she will eventually learn. Although she falls out of PTs, just like the others that I have heard rumors about, she has a desire to learn and stay where she's at. I'm curious to see how she will do in our first crew serve hike.

Be careful some women like to pretend they don't know and get men to do there work for them I have seen it first hand. Women saying OH NO I forgot so that the man can look good and take advantage so they want work so hard ..
Watchem closely

yellowfootprint
01-19-17, 03:34 PM
I will deff keep you posted. She thought she could walk in all the senior lance rooms and check field day she got her ass turned around real quick. And I will deff make sure she pulls her own weight...

Tennessee Top
01-19-17, 09:57 PM
This is a hot topic with Marines (it will heat up even more when the open transgenders start showing up in July and they too end up in infantry battalions). Many want to see this progressive social experiment fail. Or, general Mattis just do away with it completely. Your command's leadership will set the tone. If they want these female Marines to succeed, then your mission is to make sure that happens (you don't get to make that decision).

Tennessee Top
01-19-17, 10:15 PM
^^^notice, I did not say do their jobs for them. I mean, be supportive, positive, and don't try to undermine them - that only hurts your 0341 section. They ARE Marines afterall. If they fail, they will fail on their own. If they outrank you, they outrank you.
You will respect their rank just like any other superior.

Nickyg1478
03-03-17, 06:08 PM
Yellow foot print, thanks for the info. You said she tried to inspect a room of senior lances?!?

MunkyVsRobot
03-16-17, 07:59 PM
I think the problem is there has been too much time spent fighting something they are not going to change. Everyone is kicking and screaming about how females cannot be in the infantry no matter how you feel about the situation it is happening. So it is probably better to embrace the suck now and suck it up and figure out how to make it work than sit around and cry and complain about how much **** might suck when they do start coming to the units. It is going to only get forced upon you more and more so it isnt going away, effect the things you can change and learn to live with what you cannot.

Rocmistro
03-17-17, 08:50 AM
I more or less disagree with that position, Munky. I'm out of the Marines now for about 17 years, but whenever this topic comes up around my wife's "social elite" friends, I never back down from my position. I agree there is little value in complaining and whining about it. But speaking the truth whenever and wherever, even at the cost of (especially at the cost of) social status, is part of the fight; I'm an American fighting man, I don't surrender from the enemy, whether he's a foreigner with a gun or a domestic peer with bad information.

It's called sexual dymorphism, if you want to get technical with people; nature selects certain roles for certain sexes. We see males engineered for war and combat across almost every species on the planet. Those capacities are built into us at a physical, mental and spiritual level. The physical is the easiest for civilians to understand, but it's also the least important. An argument I like to use is this: Ask a man to not shower for 3-5 days. What does he call it? Vacation. Ask a woman not to shower for 3-5 days. What does she call it? Torturous hell. My wife's friends get a chuckle out of that but it also helps them see the truth in it.

But, unfortunately, this isn't "your fight" as Marines (or servicemembers) in any other capacity than qualifying (and executing) as registered voters. Society will not accept your position or opinion on this, except for periodically asking you to report data on the subject that they will disregard anyway if it doesn't suit their findings. This is a societal problem, resulting from too many people watching a few movies or TV shows and thinking they have any real understanding of how the military works. I often ask one of my wife's friends "Chrissy, do I ever come to G.E. and tell you how to be an engineering team design manager? No, of course not. So why do you and other civilians like to burst into the house of the Marine Corps and tell us how we should order our affairs?"

Anyway, yeah, as anything else, follow your lawful orders when and where you have to. But don't ever stop speaking the reality about combat, battle, and warfighting that you know to be true.

m14ed
03-18-17, 03:40 AM
SOCIAL ENGINEERING ?

I wonder (even though i know the answer)

Do these female Marines get to blow the whistle ?

Shower with a friend ?