PDA

View Full Version : Mistake...

Lifter25
02-09-16, 09:00 PM
Evening, gentlemen. ( How about Marines. There are male and female Marines on this forum ). Tonight at the gym, was doing some deadlift, and somehow lost the key to my barracks room. Now my platoon Sgt says that I will have a "negative counciling unless I find it"... Anyone ever get this before? How bad is it?

josephd
02-09-16, 11:45 PM
a negative counseling!?....who cares...take it, move on, and don't let it happen again

Tennessee Top
02-09-16, 11:53 PM
Does this mean it goes in your record book (which may adversely affect your PRO/CON marks), or is it just an ass chewing?

josephd
02-10-16, 12:02 AM
Does this mean it goes in your record book (which may adversely affect your PRO/CON marks), or is it just an ass chewing?

it shouldn't unless his Plt.Sgt is a huge d**k, should just be a "you screwed up devil, don't let it happen again" type thing

Lifter25
02-10-16, 03:58 AM
Thank you for the replies, everyone.

silverdollar
02-10-16, 06:35 AM
I lost the key to the squad bay once, no problem.

Phantom Blooper
02-10-16, 07:13 AM
If it is an official counseling it may go on your page 11 in your SRB....things may have changed but years back for losing ID cards...rifle cards....meal cards et. multiple times you were counseled and entry was made....but not for one time...

Didn't have any keys....but those are government issue with #'s .....so public works locksmith will have to be called to rekey the lock and issue new keys to you and your roommate's....

USMC 2571
02-10-16, 07:36 AM
Lose a key? Negative counseling! Not just counseling. Not just encouraging you to be more careful. But Joe can marry Jim, and Sally can marry Becky, and transgenders, gays and lesbians can join the Corps to their heart's content, and all of that is fine. No negative comments, no negative counseling. Yes, our society is doing great, and the Corps' future looks bright. The OP is fortunate that the authorities didn't convene a special court-martial for this key incident. LOL.....ah, the wonders of the 21st century, where right is wrong and wrong is right.

Old Marine
02-10-16, 08:29 AM
I lost the key to the Battalion Clock and ended up getting restricted from ever having to carry it again.

Rocky C
02-10-16, 10:54 AM
Hahahahahahaha.

Apache
02-10-16, 12:00 PM
And this is cause for negative counseling ?
You can't fix it so screw it accept the chicken s--- and move on with your life

SGT7477
02-10-16, 12:48 PM
Stupidest fvckin thing I ever heard, Semper Fidelis.

MunkyVsRobot
02-10-16, 06:27 PM
A negative counseling is just paperwork showing that you have been formally counseled on something and that if it happens again the punishment will get worse. it wont follow you it is basically a slap on the wrist. your plt sgt is an idiot though for even doing any paperwork.

madsox
02-10-16, 09:11 PM
A negative counseling is just paperwork showing that you have been formally counseled on something and that if it happens again the punishment will get worse. it wont follow you it is basically a slap on the wrist. your plt sgt is an idiot though for even doing any paperwork.

^^^ This.

Or your platoon Sgt really loves paperwork, I knew a few of those.

USMC 2571
02-11-16, 05:24 AM
I hate stuff like this, Andy. You know how we are all set off by one thing or another. This is one of those things for me. The stupidity and intolerance, BUT the tolerance and acceptance of really stupid things is prevalent.

That's why I say this right is wrong and wrong is right is something relatively new in our society.

You young ones don't fully see this, but if you had been around 40 years ago, you would most definitely know that none of this foolishness today was tolerated.

SGT7477
02-11-16, 08:09 AM
I hate stuff like this, Andy. You know how we are all set off by one thing or another. This is one of those things for me. The stupidity and intolerance, BUT the tolerance and acceptance of really stupid things is prevalent.

That's why I say this right is wrong and wrong is right is something relatively new in our society.

You young ones don't fully see this, but if you had been around 40 years ago, you would most definitely know that none of this foolishness today was tolerated.

Exactly Dave, Semper Fidelis.

josephd
02-11-16, 12:47 PM
Sadly, paperwork is the only recourse we have with our Marines now...gone are the days of taking the JEWs(junior enlisted warriors) out to the tree line and "correcting" them. With the millenial/entitlement generation, they are too smart for their own good, they know what we can and can't do to them.

My options as a Plt.Sgt for discipline is either.....A) counsel them and make them do some sort of easy extra duty or firewatch....which they learn nothing from....or B) paperwork.....at least with a paperwork trail I can put in a seperation package after "x" amount of things(Pg.11's, NJP, etc)

USMC 2571
02-11-16, 01:41 PM
Lost key, though, Joe. That may or may not call for a counseling of any kind. And it may not be a matter of discipline. It may be---just a lost key! LOL

josephd
02-11-16, 02:14 PM
Lost key, though, Joe. That may or may not call for a counseling of any kind. And it may not be a matter of discipline. It may be---just a lost key! LOL

haha yeah your absolutely right, I would never even touch pen to paper for anything like this

I was just pointing out that disciplinary stuff has gotten complicated as Marines like to cry "hazing" for everything and it has to be investigated

USMC 2571
02-11-16, 02:16 PM
Yes, true, Joe, and that was a great point, that counseling is often the ONLY option open to NCOs.......good point.

troop901
02-11-16, 08:58 PM
I cant remember having a room key, maybe I did, but if I did we were not allowed to lock our doors anyway. And if we did we would have probally got counselled for locking the door. But I dont think overall it would not be a big deal. Ofcourse when we were overseas we were in open squad bays anyways. So dont think it will be a big deal, but ofcourse this is the new Marine Corps.

jab116
02-11-16, 10:44 PM
Your PLT Sgt really must be a motivator. I would think he has better things to do with his time but.... Anyway, the negative counseling should be no big deal. Basically it's just a document that is used to show that a mistake was made and action was taken to fix said mistake. Don't get your head wrapped around it.

USMC 2571
02-12-16, 06:04 AM
It is in fact really nothing, BUT it is still a "document", as you said, and as such, has the capacity to haunt the Marine should someone want to point to it sometime down the line. "Look at this, you had a negative counseling back in 2016! That's when you first started going down the path to ruin"..........LOL......that's the problem with this scenario, plus the sheer stupidity of even counseling someone negatively in the first place, over a lost key.

Rocky C
02-12-16, 10:21 AM
" New Corps "....

SGT7477
02-12-16, 10:26 AM
Soft Corps, Semper Fidelis.

Phantom Blooper
02-12-16, 03:59 PM
Must of found his key or was court martialed ....and in the brig ...since he hasn't returned..

SGT7477
02-12-16, 04:55 PM
Maybe dishonorable discharge, Semper Fidelis.

Kegler300
02-12-16, 05:14 PM
A stupid counseling for losing a room key is just that -- stupid. No way this will be allowed to be a formal Page 11 6105 counseling, unless the platoon commander is just as stupid as the platoon sergeant.

SGT7477
02-12-16, 09:49 PM
A stupid counseling for losing a room key is just that -- stupid. No way this will be allowed to be a formal Page 11 6105 counseling, unless the platoon commander is just as stupid as the platoon sergeant.

You got that right Keg, Semper Fidelis.

Rocky C
02-13-16, 08:09 AM
Yup !

MunkyVsRobot
02-18-16, 04:08 AM
Sarge?