PDA

View Full Version : Drifter & Freebird's Leatherneck.com 3rd Reunion

FREEBIRD
01-19-04, 12:36 PM
Marines and Friends,
We really need to set a date we all can work with...............

Lets try for Friday April 23rd, Saturday April24th and Sunday April 25th.

Again we ask that all who plan to attend Please send E-mail to either me @ Freebird6976@aol.com or Thedrifter, or just post on forum.
Please give some feed back on these date's......
:banana: :banana:

Thanks,
FREEBIRD

Subic76
01-19-04, 04:57 PM
Where, Sir?
Do you speak of the one in DC?

Subic

thedrifter
01-19-04, 05:14 PM
Yes In Washington DC.......

We need to get a date set that we can continue making plans for the trip.......

So far stated last 2 in May were mention.....

We have April.....now and first week in June was on the list......

Sempers,

Roger
:marine:

marinemom
01-19-04, 06:40 PM
I have to work those dates around my chaperone duties for Royal Marine Cadets here on a trip to Quantico - NO I am not dumb enough to try and chaperone a Royal Marine...or Sparrowhawk, lol.

Count me in - I think Heather is my houseguest.

mrbsox
01-19-04, 08:42 PM
I'm for staying away from the busy times, like Memorial day.

YES, it would be a GREAT way and time to promote the sight, the brotherhood, the friendships, IF Jerry got us all "LEATHERNECK.com" T shirts (Cas's could be wet) :banana:

BUT.... we are there for US, as much as anything else. May is OK with me, just need some time to set vacation time up.

(in best D.I. growl)
AND THE REST OF YOU *&^@$^%!#)(*&#^%!#(* MAGGOTS CAN GET OFF YOUR A$$'S AND GET YOUR DATES INTO THE SERGEANT AND STAFF SERGEANT, OR JUST Fkn BEGIN

You've been told for months to start saving your green backs. Ya gotta have some coin, to hit the beach !! :marine:

thedrifter
01-19-04, 09:54 PM
3rd week is the better choice since Mother's Day is the 2nd weekend of the month......
Doctor's permitting......

Just my thoughts....

Sempers,

Roger

mrbsox
01-20-04, 05:28 AM
Evening parade is for sure. And reception with the Sergeant Major. It was worth the rain last year (thanks again for keeping me warm Colleen).

Those of you that have NOT seen the parade, or heard (in many years) the 'snap and pop' of a Marine Company coming to attention, M1's ALL hitting the deck in true Marine Corps timing ...... well .....

.... it puts the steel back in your spine :marine:

.... and the silent drill team :marine:

.... and the history and pagentry of 8th and I

Make your plans. get your calendar out TODAY. What will you have to adjust to make it the week end after Mothers day ???

Get it done.

Terry

mrbsox
01-20-04, 05:42 AM
Last year, most rooms were 2 beds, so some of us can double up, share expenses. I get a pretty good rate on a rental car, Mini vans from Dollar held 6 or 7 so we were mobile.

Who wants to tour the Pentagon again ??

Arlington National cemetary ??

The wall is a must !!
My tour was post 'Nam, so I cannot speak of a first hand memory being enscribed on the wall. But I do have a releative there.
But more than that,
.... the awe inspiring view as you first crest the hill, and see the hint of black peeking out from beneath the calm green grass surrounding the memorial. And you know you are about to loose yourself into the moment.

The Korean memorial, the womens Viet Nam memorial, the way Shaffer drives thru D.C. :banana:, The flag pole which stands by the area, with only the MARINE CORPS emblem which is maintained, and polished brass, in true Marine Corps fashion.

Make your plans, and meet the people that you share your heart and soul with.

Terry