PDA

View Full Version : News about "Jinelson" ssgt Jim Nelson

gus
01-16-16, 12:40 PM
Hello everybody

I didn t come here for years; and i must apologise for my english wish is far to be perfect

Our friend Jinelson is in trouble; he was a big deal around here and help a lots of peoples. He was posting everyday for years; but maybe he stoped for some years.

Anyway here is his sister s message that explain it better.

Acts of Kindness requested. My brother Jim Nelson is a Vietnam War Veteran who was exposed to Agent Orange during his service to our Country as a Marine. This deadly chemical has tried three times to get the best of Jim's body via cancer. I'm heartbroken to tell you Jim has been diagnosed once again with the agressive small cell carcinoma that has invaded his left lung and grown in size to paralyze his vocal cords. Jim has chosen no more chemo or radiation. I just returned from Colorado spending 30 days with him sharing memories and saying our good byes. I ask that if you are so in kind to mail him a card or note simply saying thank you for your service or jotting down a memory you have with him the nurses at the Old Glory Home located inside the Cheyenne Wyoming VA Medical Center agreed to display in his room. Jim is unable to verbally communicate but can open mail and read. Nobody should have the feelings of loneliness at end of life. I thank you for being a part of my brothers life and a card/ note would put a smile on his face, that I so very much want for him. Thank you! Mail to: James Nelson @ Cheyenne Wyoming VA Medical Center - CLC Hospice Room # 1711. 2360 East Pershing Blvd. Cheyenne Wyoming 82001.

Thanks a lot to everybody who might help.

USMC 2571
01-16-16, 12:50 PM
Going to move this into Open Squad Bay where many more will read it.

Jim is a good guy. I remember him from years ago here

Rocky C
01-16-16, 02:48 PM
It's been many years since I've heard from you Robin.
Thank you for posting.
Jim was very well respected on the forum and a great contributor.

I know he hasn't been feeling well for years now.

Thoughts and Prayers outbound for my brother and I will send him a letter....

Please keep us posted when that time comes on this thread.

Mongoose
01-16-16, 03:14 PM
Prayers abound, brother.

Hammer
01-16-16, 04:26 PM
Prayers outbound! God Bless You Jim!

SGT7477
01-16-16, 04:34 PM
Prayers outbound Brother, Semper Fidelis Marine.

rb1651
01-17-16, 11:35 AM
Prayers out bound to you Jim.

USMC 2571
01-17-16, 08:17 PM
Please consider dropping a line or a card to Jim. As I mentioned before, he was a moderator/squad leader here for years, a long time ago. Well liked and respected by all. I wanted to keep this thread from falling to the wayside as new threads are posted. Consider writing to him even if it's a short note, whether you knew him or not. In his situation, I would imagine that anything received would be warmly welcomed.

irpat54
01-18-16, 07:07 AM
prayers outbound for healing,, and a card outbound today..

Rocky C
01-18-16, 10:16 AM
Received a PM from Robin this morning.

This thread will be updated either from him or me via Jim's wife.

Prayers Outbound...

Rocky C
01-19-16, 08:31 AM
Bump.

Prayers Outbound for our Brother and Friend and his Family....

Baker1971
01-27-16, 02:25 PM
Thoughts and Prayers Marine.

003XXMarineDAD
02-04-16, 08:05 PM
I was in Cheyenne on the 28th and saw Jim he has lost a lot on ground since he is in the hospice wing , he is so ready to start is new job guarding the streets of heaven in his dress blues.

Rocky C
02-05-16, 08:19 AM
Thank you for the update Dale.

Prayers Outbound as always to our brother.....

troop901
02-05-16, 06:57 PM
I was good friends with Jim, he is really great guy. Me and him mentored several poolees on here, he had great patience and really cared about them, he even flew to Atlanta when our poolee Matt was killed in a car wreck to help his mother.
Rocky, mayby you could print out everything on here and send it to him so he can know that we all care about him.
SF Jim, your still and will always be my brother.
And sorry, Jim would have told me that I should have said, Jim and I, sorry, I was a 0311.

irpat54
02-05-16, 07:24 PM
prayers still outbound for him and his family..

Quinbo
02-09-16, 03:14 PM
Sent him a small package and short note. I hope he is as comfortable as possible.

2 Marine Mom
02-10-16, 12:23 AM
Iv never had the privledge, of meeting of talking with Jim, but, if you guys, say he a good guy, I;m sre he is, I will get out a card to him tommorrow, thanking him for his sacrifice. and letting him know, he's one of a group of hero's I think very highly of. Deb

maspotente2
02-10-16, 06:27 AM
Praying for you Marine. Semper Fi and God Bless.

Mistybluelady
02-11-16, 05:47 PM
prayers outbound.... had many a pleasure of speaking with him in the chat room way back ......

Rocky C
02-12-16, 10:05 AM
Sent him a small package and short note. I hope he is as comfortable as possible.

Good to see you posting Robert.
That was kind of you.
--------------------------------------

Prayers Outbound as always to our Brother and his Family...

Natalie P
02-12-16, 11:34 AM
Wow how sad :(

I don't know him but I will say a prayer and light a candle.

troop901
02-19-16, 06:35 PM
Has there been any update on Jim?

jamielang1951
02-20-16, 03:43 AM
Hearing this is so heart breaking. Prayers for our brother. May God bless and keep him close to his heart.

Natalie P
02-20-16, 02:44 PM
I will light another candle at church tomorrow but I will say another prayer now.

2 Marine Mom
02-24-16, 12:21 AM
sent a card out, a while back. any word, on jim?

Rocky C
02-24-16, 07:40 AM
I have not heard any updates Deb.

USMC 2571
03-08-16, 05:21 AM
PM to me from Gus, a friend of Jim's from Belgium: Received just now::::

Hello,
i still can t post in here; but Jim Nelson "jinelson" died quiet in his hospital in cheyenne wyoming.

Here is what is sister told me:
He will be cremated in Wyoming and his ashes sent to me. I will then scatter them outside of California. He is having a Military salute by all as his body is rolled out of the building..
He will also have a 21 gun salute and ceremony in the courtyard. His name will be added to their veterans wall.

can you please post to let everyone know; and thank them for everything please?

Rocky C
03-08-16, 07:30 AM
I received the same PM from Gus.

RIP my friend and Brother.

Prayers Outbound ....:cry:

Hand Salute !

Semper Fidelis,
Rocky

SGT7477
03-08-16, 08:21 AM
RIP Marine, Semper Fidelis.

maspotente2
03-08-16, 09:09 AM
R.I.P. My MARINE Brother. God Bless!

rb1651
03-08-16, 01:33 PM
R.I.P. Marine. You will be missed Jim. Thoughts and prayers to his family and all that knew him. It was an honor to talk with you here on LN.

irpat54
03-08-16, 06:16 PM
RIP Brother,,, prayers to the family...

Natalie P
03-08-16, 06:40 PM
This is so sad. I can tell he was so liked here.

Thoughts and prayers and I will light a candle.

madsox
03-08-16, 08:18 PM
I do remember Jim some, from "back in the day" - he was one of the old salts who I could always learns something from, I'm sorry we lost him.

Slow hand salute...

Semper Fi, and a quiet prayer out for his family and friends.

juliaface17
07-20-16, 01:02 AM
Jim,

Every year around Matts death I always try to contact you, I guess this time I really am a couple of months too late. I can't believe you left me too. Please tell matt hi for me. Had I known you were sick I would have driven overnight, I'm so crushed. I'm so sorry I didn't get to you sooner. I'll never forget the night you called me about Matt. Thank you for being an amazing friend and mentor. Guess I will be drinking for both of you tonight. Miss you guys...

Julia

Mack3305
07-27-16, 12:38 PM
Being a new member here I did not know Jim, but it's always a sad time to lose a Brother.
Semper Fi, Jim.
We will have to meet for the first time when my time comes.

HM3 Doc Wilder
07-27-16, 10:27 PM
Rest In Peace Jamison-you were the first one to call me a Yankee.I knew you were sick-but not this until today.Agent Orange is a bad thing,you never know.I Wish you the Best for you and your Family.We will meet again my Brother.Semper Fi Forever.