PDA

View Full Version : Navy Secretary Dismisses SEALs' Concerns About Integrating Women

Rocky C
01-11-16, 10:42 AM
The Navy secretary is urging his admirals to push forward with integrating women into the storied Navy SEAL teams, over the concerns of Navy SEAL leaders.

As Naval Special Warfare hammers out a plan to start admitting women into their tough training, Navy Secretary Ray Mabus is urging Chief of Naval Operations Adm. John Richardson to forge ahead. Mabus rebutted some of the concerns NSW brass raised about roadblocks to integration.

In the plan it submitted, NSW argued that allowing women to join direct ground combat units would not increase readiness, and could even distract from it, according to the memo obtained by Navy Times.

Other concerns included, "anticipated adjustment of standards, disruption of social cohesion, partnering compatibility, medical concerns, media attention, and longevity and retention of expertise," Mabus wrote in the Jan. 1 memo.

These concerns have been echoed throughout the armed forces as the services have debated opening the last combat positions to women over the past several years.

The Marine Corps made a similar stand this fall, but Mabus and Defense Secretary Ash Carter decided to move forward with the plan.

Despite NSW's concerns, Navy officials have said that the SEALs' and Special Warfare Combat Crewman's rigorous physical standards and training will not change.

Navy SEALs won't change standards for women, admiral says

"Some concerns can be dismissed outright," Mabus said in the memo. "First, there will not be any adjustment of standards. As long as a sailor meets the established operationally relevant, occupation-specific, gender-neutral individual standards, that sailor is qualified to serve."

Second, he added, he expects that leadership will ensure that the integration moves forward to fulfill the policy without detracting from its warfighting priorities.

The Mabus memo also called for the Navy to review all job titles that include "man" for all title, including that for Special Warfare Combat Crewman, a move that sparked widespread criticism online after Navy Times reported it Thursday. This In a separate memo obtained Thursday, Mabus gave the same direction to the Navy at large, sparking widespread criticism from online readers.

Mabus calls for replacing title with gendered terms, "to demonstrate through this language that women are included in these positions."

Navy looks to remove 'man' from all job titles

Going forward, Mabus requested quarterly updates from NSW leaders on their implementation progress.

irpat54
01-11-16, 10:48 AM
someone needs to take Mabus out back to the wood shed.. what a moron,,

Rocky C
01-11-16, 10:52 AM
Everyday it's something idiotic now.

Stay tuned for tomorrows major malfunction with him...

irpat54
01-11-16, 11:05 AM
Everyday it's something idiotic now.

Stay tuned for tomorrows major malfunction with him...

Rocky C
01-11-16, 03:05 PM
That was GREAT !!!!

Tennessee Top
01-11-16, 03:19 PM
For some reason, this dude has a hard-on for our Corps. Sad part is nothing anybody can do except bend over and assume the position - again-and-again. There is more coming down the pike. We ain't seen nothing yet.

SGT7477
01-11-16, 03:59 PM
What a dumbazz, Semper Fidelis.

Tennessee Top
01-11-16, 05:29 PM
Some Marine must've REALLY ****ed him off when he was a junior Naval officer. This is "pay back time".

Kegler300
01-11-16, 05:49 PM
Some Marine must've REALLY ****ed him off when he was a junior Naval officer. This is "pay back time".

Some Marine lieutenant probably kicked sand in his face and stole his girlfriend ...

He's doing Obama's bidding and smooching his ass with this integration bullshhit. Marine Corps and Navy leadership need to take a stand, but many of them don't want to be dismissed from the service like the other 300 officers since Obama became president.

Hammer
01-11-16, 09:25 PM
Here's the deal. Mabus was and is a member of the lucky sperm club! He is a big friend of Bill and Hilary Clinton; he was elected as State Auditor and Governor when Mississippi was predominately Democrat. He was one of the Key reasons, the state has transitioned to a Republican State. He was an Ambassador to Saudi, when his buddy Bill became President.

irpat54
01-12-16, 05:23 AM
He was an Ambassador to Saudi, when his buddy Bill became President.

to bad they didn't keep him...

Mongoose
01-12-16, 08:04 AM
It's been a long time since we have had a real man with a spine in the White House. The current Administration is filled with black radical and muslim puppets. A Government for the People is but a memory. Until there are real Americans holding positions that influence our Military, we are doomed to become a ho-hum Nation.

Rocky C
01-12-16, 08:29 AM
Rocky in 2020 :thumbup: :)

oldtop
01-12-16, 09:13 AM
the countdown to 01/2017 is ON... bozo is going to see just how much he can totally screw up this country and it's "revered institutions" before he gets the boot....and this idiot MABUS is in "lockstep" with him.....

Old Marine
01-12-16, 11:11 AM
I am very confident that the Seal Instructors and The Marine Drill Instructors will weed out anyone who cannot hack it. Problem solved.

Tennessee Top
01-12-16, 04:46 PM
Some Marine lieutenant probably kicked sand in his face and stole his girlfriend ...

He's doing Obama's bidding and smooching his ass with this integration bullshhit. Marine Corps and Navy leadership need to take a stand, but many of them don't want to be dismissed from the service like the other 300 officers since Obama became president.

Doubt Maybus has ever had a girlfriend in his life. That's one of his major malfunctions.

Rocky C
01-12-16, 05:14 PM
Hahahahahaha !!!

Hammer
01-13-16, 08:15 AM
Doubt Maybus has ever had a girlfriend in his life. That's one of his major malfunctions.

Top, he was married to real nice gal(Julie), an they have several children. Good kids. Mabus and Julie divorced while he was Governor. It was nasty; played out in the media.

NJS7x7
01-20-16, 01:52 PM
Definition of Man:

"c : a bipedal primate mammal (Homo sapiens) that is anatomically related to the great apes but distinguished especially by notable development of the brain with a resultant capacity for articulate speech and abstract reasoning, is usually considered to form a variable number of freely interbreeding races, and is the sole living representative of the hominid family; broadly : any living or extinct hominid"

aka: All humans. The word "man" doesn't automatically designate or exclude gender. Crewman can mean anyone. I guess we should take "man" out of "human" "woman" as well as other words such as "female". Since it has those words in it...

Rocky C
01-20-16, 02:27 PM
Now that's being real PC , lol

Baker1971
01-27-16, 02:30 PM
What the hell is wrong with his brain housing group this Mabus idiot ?

PJones64
01-27-16, 07:19 PM
He don't have a brain housing group Master Guns. He's null and void, and kind of girlie like from what I can tell.

2 Marine Mom
01-28-16, 01:19 AM
Ya know guys, I'm a womens libber, I'v done several things that were men only things, for a ling time. And maybe, years back, I'd say, Hell ya the girls should be allowed to do it all. But, as I'v lived my life, and become a MOM, I do NOT, WANT my DAUGHTER, in any of the things, ash butt, and the other no mind, are trying to force. The corp has been the greatest fighting force, for, over 200 yrs, obviously working correctly. Its not broke, yet!! but if they keep it up, it will be.

2 Marine Mom
01-28-16, 01:21 AM
AND, as for the bull**** about the standards, not being changed to make it easier, for us gals, my oldest marine, Justin, said it already had been, made easier.

SGT7477
01-28-16, 09:28 AM
The turn out won't be good, trying to change something that has worked for years makes no sense, oh well what can we do, Semper Fidelis?

brntsmth
01-28-16, 05:31 PM
His record speaks for itself....Just remember heaven gates are guarded by MARINES!!!!

2 Marine Mom
01-29-16, 12:07 AM
ya, but, we don't need to be sending more there, sooner than they need to be, because of stupid crap, like this. Im praying, someone, get a backbone, and a brain.