PDA

View Full Version : No winner for Powerball's historic lottery as jackpot surges to $1.3 billion

Rocky C
01-10-16, 10:50 AM
Caviar and champagne wishes were put on hold yet again early Sunday as the historic Powerball jackpot failed to produce the lucky the winner of a record-shattering $949.8 billion.

Left on the table Saturday was $949.8 million when no one claimed the numbers: 16, 19, 32, 34, 57 with a Powerball of 13.

The monumental Powerball jackpot will surge to $1.3 billion by the Multi-State Lottery Association’s 20th attempt on Wednesday.

The soaring prize was fueled by record ticket sales. The bigger prizes draw more players, who in turn make the jackpots even bigger.

With fever climbing Saturday, lottery players in the city and across the nation rushed to scoop up last-minute tickets.

“Everyone knows you can’t win, if you don’t play,” said James Smallwood, 51, after buying 31 tickets with his sister and mother at the Fordham Grocery and Convenience store in the Bronx. “In life, you have to take chances.”

Rocky C
01-10-16, 10:51 AM
I won 5 dollars :)

Kegler300
01-10-16, 04:24 PM
I spent $10.00 on my ticket ... I'll probably spend another $10.00 before Wednesday's drawing.

Big Boz
01-10-16, 06:12 PM
Did you hear about that schmuck who had all of the numbers correct, but bought the ticket for MegaMillions and not Powerball?

He only won 192 million. I wonder how hard he is kicking himself.

Kegler300
01-10-16, 06:14 PM
Probably not that hard ...

Gary W
01-10-16, 07:22 PM
So every time the Powerball, Illinois or Wisconsin lotteries get into the big numbers, i play. Never win, but because its sooooooo... much money I play. I know I am an idiot because every week its at least a few million dollars and i never play then. I could use the few million as much as the hundreds of million or in this case 1.3 billion. Obviously I get swept up in the "big money" hype just like most other Americans do.
Good luck!

Kegler300
01-10-16, 07:39 PM
Just like me. ;)

gkmoz
01-10-16, 07:44 PM
A friend (A Marine buddy) and I bought tickets together for the Ohio lottery w/ a jackpot of 20,000,000 we took lump sum.
He calls me the day after the drawing and says are you sitting down? I said yes sort of ( on the commode ) anyway? we had 5 out of the six numbers ! the last one 1 number off ! we end up collecting a lousy 1,200 bucks for the 5 #'s I figure that lowers my chances for winning the Powerball ! but I will buy a few tickets gotta try :)

Big Boz
01-10-16, 08:02 PM
So every time the Powerball, Illinois or Wisconsin lotteries get into the big numbers, i play. Good luck!

My theory was that it's usually someone who is from out of state at a gas station and figures "I'm picking up my snacks, might as well get a ticket too." So last week, I was going through Chicago and picked up a ticket. You all know how that theory played out.

This week, it's going to be if I get into the pool with the guys at work because I don't want to be the only one who has to show up on Thursday.

Rocky C
01-11-16, 07:26 AM
I'm throwing away a $20 bill today ;)

Old Marine
01-11-16, 09:40 AM
Since we do not have powerball here in Nevada, Nevadans are flocking to the Calif. state line to buy tickets. Me, I do not want to waste my gas or my dollars. Besides I hate standing in long lines.

Rocky C
01-11-16, 09:44 AM
Hahahahaha !!!

No worries Willie, if I win I got you covered Brother :thumbup: