PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question to those with experience

USMC 2141
01-09-16, 08:56 PM
I am at my MOS school right now and I graduate in mid-late April. My girlfriend plans on moving in the summer, about 2 months after I graduate my MOS school. I was wondering how likely it is that I would be able to take leave to help her move only about 2 months after getting to my duty station. I know obviously if it's in Hawaii or Japan that won't happen, but if I get stationed on the East or West coast, what are my chances of being able to take leave that shortly after graduating and getting to my duty station? For anyone that was wondering, my MOS is 2141 - AAV mechanic

USMC 2571
01-10-16, 08:32 AM
No idea about current policies, etc, someone will, hopefully, be along to help you with this question.

Rocky C
01-10-16, 08:50 AM
PFC M.

You might have chosen a username more wisely than that. Hopefully you will not be a PFC forever in the Marine Corps, or not....just sayin....

Your putting the cart before the horse. You don't even know where you are going to get stationed yet.

You just might end up in the middle coast, then what ?

See where you end up for a duty station and maybe you will only need a 48 or 96 hour pass instead of leave to make the move. She should be packing now.

USMC 2571
01-10-16, 08:50 AM
Just from a point of view of common sense, it would seem that if you do NOT take leave after the MOS school, then you might be able to go home when needed, but that will always be subject to the "needs of the Corps", just like choosing your MOS in the first place. But this is a "50 years ago prior active duty opinion".

Mongoose
01-10-16, 09:09 AM
I don't see any problem there. The Corps has always put Marines girlfriends moving as a high priority. I can't remember the Corps ever putting a Marines job above his commitment to his heart throb. In fact, I would ask for an extended leave so as to catch up on the many feel good things you have been missing. Also, be sure to ask your CO to apply all your sick day leave you've accumulated in the past few months, to your leave. You can even put in for a pay advance, in case she needs a little cash to help her move. Keep up the good work Marine.
P.S. I would ask your Battalion Commander if some of your Marine buddies could also go with you to help move your girl friend. You would be astonished at how compassionate they are. Good Luck.

m14ed
01-10-16, 01:31 PM
My girlfriend plans on moving in the summer,
2 months after I graduate my MOS school.

I was wondering -
how likely it is that I would be able to take leave
to help her move ????

I know obviously if -
it's in Hawaii or Japan that won't happen,
but if I get stationed on the East or West coast,
what are my chances of being able to take leave that shortly after graduating
and getting to my duty station?

For anyone that was wondering,
my MOS is 2141 - AAV mechanic

Marine - you leave a lot "Un-spoken"

IS she planning to "MOVE" near your next duty station _
if you stay CONUS ?
And the two of you "Co Mingle" ???

Pardon me for asking...
Your answer SWAYS the information that I would
offer.

IF no-one else has told you yet.....
The "Corps" comes first.
"Especially with Marines UNDER 4"

Kegler300
01-10-16, 04:23 PM
As a young PFC, you will be required to live in the barracks, so leave your girlfriend at home unless and until you get married.

SGT7477
01-10-16, 05:28 PM
Just don't let Jody get involved, Good Luck, Semper Fidelis.

Kegler300
01-10-16, 05:55 PM
Yep, good ol' ♪Jody's got your girl and gone♪.

USMC 2141
01-10-16, 07:14 PM
she is not moving in with me, I would just be helping her move

Tennessee Top
01-10-16, 07:15 PM
Do you plan on marrying this girl?

Kegler300
01-10-16, 07:18 PM
You're making a big mistake if you do. But who are we to tell you what to do ...

devilbones2
01-13-16, 06:47 PM
Just marry your girl and get out of the barracks. You will thank me later.