PDA

View Full Version : Step by step process...

Lifter25
01-01-16, 09:52 PM
Has anyone here gone from a non Infantry mos to lat move to reconnaissance Marine? I am curious about the steps of training that I ( a pog ) would have to go through if I was to lat move to reconnaissance. Would I have to re do all of SOI with the rifleman package? Or would I go straight to MART platoon?

Thanks alot.

Mongoose
01-02-16, 07:32 AM
The best Marine I know to answer that question is Mitch ( Hammer 3 ).

Rocky C
01-02-16, 07:49 AM
There seems to be a problem here Marine.

You Join the forum here less than 30 days ago and post this the other day.

A normal day question...

Morning gentlemen. I would like to know what to expect in a few weeks when I get to my first duty station as a 3521 Motor T mechanic. I joined the Marine Corps to serve my country, PT and shoot guns and so far I have been pretty disappointed. I'm hoping that I will be able to go on some field operations and learn more cool stuff.

Thanks everyone.

Dozens of Marines take the time to answer your questions. Then a few days later you post this.

Marine Security Guard ......

Hello gentlemen, I have asked all around Camp Lejune, and not many people seem to know the entire process of becoming a MSG. Does anyone here have a minute to walk me through the entire process? I am a 3521 Motor T mechanic waiting to graduate mos school here in North Carolina, but I want to do MSG more than anything I have wanted before. What is the pt like? I lift weights every day of the week except Thursday and I am pretty strong but still run a good 19:45 three Mile. Thanks again

Dozens more Marines take the time to answer your questions again.

Then yesterday you post this.

Step by step process.....

Has anyone here gone from a non Infantry mos to lat move to reconnaissance Marine? I am curious about the steps of training that I ( a pog ) would have to go through if I was to lat move to reconnaissance. Would I have to re do all of SOI with the rifleman package? Or would I go straight to MART platoon?

You are not a Wannabee or a Poolee. You are a United States Marine that just graduated school on his way to his first duty station.

What seems to be the problem Marine ???

And at long last, you are posting in an open forum for all types of members with all of your questions.

You should be posting in a Marine Forum here.

I guess you didn't see or read or just dismissed the PM I sent you so I am posting here so you will see it.

Lifter25
01-02-16, 08:20 AM
My bad Sir I didn't know if there was a limit on the number of questions that was allowed. Thanks

Rocky C
01-02-16, 09:01 AM
My Bad ? What does that mean ?

There is no limit. You seem to be all over the place on your decision to become a United States Marine and what your duties entail.

SGT7477
01-02-16, 11:05 AM
Well Rocky it looks like the Marine Corps has rained on his parade, he just isn't happy, Suck it up and Serve doesn't apply to him, Semper Fidelis.

Rocky C
01-02-16, 11:12 AM
I guess not Ronnie.

I actually had to look up that word phrase. I'm not happy about the response :evilgrin:

My bad 

(n.) A combination of an apology and a dismissal. Basically, saying "oh yeah, I did that, but I don't care".

Persons of an older generation can find this quite annoying to hear when expecting an actual apology.

"Hey, you spilled my Coke all over me!"

"Oh. My bad."

"#@%$!"

SGT7477
01-02-16, 11:18 AM
You got that right Rocky,lol, the new generation, maybe I will end with MY BAD,NOT, But with Semper Fidelis.

Rocky C
01-02-16, 06:01 PM
I have to buy the Urban dictionary to figure out what these kids are actually saying today.

YO, lol...

Tennessee Top
01-02-16, 08:05 PM
Sounds like he is bored and has too much time on his hands to me. Somebody in his shop needs to hand him a wrench and tell him to get busy.

Thought we told him once already only grunts can become RECON Marines. But maybe, that was somebody else. All of this needed to be taken care of BEFORE signing that enlistment contract. The cat is out of the bag now.

silverdollar
01-03-16, 06:32 AM
Does that mean that recon dosen`t use security guards?

Mongoose
01-03-16, 07:32 AM
I think Blooper is the Marine to chime in at this point. I think Bloop served with Gunny Highway's Recon Battalion at Granada. Gunny Highway taught Bloop all the ropes of Recon, he had learned from Heartbreak Ridge.

Tennessee Top
01-03-16, 01:17 PM
All MOS's serve on MSG duty including POG's, grunts, and RECON Marines. I had a RECON Marine in my MSG detachment in Port au Prince, Haiti.

And no, RECON does not use security guards. Do you even know what their mission is?

MunkyVsRobot
01-03-16, 04:36 PM
They have recruiters for a reason go talk to a Recon recruiter. Step by Step process come on now do your own friggin work.

You graduated boot in september 2015 holy crap wash the MCRD out of your cammies before you come in asking how to lat move into a new MOS you havent even hit the fleet yet to do any mos.

m14ed
01-04-16, 02:47 AM
01-02-16, 09:20 AM #4 (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?121445-Step-by-step-process&p=1000538&viewfull=1#post1000538)
Lifter25 (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/member.php?118232-Lifter25)
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images/leatherneck/statusicon/user-offline.png
Marine
" My bad Sir " I didn't know if there was a limit on the number of questions that was allowed. Thanks

Yesterday, 05:36 PM #14 (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?121445-Step-by-step-process&p=1000587&viewfull=1#post1000587)

MunkyVsRobot (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/member.php?82536-MunkyVsRobot)
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images/leatherneck/statusicon/user-offline.png
Marine
They have recruiters for a reason go talk to a Recon recruiter. Step by Step process come on now do your own friggin work.

You graduated boot in september 2015 holy crap wash the MCRD out of your cammies before you come in asking how to lat move into a new MOS you havent even hit the fleet yet to do any mos.
............. ................. ................... .................. ............. .............

Gotta love the "kids of today" -
Give 'um hell monk...

ROCK , he did say, "MyBad- Sir".......

Mongoose
01-04-16, 07:12 AM
" My Bad " ........definitive phrase, used by the liberated youthful mind of the " hip Hop " generation. A disguised term, used to confuse those with common sense and traditional upbringing. A verbal term used to create a border between normal communication and babbling idiots. "Quoted from the dictionary of Mongoose".

Rocky C
01-04-16, 07:36 AM
I need to get me one of those books Billy ;) That was great.

Your right Ed, he did say " Sir " lol.

silverdollar
01-04-16, 08:25 AM
All MOS's serve on MSG duty including POG's, grunts, and RECON Marines. I had a RECON Marine in my MSG detachment in Port au Prince, Haiti.

And no, RECON does not use security guards. Do you even know what their mission is?

My bad Top.

Rocky C
01-04-16, 01:03 PM
Hahahahahah !!!