PDA

View Full Version : A weird feeling this morning

Big Boz
12-23-15, 10:15 PM
I am headed to work and grab my phone to text my son and wish him a Merry Christmas, knowing that he can't come home until New Years. I look at the time, realize that it is Wednesday before a 96 and think "He is probably at some big company PT and will secure early so I can call him later" and put my phone down.

About 5 minutes later I get a call from him. Turns out he was at company PT and had a little bad news.

This is what it is supposed to look like.

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29362&stc=1

This is what it looked like after going down while playing rugby.

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29363&stc=1http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29364&stc=1

Broken fibula that needed a plate and pins. So much for him being included in My daughter's wedding on Jan 2nd.

Big Boz
12-23-15, 10:17 PM
He's will find out tomorrow when he starts his convalescent leave.

Rocky C
12-24-15, 09:33 AM
OUCH that looks like it hurts. Things happen for a reason in life, Sad news but he will be home a lot longer brother for everyone to enjoy his company.

He can still be in his sisters wedding, wheel him around :)

I hope he heals perfectly and doesn't get a MEDSEP.

Prayers for a full recovery outbound.

Tell him Rocky said Merry Christmas and Semper Fi !!!

joseywales
12-24-15, 09:50 AM
My son fractured his wrist but I forgot to post the xrays, and it shows the wrist from several different angles, too. I'll try to find em.

joseywales
12-24-15, 10:11 AM
http://www.leatherneck.com/gallery/files/8/3/0/8/7/vvvvvv.png

Baker1971
12-24-15, 11:02 AM
I broke my tail bone. Looking for the xrays now.

I hope he heals without a limp....

Marine1011
12-24-15, 01:39 PM
Xrays, if you got em, post em!

Big Boz
12-24-15, 02:46 PM
He can still be in his sisters wedding, wheel him around :)

I hope he heals perfectly and doesn't get a MEDSEP.

Prayers for a full recovery outbound.

Tell him Rocky said Merry Christmas and Semper Fi !!!

He was supposed to be one of the ushers.

The boy has been balls to the walls since he could walk. I told him that maybe it's God's way of telling him that he needs to slow down. Because the speeding tickets sure haven't had any effect.

Tennessee Top
12-24-15, 07:06 PM
My niece broke her fibula/ankle and got a metal plate/screws too. Going through rehab now but it's looking more-and-more like a medical discharge. She's thinking she'll be out by this coming April....

Mongoose
12-27-15, 08:06 AM
I remember in ITR, we were humping those big azz hills out in Hollywood. I lost my footing and tumbled about 600 ft. to the bottom. I broke both legs, one arm, 2 ribs, and my collar bone. I thought I was on my way out for sure. However, while I was in the Hospital, the Battalion Commander came to see me. He said that while he was sorry for what happened,but, it actually was a blessing in disguise. He told me Viet Nam had lots of big hills also. He said now, with my experience with bad azz hills, I would be a great asset to the Corps. Said when I wasn't on an Operation, I could teach fellow Grunts the do's and do not's of hill maneuvering. I left for Nam the next day, while still in a body cast. They took my casts off after 3 weeks. The Navy Doc's said they should have stayed on for 6 to 8 weeks, but the Corps said I would have plenty of time to heal after I got back from Nam. God Bless the Corps.

Rocky C
12-27-15, 08:44 AM
What a Marine !!!

Any X Rays Billy ?

irpat54
12-27-15, 10:22 AM
prayer outbound for a full recovery as well..

kaelobo
12-28-15, 06:46 PM
Hope the hand heals...
Billy .....💪

Big Boz
12-28-15, 10:10 PM
Well, he is cleared to fly on the 31st. Supposed to start convalescent leave as well. He has an appt. on the 5th to get stitches removed and a permanent cast. Physical therapy should start in 10 weeks. Now, to find him some zip off leg pants so that he doesn't have to wear sweatpants to the wedding.

Big Boz
12-28-15, 10:11 PM
Xrays, if you got em, post em!

Didn't like the X-ray pic I sent you? LOL

Rocky C
12-29-15, 07:51 AM
Well, he is cleared to fly on the 31st. Supposed to start convalescent leave as well. He has an appt. on the 5th to get stitches removed and a permanent cast. Physical therapy should start in 10 weeks. Now, to find him some zip off leg pants so that he doesn't have to wear sweatpants to the wedding.

Wedding Shorts ? lol. They have those Velcro running trousers too. Sgt Grit has them, overnight shipping.

Mongoose
12-29-15, 08:17 AM
In May of 68, 2 AK rounds hit me in my lower right arm. Blew out about 8 in. of bone, along with muscle and tendons. I was sent back to the states to Philly Naval Hospital, where they removed bone out of my hip, to replace the missing bone in my arm. They attached everything together with a long steel bracket with screws. The first go round didn't work right. So, they did it all again. All together I had 3 surgeries over a 6 month period. I was on a ward with Marines that had missing legs, arms, or both. Other wards had Marines that had lost part of their organs. I was one of the lucky ones. Thing is, I never heard one Marine cry about his injury. Most only worried about their brothers they left behind. My point is.....anytime we think we have it bad.....we are actually lucky not to be one of those who really has it bad.

Big Boz
12-30-15, 03:29 PM
Wedding Shorts ? lol.

We are going to zip off just the one leg. And for pictures, I think we can angle him just right to hide the gimpy leg. We told him that he can ride in the lap of the groom's mother who uses a wheelchair most of the time.

Mongoose
12-30-15, 04:32 PM
I hope you and your son will get through this tragic event without getting PTSD.

USMC 2571
12-30-15, 05:02 PM
Amazing.

Rocky C
12-30-15, 06:34 PM
We are going to zip off just the one leg. And for pictures, I think we can angle him just right to hide the gimpy leg. We told him that he can ride in the lap of the groom's mother who uses a wheelchair most of the time.

Hope she doesn't get too excited LOL.
Might turn into a double wedding.

m14ed
12-31-15, 02:11 AM
We are going to zip off just the one leg.
And for pictures, I think we can angle him just right
to hide the gimpy leg.
We told him that he can ride in the lap of the groom's mother
who uses a wheelchair most of the time.

You could have the grooms mother ride in "HIS LAP" in
the wheelchair ???

Years later , the stories ,laughs, and memories will
be re-told with fondness and perhaps a blush or two ?
AND you'd have pictures for evidence .......

Big Boz
01-10-16, 04:18 PM
The ceremony was beautiful and the reception was the most fun I have had in a long time. The Deacon was the most nervous about my son on crutches.
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29421&stc=1http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29422&stc=1

joseywales
01-10-16, 06:58 PM
Any of y'all heard of the new singing group, just came out with their latest CD, Little Boz and the X-Rays?

Mongoose
01-11-16, 07:28 AM
Dave, is that the group I saw on MTV last week? They were showing off their new video and song. It showed a Marine in dress blues, on crutches, singing their new release " I have a Bone to pick with you ".

Rocky C
01-11-16, 08:06 AM
Now that was funny :)

Great Pictures Boz !!!