PDA

View Full Version : Do you want to get back in?

Tennessee Top
11-25-15, 04:26 AM
Some good news for a change for Prior Service Marines looking to reenlist.

The USMC is looking to let 300 Prior Service Marines back in this fiscal year (began on Oct 1st). Various MOS's are needed but the most critical are infantry, intelligence, and aviation maintenance. Only those who got out at the end of their enlistment are eligible (no TERA/VSP early outs). Reenlistment bonuses will be paid to those eligible MOS's and lateral moves will be considered.

See your Prior Service Recruiter ASAP. Once these 300 positions are gone they're gone. MARADMIN 481/15 is the resource.

irpat54
11-25-15, 05:50 AM
where do I sign,, lol,,, I can lie about my age and get a fake ID and color my hair and put on past to cover my wrinkles...

USMC 2571
11-25-15, 05:52 AM
I'll vouch for you, Pat, if verification is needed (for a fee)

USMC 2571
11-25-15, 05:53 AM
Top, this is surprising news, as for years now, prior service folks were told, hey, we're taking new guys only. Thanks for posting this.

irpat54
11-25-15, 05:53 AM
I'll vouch for you, Pat, if verification is needed (for a fee)

thanks, I need all the help I can get..

USMC 2571
11-25-15, 05:56 AM
The fee is non refundable, of course, and is due up front, even if you don't decide to pursue this, that way at least one of us comes out ahead.

irpat54
11-25-15, 06:01 AM
The fee is non refundable, of course, and is due up front, even if you don't decide to pursue this, that way at least one of us comes out ahead.

ROFL.. okay got it..

USMC 2571
11-25-15, 06:11 AM
Top, I wish we could somehow reach out retroactively to the tons of Marines who have asked if they could possibly get back in the Corps, and we all said, accurately, probably not.

advanced
11-25-15, 08:37 AM
Since I have no wrinkles and still have my athletic abilities all I need is a waver for my beard and long hair. I always wanted to be in the infantry that drives you around instead of having to hump everywhere. And I could get used to hot chow and movies at night and sleeping in a nice rack. Also, how do the mamasons look? Come to think of it, I also need a waver for my beer ration.<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/40eba16e/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

Tennessee Top
11-25-15, 09:47 AM
Believe they cut a little deeper and quicker in a few MOS's than intended which is no surprise. They are getting closer to that final 182,000 number and doing a little tweaking now.

Also, more first term Marines than expected have signaled their intentions of getting out. Mostly because, they are not doing what they signed up to do - mainly deploy somewhere. They are not loving garrison life - and all the petty rules that come along with it.

Tennessee Top
11-25-15, 09:50 AM
Top, I wish we could somehow reach out retroactively to the tons of Marines who have asked if they could possibly get back in the Corps, and we all said, accurately, probably not.

Don't know if it's necessary to make this post a sticky so it can remain visible to our Prior Service population for the next 90 days or so (till the 300 slots are gone). Just a thought.

MunkyVsRobot
11-25-15, 02:26 PM
Im hoping that with the Corps hurting to retain bodies they will have more boat spaces for FY 17

Tennessee Top
11-25-15, 04:57 PM
Same thing we tell the wannabes all the time. Who knows. You'll just have to cross that bridge when you get to it Devil. Nothing is certain anymore. By that time, you may increase your odds if you become a female Marine. lol

Will you be looking at your required "B" billet around that time (what direction are you leaning towards)?

Kegler300
11-25-15, 05:22 PM
Good news for prior service Marines who are looking for an opportunity to reenlist. Sticky this post somewhere where any who visit this site are likely to see.

MunkyVsRobot
11-25-15, 05:36 PM
Same thing we tell the wannabes all the time. Who knows. You'll just have to cross that bridge when you get to it Devil. Nothing is certain anymore. By that time, you may increase your odds if you become a female Marine. lol

Will you be looking at your required "B" billet around that time (what direction are you leaning towards)?

Tell me about it luckily I just found out I am Tier 2. Tiers 1 and 2 get duty station preference I am trying to go to the 0261 school house next and then assuming I get promoted to Staff there I want to volunteer for MSG duty.

mexbearlll
11-25-15, 09:35 PM
Well , The Grandkids said 'Nope' and I can't get them to sign My waiver no matter what . LOL

Rocky C
11-26-15, 09:06 AM
Hahahahaaha.

Great Thread Top !

29palms
11-26-15, 09:45 AM
Aviation Maintenance? Been doing that for over 20 years. Do you think I have enough experience? Obviously, I'm too old to go back in the Corps. So I know the Marine Corps doesn't want me anymore, however, the knife cuts both ways too.

In order for me to make the money I make now, I would have to be somewhere in the officer ranks with several years in service. I haven't checked out the pay scales lately, I'm sure the salaries today in the USMC would blow me out of the water, but I doubt anyone here would disagree that joining the Marine Corps is all about the money. Right?