PDA

View Full Version : Sh*t Drill Instructors Say

LitLover84
11-17-15, 03:23 PM
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=29232&stc=1

I walked into my office for office hours this afternoon and saw this book lying on my desk, waiting for me. One of my friends gave it to me as a "just 'cause" gift. Admittedly, it's from an Army point of view as there's not a Marine version (that I know of, anyway). Funny, though. . .in the book's intro, they mention R. Lee Ermy as a person who made DS's famous through Full Metal Jacket, even though he was a DI.

Read through it a bit and love it so far. It's hilarious, profane, and hilariously profane. I've had a crappy last week or so, and this made my day.

Mongoose
11-17-15, 06:03 PM
My platoon Commander once told me while we were marching, that I marched like I was back in Texas, in a pasture kicking cow shet around.

LitLover84
11-17-15, 07:12 PM
Haha! Nice, Mongoose. Great visual.

Old Marine
11-17-15, 07:31 PM
Had a Pvt. in one of my Platoon's who could not march at all. We named him Gomer and whenever the Platoon went anywhere we made him sneak to where we were going by hiding behind the palm trees along the parade deck. Whenever we went to any classes he was to sneak behind the platoon and report to the Drill Instructor when he arrived at the class.

wswartzendruber
11-17-15, 08:20 PM
The day before initial drill evaluation, my heavy hat came up to me and said, "Hey, thing, how are you feeling?"

* WTF?! *

"Eh...the recruit is feeling well, sir?"

"Bull****, thing! You're feeling sick. In fact, you're feeling so ****ing sick, that you're going to go to sick call tomorrow. You're not going to the drill evaluation, thing!!!"

Meh, I skipped sick call and went to drill anyway. My platton (G CO, 2018, PI) won first place.

However, he was right in that I was always a drill klutz.

Rocky C
12-17-15, 10:35 AM
Hahahahahaha

Big Boz
12-23-15, 10:23 PM
During drill, I hear one of my DI's yell

"WHAT!!!! SMITH!!! YOU'VE NEVER SEEN A FLYING F***ING WHALE BEFORE? EVERYBODY LOOK UP NOW!!!!"

Sure enough... a big jet painted like Shamu had just taken off.