PDA

View Full Version : Marsoc

PFCRamirez
11-09-15, 03:32 PM
where do A &S MARSOC candidates feel they have the most trouble with as they undergo the Indoc?

FoxtrotOscar
11-09-15, 04:15 PM
WATER WORK.. it's been many of the failures over the years...

Marines are Aquatic, or so you would think....

2nd, Mental ability to just not quit...!!!

PFCRamirez
11-09-15, 06:32 PM
spoke to one of the nco's whose got the package for it, told me the same; afraid of water is many of the phobias for those going through, decent swimmer but going to practice and keep a level headed state see if I start the package towards the end of my enlistment

Big Boz
11-09-15, 07:42 PM
2nd, Mental ability to just not quit...!!!

I spent a few months as the Radio Repairman at 1st Force Recon and was the pick up driver for some Indocs. After the hike, and just before the interviews, everyone was in formation and told to gear up as they were going to do the hike again. Some refused....they were done. Some hesitated....they were done. Some ****ed and moaned just loud enough to get the wrong attention, and they were done.

Those that simply geared up, got the order to right face and step out, made a left turn around the back side of the building, were halted, and given the command to fall out and get cleaned up for their interviews. They were the ones who were willing to do whatever it took, without question.

josephd
11-09-15, 10:15 PM
where do A &S MARSOC candidates feel they have the most trouble with as they undergo the Indoc?

I wouldn't worry much about the physical part(swimming, hiking, etc.). I would worry more about the interview, background check, and board. This process is almost identical to 0211(counter intel/humuan intel). They are gonna dig deep into your past, pull up some things you don't even know about/remember, and try to catch you in a lie. I hope you have clean credit and no skeletons in your closet.

josephd
11-09-15, 10:16 PM
There are 2 phases of A&S, the first is to prepare you for the second. If you make it through the first your solid for the second.

PFCRamirez
11-10-15, 10:44 AM
Whatever it takes is always in the right like your shared incite, still have years to prepare if choose to follow this path, young and with a family ambitious to do it all but priority overrules

PFCRamirez
11-10-15, 10:48 AM
skeletons in the closet hope aren't there if I do choose this path nd make it to the interview, **** I don't remember my childhood none the less what my family might have done to run the risk of me becoming an operator

josephd
11-10-15, 08:16 PM
is anyone in your family an immigrant?.....and you said you have family/kids?....both will hinder your opportunity

I am not trying to discourage you at all, just give you some insight into what is involved in the process. It is a long and extremely difficult application, screening, and training process at which you could be dropped from at any time for any reason.

PFCRamirez
11-10-15, 08:36 PM
not discouraged at all and from those I've spoken to say they are hurting for operators, the package shouldn't be all to hard if that's the case but then again the Corps. changes all so often

josephd
11-10-15, 08:42 PM
not discouraged at all and from those I've spoken to say they are hurting for operators, the package shouldn't be all to hard if that's the case but then again the Corps. changes all so often

they are but that is right now and there is a big push of alot of Marines(reserve, active, and prior) using MARSOC as their in to get back in the Corps. Also as hurting as they may be they are not going to take someone into their community that could potentially hurt their tempo.

Not trying to toot my own horn here or anything but I thought i wouldve been perfect for MARSOC....I didn't get selected...just sayin..

PFCRamirez
11-10-15, 10:12 PM
How come? they had enough operators or just the process is that rigorous

FoxtrotOscar
11-11-15, 08:24 AM
"SELECTIVITY" is always a luxury...

In response to the ORIGINAL question, during Indoc the biggest part of failures is "SWIMMING", many think they can swim, but most barely understand even the basic techniques....

2nd is always that "MENTAL" portion... "Don't ever give up"......

Now, get your ass over to a pool and speak with a swim instructor, many are more than willing to teach, and teach correctly...

The mental part is all up to the individual...

FO...

FistFu68
11-11-15, 09:48 AM
Hot Dogs need not Apply...Get Your Mind Right...until then the Only High Octane Snoopin & Poopin your gonna be doing is on X-Box

PFCRamirez
11-11-15, 12:05 PM
"SELECTIVITY" is always a luxury...

In response to the ORIGINAL question, during Indoc the biggest part of failures is "SWIMMING", many think they can swim, but most barely understand even the basic techniques....

2nd is always that "MENTAL" portion... "Don't ever give up"......

Now, get your ass over to a pool and speak with a swim instructor, many are more than willing to teach, and teach correctly...

The mental part is all up to the individual...

FO...

ill take this advice to further better any weaknesses that can postpone getting in if able to do so

PFCRamirez
11-11-15, 12:13 PM
Hot Dogs need not Apply...Get Your Mind Right...until then the Only High Octane Snoopin & Poopin your gonna be doing is on X-Box
Funny you say so for the only game console I owned was my cousins GameCube... the individual that does it not video play besides madden and NBA 2K in the college days

josephd
11-11-15, 10:01 PM
How come? they had enough operators or just the process is that rigorous

Both, I'm sure in the next year or two they will stop actively recruiting for potential operator candidates when they hit the number they want and the application, interview, clearance check, and A&S are that rigorous....

Once you get to A&S(both of them) you've already been vetted pretty well, at that point the instructors/recruiters want to keep you as long as you can keep up physically.

MARSOC is NOT recon/force recon, yes you need to be in stellar physical shape but MARSOC wants Marines that are educated, sound morals/conscience, and can think critically. As an operator you will be working in a team of Marines where rank really doesn't matter, you will be expected to make decisions even if you're considered the most junior Marine. Likewise if you are the most junior Marine and you have an idea on how to accomplish a mission more efficiently, more effective, or safer you are expected to voice that idea to your team mates. MARSOC does not want "trigger puller" or "yes men" that blindly follow orders.

PFCRamirez
11-12-15, 11:13 AM

Funny you say so the only game console I've owned was my cousin's GameCube.... The individual who does it not play it besides madden nd NBA 2k back in college