PDA

View Full Version : Staff Sergeant

josephd
11-05-15, 09:47 PM
MARADMIN 555/15 posted last night. I officially fall in zone for selection to Staff Sergeant in February.

Working on my package as I type this in another browser. Just got to get a new official picture taken and I will be ready.

Looking forward to pinning on that rocker next year!

silveradomick
11-06-15, 08:19 AM
You know when you see that rocker on you gotta turn in all your common sense at supply, right?

Just kidding bro. Good for you, and good luck!

chulaivet1966
11-06-15, 09:05 AM
Excellent!
Hope you get that 'rocker'.

Back to it....

irpat54
11-06-15, 10:11 AM
awesome,, great for you.. :thumbup:

josephd
11-06-15, 03:10 PM
You know when you see that rocker on you gotta turn in all your common sense at supply, right?

Just kidding bro. Good for you, and good luck!

oh yeah, I know....that's pretty much happened already, that rocker is just hardware.

USMC 2571
11-06-15, 04:43 PM
That's good news, Joe. Congratulations in advance. I remember some of the big jumps, so to speak, in rank structure, way back when. LCpl to Cpl, Cpl to Sgt, Sgt to SSgt--those were, in my era, significant promotions.

josephd
11-06-15, 04:49 PM
That's good news, Joe. Congratulations in advance. I remember some of the big jumps, so to speak, in rank structure, way back when. LCpl to Cpl, Cpl to Sgt, Sgt to SSgt--those were, in my era, significant promotions.

They all are/were to me too....I more than earned each along the way. Honestly though, SSgt will be the easiest one as all I have done(besides the required PME, Sgts Course) is do what I know how to do by being a leader not only to my junior Marines but also some of my peers and leaders of mine.

Kegler300
11-06-15, 05:29 PM
Just let us know when and where the wet down is.
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-eatdrink055.gif

madsox
11-09-15, 03:18 PM
Congrats in advance, brother! I know promotions are getting tougher these days, so that's something to celebrate. Like Kegs said, let us know when the wet-down is -- and if you need anyone to pin that on for you, we can probably find a volunteer or two around here...

:beer:

josephd
11-09-15, 10:18 PM
Congrats in advance, brother! I know promotions are getting tougher these days, so that's something to celebrate. Like Kegs said, let us know when the wet-down is -- and if you need anyone to pin that on for you, we can probably find a volunteer or two around here...

:beer:

haha thanks.....I got two already that will be coming out to pin me....an old friend from college who is now a Major and a 1st Sgt I've known since the beginning of my career(a Sgt at the time).

MunkyVsRobot
11-10-15, 09:08 AM
Good to hear, do you still plan on trying to go Officer?

josephd
11-10-15, 10:41 AM
Good to hear, do you still plan on trying to go Officer?

Nope...the OSO here basically shut me down on that, that's fine...working in a few other things that will get me doing some other things

advanced
11-10-15, 10:53 AM
Getting rank was easy for me, all I had to do was still be standing when we ran out of NCO's. Those were the days.<script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/24ccd4e1/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

josephd
11-10-15, 10:55 AM
Hahaha...I know I shouldnt laugh because it's really not funny but the way I read it....

advanced
11-10-15, 12:03 PM
Right or wrong, that's the way promotions worked for much of our history before our current pc era. <script type="text/javascript" src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/24ccd4e1/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js"></script>

m14ed
11-10-15, 01:09 PM
Hahaha...
I know I shouldn't laugh

because it's really not funny
buy the way I read it....

Seems like yesterday, joseph as a wannabe,
Dave Blaylock and me yacking in the chat room....
Now look- - - -

Congratulations Joseph/ early or not
SemperFidelis Young Brother