PDA

View Full Version : If you get promoted to SGT whithin 90 days or few days more (93) befo

RDio
10-27-15, 07:54 PM
If you get promoted to SGT whithin 90 days or few days more (93) before OCT 1st are you required to fill a FiTREP? I understand if you are short of 90 days a non-oberseved is to be filled out by your RO. I also understand a non-oberserved FITREP is something you do not want in you OMPF. My RO is suggesting a NON- Observed because he has not has sufficiant time workining with me. I asked around and was told by a marine that recently went to SGT course that you are not required to do a Fit Rep when just promoted to SGT. In fact what is required are a last pair of pros and con. I am on the Reserve side now and I am looking for the order on this and am having trouble finding somethin on it. I would very much appreciate any light you can shine on the matter gents.

Respectfully
RDIo

josephd
10-28-15, 12:10 AM
wrong, you do want a fit-rep, even if non-observed, for that time frame otherwise you will have a date gap....in a few years when you up for Staff that date gap will get your package thrown out basically

josephd
10-28-15, 12:19 AM
your 1st Sgt, CO, RS, and RO are the ultimate authority on this though, I would reach out to one of them. I wouldn't take advice from another Sgt(even myself) as we are not experts on the matter. If your command gives you bad gouge it is also ultimately on them not you

Tennessee Top
10-28-15, 04:01 PM
I would also add, the I-I Admin Chief has access to the order and can let you see the appropriate paragraph/explain it to you. At least, I did when I was the I-I Admin Chief. I never considered something like that going out of the reserve chain of command. Assisting reservists is the mission of the I-I Staff in the first place.

I also agree with joseph about gaps in reporting periods - you can't have any (even if it means having a not-observed report, the entire reporting period must be covered).

Good luck.

MunkyVsRobot
10-30-15, 06:33 AM
Im coming at this from the active side but I thought that fitreps were for change of RS or annually in March? im aware of the occasions but October 1 as nothing to do with anything

Tennessee Top
10-30-15, 10:13 AM
Long time since I was an I-I Admin Chief (mid-80's). Many of the rules are different on the reserve side. No way am I going to remember the different rules regarding fitness reports. The OP will just have to research the appropriate paragraph in the order and take it from there.

josephd
10-30-15, 01:24 PM
Im coming at this from the active side but I thought that fitreps were for change of RS or annually in March? im aware of the occasions but October 1 as nothing to do with anything

The code used is up to the RS/RO...on the reserve side we do our "annual" on Oct 1 which is the start of the FY. Our code for this years(and last years too actually) was CH(change of reporting senior) but gets entered in for the annual time period.

The codes can be whatever the RS/RO decide it to be really as long as the dates match and there isn't any gaps. Like Top pointed out in the reserves its a bit different.