PDA

View Full Version : What separates MARSOC from Rangers equipment wise?

PFCRamirez
10-19-15, 12:42 AM
had read from another Marine that the army gets about 34 percent of the budget compared to the Corps. With a percentage of about 4 percent. Whether this is true I know the army has more advanced equipment does this include for the special forces side as well?

LCPL1341
10-19-15, 09:27 AM
That's a tough question to answer. As far as "heard from another Marine" goes; I'd probably double check those figures from a verifiable source before believing them. I'm just saying, some dude in the barracks isn't exactly connected with the Pentagon's budget management folks.

Tennessee Top
10-19-15, 10:30 AM
It's true the USMC, as a whole, gets the smallest slice of the defense budget pie (because it's the smallest service). We have always had to get by with less and are accustomed to getting everyone's leftovers. Marines are notorious for stealing what they need from the Army and Navy.

When it comes to MARSOC and Army Rangers however, I believe SOCOM may have it's own budget as it's a joint command made up of all the services. Special Operations receives a lot of attention these days so I'm willing to bet it's funded adequately. Don't know for sure. Good question. Normally not easy to find answers about SOCOM - as it should be.

PFCRamirez
10-19-15, 10:54 AM
the numbers given by the marine, was making his case towards his competitor via the Internet but that was just to show that we do get the less of everything

PFCRamirez
10-19-15, 11:25 AM
Master Sergeant I agree

Apache
10-19-15, 06:25 PM
Marines have always been expected to locate whatever they need
SOF. Marines intensify this pattern

josephd
10-19-15, 07:12 PM
You can't compare the two really....different branches, different missions, etc, etc....and MARSOCs budget doesn't come from that small cut the Corps gets....MARSOC gets funding from SOCOM directly from DoD

Old Marine
10-20-15, 09:41 AM
When it comes to the budget, the Marine Corps as a whole has always been like the red headed stepchild to the Army budget.However the Marine Corps seems to always make due with what they get.:evilgrin:

thegimprider
10-20-15, 01:25 PM
We alway got more of the green weeny ooh rah

FistFu68
10-21-15, 02:49 PM
Bayonet Lugs on our Rifles & ShotGuns + the Wood Handled E-Tools...Mess w/the Best Die like the Rest...Git Sum Sempers