PDA

View Full Version : In regs tattoo documentation?

alktre1
10-10-15, 03:36 PM
I've got two tattoo's both were before I joined the Marines and are within regulations (forearm tattoo that can be covered with hand and the other is upper right arm, that doesn't show in PT gear). My question is do I still need to get them documented as a pg.11 even though according to the most recent MARADMIN (029/10) I'm within regulation and the only call for documentation is the out of regulation ones, for "grandfathering" purposes? There is a conflicting message in a MARADMIN released late last year (575/14) pertaining to PME schools and mandating that all tattoos that are visible being documented and references MARADMIN 029/10 to which that is not stated. Thank you for any advice and help with this question.

alktre1
10-10-15, 04:06 PM
I should also add that I am pending a re-enlistment, which is a concern for me as far as tattoos. I have been selected to SSgt, recommended all through the chain of command and am a tier-1 Marine. Thanks again for any guidance on this issue.

josephd
10-10-15, 07:01 PM
you should talk with your CSR, I know a new message just came out concerning tattoos and reenlistment..my CSR passed it down to all the Plt. Sgts to pass on to our Marines..I don't have it anymore otherwise I would tell you whats up

alktre1
10-10-15, 08:08 PM
Thanks for the info. I think I may know what you are talking about. Our CSR has said that all Marines requesting permission to re-enlist must have photos of their tattoo's submited. That's something I didn't have to do last re-enlistment if I remember correctly. I've got some friends that are being heavily scrutinized for their tattoo's and trying to re-enlist.

josephd
10-11-15, 01:52 AM
Thanks for the info. I think I may know what you are talking about. Our CSR has said that all Marines requesting permission to re-enlist must have photos of their tattoo's submited. That's something I didn't have to do last re-enlistment if I remember correctly. I've got some friends that are being heavily scrutinized for their tattoo's and trying to re-enlist.

no problem....all my guys are being put through the ringer trying to stay in

joseywales
10-11-15, 09:00 AM
everyone reading this, make sure you get plenty of tats like everyone else is doing, just so you can be a follower, then you can worry about regs and reenlistment later. As long as you jump on the bandwagon now and do what everyone else is doing, that's all you should care about.

Tennessee Top
10-11-15, 05:08 PM
The latest edition of the Marine Corps Times has an article about the high number of Marines indicating they do not intend to reenlist (for myriad reasons - including peacetime BS like the current tattoo policy).

josephd
10-11-15, 06:54 PM
The latest edition of the Marine Corps Times has an article about the high number of Marines indicating they do not intend to reenlist (for myriad reasons - including peacetime BS like the current tattoo policy).

I have not read the article and I am not saying it isn't true(because it is) but...

..I take anything written in Marine Corps Time with a grain of salt as that medium is not sponsored by the Corps, they have made some claims about things that were completely false

I have a few friends that reenlisted a few years back and regret it now...Sgt and a SSgt now that are both multiple tour combat vets, extremely knowledgeable, fantastic NCO/SNCO, but are getting their toes stepped and told to keep their mouths shut by highers because the Corps isn't training for combat deployments anymore.....complete waste of resources

Marine1011
10-11-15, 07:01 PM
I think it goes deeper than that, the reason for fewer reenlistments.