PDA

View Full Version : Tattoo Help/Advice

znelly
10-09-15, 05:38 PM
I recently went through a bunch of stuff back home (ill family members, deaths, cheating spouse, and now divorce). I'm not trying to make excuses, but to sum it up, I messed up and got a tattoo that is out of regs. I'm not trying to avoid disciplinary action, I know that I deserve it. I've just been freaking out because I don't want to get kicked out. Especially for this. I've never been in trouble and my average pros/cons are 4.6/4.6. I've been a lance for two years and should have been picking up any moment now. I obviously don't expect to anymore. I know plenty of people that barely got a slap on the wrist (some of which who had gotten sleeves) but I can't help but to be worried that I'll get an example made out of me. Can anyone shed any light on my situation and the likelihood of getting pushed out for a tattoo? Again, I know that I'm dumb and that I royally messed up.
Thank you in advance.

Big Boz
10-09-15, 07:12 PM
Are you sure that you know the reg and are you sure that it is out of regulation? The only reason I ask is that my son and I went over the reg Maradmin 29/10 a few times because he was catching hell from a SSgt who thought he knew the reg.

Depending on what it is and where it's placed, you won't get kicked out for it. You probably won't be able to reenlist because of it.

So what did you get? Let's see it.

Tennessee Top
10-09-15, 07:59 PM
I agree. Since you've never been in trouble before, they probably just won't let you stay in now. Let us know what happens.

MunkyVsRobot
10-09-15, 11:05 PM
Those are all pretty poor excuses to get a tattoo, that being said they wont throw you out for a tattoo thats out of regs. You basically just made yourself a one term Marine, they dont just throw you out unless you really screw up. Uncle Sam is going to get his.

znelly
10-10-15, 12:07 PM
Yes, I am very aware of the current policy and have many tattoos that are all within regulation. I had a tattoo on my forearm and when I went to get this one I got one on the opposite side and it is not a full 2 inches from the previous tattoo that I had. I never planned to reenlist after this term, but I don't want to end dishonorably.

I wasnt trying to make excuses by any means. I understand that my actions are inexcusable, I just wanted to know what to expect as a result of being stupid and careless.

Thank you you gentlemen very much for your feedback.

Big Boz
10-10-15, 05:40 PM
it is not a full 2 inches from the previous tattoo that I had.

Doesn't matter how close it is to another tattoo. What does matter is this

ONE TATTOO: A SINGLE TATTOO IS DEFINED AS ONE (1) OR MULTIPLE TATTOOS SPACED APART THAT CAN STILL BE COVERED BY A CIRCLE WITH A DIAMETER OF FIVE (5) INCHES. TATTOOS SPACED APART THAT CANNOT BE COVERED BY A CIRCLE WITH A DIAMETER OF FIVE (5) INCHES ARE CONSIDERED SEPARATE TATTOOS

Marine1955
10-22-15, 09:30 AM
I recently went through a bunch of stuff back home (ill family members, deaths, cheating spouse, and now divorce). I'm not trying to make excuses, but to sum it up, I messed up and got a tattoo that is out of regs. I'm not trying to avoid disciplinary action, I know that I deserve it. I've just been freaking out because I don't want to get kicked out. Especially for this. I've never been in trouble and my average pros/cons are 4.6/4.6. I've been a lance for two years and should have been picking up any moment now. I obviously don't expect to anymore. I know plenty of people that barely got a slap on the wrist (some of which who had gotten sleeves) but I can't help but to be worried that I'll get an example made out of me. Can anyone shed any light on my situation and the likelihood of getting pushed out for a tattoo? Again, I know that I'm dumb and that I royally messed up.
Thank you in advance.

http://www.militaryspot.com/marines/marine-tattoo-policy/

Tajas
10-22-15, 07:13 PM
Ok so iv been in for a little while and iv got quite a few tattoos, all of which are in regs or so I thought. Recently on of my sergeants saw the tattoos I have both covered( I made sure when I got them) in my PT gear but right above my collar bone, which according to him is were the neck starts. Now it's fully covered and not out of regs for being profane in any way and the maradmin iv read states nothing of the collar bone or were "the neck starts" so I'm trying to figure out if any one else has had this problem.

josephd
10-23-15, 12:45 AM
Ok so iv been in for a little while and iv got quite a few tattoos, all of which are in regs or so I thought. Recently on of my sergeants saw the tattoos I have both covered( I made sure when I got them) in my PT gear but right above my collar bone, which according to him is were the neck starts. Now it's fully covered and not out of regs for being profane in any way and the maradmin iv read states nothing of the collar bone or were "the neck starts" so I'm trying to figure out if any one else has had this problem.

if it is not visible in PT gear or in chucks it shouldn't be an issue, your Sgt doesn't know what he's talking about.

m14ed
10-23-15, 03:25 AM
some folks could consider a sex change
and trying for a side-show job @ the carnival.....

check local listings for Tattoo'ed lady *

FistFu68
10-24-15, 12:59 AM
HaHaHaHaHa Ed you slay me sometimes LMAO :D