PDA

View Full Version : Purple Heart Help

Echo_Four_Bravo
01-14-04, 05:16 PM
Does anyone know of a web site, or other resource, that lists all of the Purple Heart winners from Iraq? A guy that lives near by girl friend was in her apartment last night telling war stories to...

MillRatUSMC
01-14-04, 06:05 PM
Sounds like a wantabee, sad to say there's no database listing all the Purple Hearts from any war.
That database would be miles long.
Any WIA or wounded in action, especially in Iraq might be classified.
But what give this wantabee is that he was an Air Force Controller in Iraq.
Which might be part of an elite unit in the Air Force.
So he a wantabee.
Some will do anything to impress the ladies.
But he sealing the valor of others better than him.

Here's a link to the Purple Heart Organization
http://www.purpleheart.org/
You might be able to get some information from them on this wantabee

Semper Fidelis
Ricardo

USMC-FO
01-14-04, 08:37 PM
Given what you're saying here I would think it would be pretty easy to pick this guys story apart even without any varification that he was wounded. It seems from what you say he is quite the low life...presumably intent on getting laid.

Echo_Four_Bravo
01-15-04, 12:22 AM
That is exactly what he is, and I am convinced the story is false, but I would like to have some proof to back it up. Presently, I only know his first name. Once I learn his full name, I believe I will contact someone within the Combat Controller community, so that it can all be resolved for sure. I had my girlfriend ask for his DD-214, but of course he said he didn't have it, because it was at his parents home. But, I am sure I will find some way of ensuring that he gets what is coming to him.

Lock-n-Load
01-15-04, 03:27 AM
:marine: Get him to show his DD214....there is a box on the DD214 to show any Awards or WIA...call him out for his DD214...if he chickens out on your request...then you have your answer.:marine:

radio relay
01-15-04, 08:47 AM
Figured it would only be a matter of time before the wannabe "war heroes" started climbing out of their holes. Those people tick me off even more than the draft dodgers!

You're a hero if you serve your country! Pure and simple.

Sure, the guys with the Hearts and Stars get all the attention. They deserve it. More importantly, they have "earned" it :emark:

All you poolees, and others out there thinking of getting into the military, just remember this.... serving your country and conducting yourself "honorably" is a whole lot more important and respectable, than fruit salad on your chest! Don't disgrace yourself, or those you love, by claiming something that isn't earned.

SF :marine:

Sgt Sostand
01-15-04, 02:29 PM
Echo_Four_Bravo their are a lots of want to be. i was talking to a guy about 2 weeks ago he told me he was a Marine but couldnt tell me nothing about the Marines it kinda **** me off