PDA

View Full Version : My culture shock

Daveh48
09-03-15, 11:12 PM
When I joined my beloved Marines in Feb.1977, I didn't realize the impact it would have on me. I would not understand how long it would remain in me. Though I would never see a combat zone, I would be part of history we still read about today an salute the lives lost during that peace time. I would enter the Corps under one of the celebrated Commandants to ever lead us General Wilson. I even had the pleasure of meeting him. I still today can recall the Iran event with 200 Marines injured and lives lost, most consisted of young men I had trained to be froc. The helicopter crash which took so many young Marines lives. The fire in which the Marines had no idea was coming during Typhoon Tip. The endless friendships made during my tour of duty. I thank God for my time in the Marines to become not just a Marine but a man. One with values in which are instilled in me still today. I salute those courageous men that came before me, with me..and those who further march with USMC on their uniforms....Semper Fi my brothers

josephd
09-03-15, 11:54 PM
kill!

USMC 2571
09-04-15, 05:51 AM
Semper Fi back to you. Good post.

FistFu68
09-04-15, 11:56 AM
GodSpeed 2 Ya Jarhead S/F

29palms
09-07-15, 09:47 AM
How about that. A FROC ROCKER. All right! Did you teach FROC in 82? I can't even remember the names of Instructors now. When I left 29 Palms, and went to my unit in Tanks at Tallahassee, Fl, I later learned one of the instructor got lead away in hand cuffs from the chow hall, dogs came in his barracks and found marijuana in his locker, lots of it, guess he was dealing the stuff. Heard this from a Marine that came back from FROC school. I knew who he was. Seemed like a nice instructor. Nice post.

Daveh48
09-07-15, 08:05 PM
Yes I was an instructor in 82....I was a Sgt with SSgt Dodsons ant theory class...I was the Senior Sgt at that time...I miss that school and all the students

Daveh48
09-07-15, 08:06 PM
And as far as an instructor getting popped for drugs....I didn't know of one...all of our instructors were very clean Marines

Marine1011
09-08-15, 08:10 AM
Of course. Please forgive the usual straying from the topic at hand.