PDA

View Full Version : Can't Cry Hard Enough

LadyLeatherneck
09-04-02, 05:33 PM
Was cleaning up some emails and ran into this and as the
one year Anniversary approaches I thought it was fitting.
Can't Cry Hard Enough (http://www.cantcryhardenough.com/)

JAMarine
09-04-02, 06:58 PM
As a Man, a Marine and a Child Of God, I must say; "I don't want to cry again". But I know I will.

I'm sure I'll just open myself up here but I don't remember my heart ever hurting as bad as it did on the morning of Sept. 11, 2001. My wife called that morning and told my son to wake me and tell me to turn on the TV.

I tuned into a local News Station and as I was trying to wipe away the fog of sleep I did not understand what had happened. I was watching for just a few moments when I understood that a plane had hit one of the towers of the World Trade Center. As I watched the broadcasters I saw another plane on a monitor behind the news crew. I thought that this must have been a replay of the previous accident but came to understand very quickly it was not.

Before I knew it, a tear was rolling over one of my cheeks as I said to my son; "Oh my God, what have we done"?. I believe it was at this point I started to cry. I cryed inside as well as outside for months. I cried for the innocence lost. I cried for the Mothers and Fathers that would never see their children ever again. I cried for the children that would never see their Mothers and/or Fathers ever again.

So as we near this date one year later I remember those faces I saw as I was glued for weeks to any TV screen I came near. I remember the pain on those faces. The pain of Family, Friends, Coworkers, News Anchor's, Policemen, Firemen and even "Rock" hard politicians.

I remember the tears. . . . . . . . . Do You?

I would ask that we always remember. As we remember those of our past and those who gave their lives that we might be Free;
Remeber those that still cry.
Remember those that still wait for answers and word of lost loved ones.
But most of all Remember those that Attacked our Country that day.

Don't Ever Forget.

Thank you Laura for helping us Remember.

thedrifter
09-04-02, 07:03 PM
1. SHOCK

2. CRY

3. HATE

4. FEAR

5. RESOLVE

6. REMEBERANCE

Sempers,

Roger

mrbsox
09-04-02, 09:40 PM
AMEN

Static_Sky
09-07-02, 05:01 AM
I agree we need to remember/ pray for all that you mentioned, but we need to also pray for our fighting men and women that there may be peace again soon