PDA

View Full Version : A Question for fellow Marines

Citadel0602
08-15-15, 08:32 AM
Hey Devildogs,

A little bit about myself. My name is Daniel, I am a graduate from The Citadel and a veteran of the United States Marine Corps (0602 Command & Control Systems Officer). I left active duty in late 2013 as a Captain. When I got out of the military, I along with my wife and two kids, decided to hold off on jumping right into another career and utilize my Post-911 GI bill to finish up my Masters to make my resume more competitive on the market. I am currently in the last class and about to achieve a 4.0 GPA in my degree (My masters is in Emergency Management / Homeland Security).

I have been attempting to look at state and federal jobs but it seems that many agencies are either in a hiring freeze (due to budget constraints) or are simply only hiring from within. I have decided to expand my search to include private sector business continuity jobs but am having a hell of a time trying to find a decent site (outside of linkedin) that would help me on my search...so here are a few questions I wanted to pose to the community.

1) Outside of Linkedin are there any specific websites that are career sites to assist me looking for a job in the emergency management / security / or business continuity field?

2) Are there any PMCs that I should take a look at?

Thanks for your time guys, and as always: Semper Fidelis.