PDA

View Full Version : Mail Call

badbob
09-04-02, 12:20 PM
If you didn't see the 1st broadcast of Lee Ermey's new show "Mail Call" on the History Channel last Monday, you've got to watch it next week.

http://www.3rdmarines.net/Ermey_Mail_c.jpg

The Gunny needs our help, email him your questions.

The link to his site is below.

http://www.historychannel.com/mailcall/

Semper Fi,
Bob

USMC-FO
09-04-02, 12:51 PM
Ditto "BadBob" the Gunny's show is terrific ! My son--9 yrs old--and I watch it every Monday at 2000.

A week ago the Gunny answered a question as to why he ends each show with a "Semper Fi". He answered in his full DI voice:

"Because I'm a Marine numb nuts, and that's what we say"

Ever try and tell a youngster what "numb nuts" means ?

Almost as good, but also very scary because of its implications, is the follow on show called "Basic Training": Army recruit training.

If this is supposed to show civilians how the US makes hard soldiers then we've got stuff to worry about down the road! It's like a kindergarden class with a group of scared and nervous 5 yr olds!

The Gunney should be there getting those folks heads and asses wired together.

Semper Fi

onedevildog
09-05-02, 07:21 PM
Badbob,
Just had to holler and let you know there's nothing like the man in person. He was a guest speaker a couple of weeks back at the monthly meeting of the Texas Association of Former Marines. Don't you know he ate that one up "former" .. hell. Here's a guy we can all relate to. Says Sh..., I don't have nothing in common with them Hollywood people...Married to the same woman 27 yrs..Don't do drugs, etc, etc. If you get the chance to see him in person. jump on it . Will post some photos later. Gunny out.

badbob
09-09-02, 12:29 PM
The Gunny was in Florida back in 1989 when the 3rd Mar Div Association held its annual reunion at Cocoa Beach. (that was one hell of a weekend) Lee Ermey along with Oliver North were the guest speakers. I bet ya didn’t know that his mother named him Rona.

As for the “Basic Training” program that follows his Mail Call program that USMC-FO is referring to;

I caught a segment last evening. This is real scary stuff! If the Army is actually training recruits like this, were all doomed.

He!! the hand holding DI’s on this program, make my old High School Physical Ed teacher look like a sadistic Mutha Fu*k’er.

And what they call HE!! week, is more closely related to the Marines daily PT schedule.

They have a lot of nerve calling this Basic Training. It’s enough to make ya puke.

Semper Fi,
Bob Neener

8th&I Marine
09-10-02, 04:24 AM
Ok call me stupid but has anyone tried to get the gunny to join this site? Or do i need to call hollywood?

cantrell