PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me

ipscone
07-27-15, 10:45 PM
Or rather just my browser? :D

I have to type real slow. Kind of barney-style, or characters are dropped, when editing on this site.

I'm using MSIE. But Firefox doesn't work at all.

Curious

silveradomick
07-27-15, 10:51 PM
Not just you. This place is buggy as hell no matter if I use Safari, Chrome, IE, or Firefox.

josephd
07-28-15, 01:38 AM
server/host is overloaded, admins need to clear out and close out old threads and unused topic areas as well as refresh their system

silveradomick
07-28-15, 08:08 AM
Sounds logical. Seems like there's an awful lot of upkeep that should be done here that isn't. Like, actually moderating threads would be one place
to start...

Marine1011
07-28-15, 12:03 PM
Be aware that this is a ship without a rudder, for a couple of years now. Almost no admin. Squad Leaders are effective, especially two, but only ADMIN can do the stuff like make certain changes in usernames, status, and the like, as well as the glitches in the system. Any specific questions you should PM Foxtrot Oscar, one of the most effective squad leaders on here.

josephd
07-28-15, 01:43 PM
Be aware that this is a ship without a rudder, for a couple of years now. Almost no admin. Squad Leaders are effective, especially two, but only ADMIN can do the stuff like make certain changes in usernames, status, and the like, as well as the glitches in the system. Any specific questions you should PM Foxtrot Oscar, one of the most effective squad leaders on here.

So the rest of us have to suffer because leadership sucks or is non-existent??.....this system they are using here is extremely archaic.

who owns this site?.....or owns the rights to the domain/name??

Marine1011
07-28-15, 03:53 PM
No one has to suffer. I'm just passing along info that I know about, rather than have people wondering about who to contact and the like.

Tennessee Top
07-28-15, 06:13 PM
Went downhill after Rocky C got PCS orders somewhere else.

silveradomick
07-28-15, 06:28 PM
So who do we talk to about a replacement, top?

Old Marine
07-28-15, 07:32 PM
I am using an Underwood Manual with no problems.

Old Marine
07-28-15, 07:59 PM
So the rest of us have to suffer because leadership sucks or is non-existent??.....this system they are using here is extremely archaic.

Last I heard it was SgtMaj. Hoffman former SgtMaj. of the Marine Corps.

Kegler300
07-28-15, 08:02 PM
I thought it was SgtMaj Overstreet ...

silveradomick
07-28-15, 08:21 PM
I am using an Underwood Manual with no problems.

Nice. You got me good there top. Thanks for the chuckle!

Old Marine
07-28-15, 08:29 PM
I thought it was SgtMaj Overstreet ...

You are right. I am getting senile, and have CRS.

silveradomick
07-28-15, 08:46 PM
Oh ****, sorry gunny, guess I promoted you by accident. All those rockers get this broken old E5 confused.

Still, thanks for the laugh.

Old Marine
07-28-15, 09:41 PM
Oh ****, sorry gunny, guess I promoted you by accident. All those rockers get this broken old E5 confused.

Still, thanks for the laugh.

I have been called a lot worse than top, but you won't find me spinning around. Besides when I joined the Corps the highest enlisted rank was MSgt E-7, I made E-7 so I am a happy camper.

m14ed
07-29-15, 06:37 PM
Last I heard it was

SgtMaj. Hoffman
former SgtMaj. of the Marine Corps.

Maybe he's renting ServerSpace from Hillery ?

MunkyVsRobot
08-01-15, 09:15 AM

Sounds like the Marine Corps to me..

josephd
08-01-15, 04:26 PM
Sounds like the Marine Corps to me..

hahaha...i thought that exactly after writing it