PDA

View Full Version : What time do recruits usually arrive at MCRD?

Zupul12
07-14-15, 01:02 AM
If i get the phone call from my spouse, I want to be able to answer it. I'm not a light sleeper :(

plccombinedkes
07-14-15, 04:56 AM
Troop movements are not something to be discussed online in my opinion. Rather, talk to someone who would be able to help you, like his recruiter.

Kegler300
07-14-15, 05:49 AM
Zero-dark-thirty.

silveradomick
07-14-15, 08:47 AM
I'm not normally one to do stuff like this, but I gotta ask: Zupul12, your spouse has been gone less than a week and you're on the Internet wringing your hands about where he or she is and if he or she will call...how in the world are you going to adjust to a deployment where your spouse is out of contact for weeks or months at a time? I know technology has come a long way since I was in, but when operations tempo goes up, time for doing personal stuff like writing letters, making phone calls, or skyping goes way down. Did your spouse discuss any of this with you prior to them joining the USMC?

USMC 2571
07-14-15, 12:08 PM
Amazing.

joseywales
07-14-15, 12:49 PM
This section is replete with things of this nature. It shows the gradual change in America from the old days to now. One woman here wanted a copy of her son's training schedule so she could run in her neighborhood at the precise time her son was doing PT. We've got a long way to go, American parents. Preferably the route back to yesteryear.

ShirleyHarr
07-15-15, 06:49 AM
It's dusty there and keeping their gear clean is a colossal test. Furthermore, the greater part of our mail and their mail IF they get an opportunity to compose is all re-coordinated through MCRD so it takes EVEN more than typical to get it. Along these lines, this is the time that you must be patient and realize that your (http://cheapessaywritingservice.us/) enlisted person is BUSY and accomplishing things!!

FistFu68
07-15-15, 09:15 AM
They roll Em in after Midnight when most recruit maggots are sleeping & won't be able 2 hear some of the MaMa's boys Pi$$ing & moaning when their getting the Chit knocked out of them...ain't Life Groovy...:marine:

advanced
07-15-15, 09:31 AM
Actually all jokes aside, at Marine Corps Receiving they will ask him/her what is the best time to call his/her loved one. They attempt to accommodate those at home because they know this can be a hardship on everyone. So just relax and wait for the call. For instance they asked me when was the best time to call and I said any time after 2, so I made my call around 2:30, of course it was am.

m14ed
07-15-15, 10:58 AM
Actually all jokes aside,

at Marine Corps Receiving they will ask him/her
what is the best time to call his/her loved one.

They attempt to accommodate those at home
because they know this can be a hardship on everyone.
So just relax and wait for the call.

What time do recruits usually arrive at MCRD?

Gone are the days they gave you a "NICKLE POSTCARD"
to send your MAIL ADDRESS to your parents......
what a shame

Phantom Blooper
07-15-15, 03:59 PM
Bad things happen at night...........

USMC 2571
07-15-15, 05:23 PM
Gone also are the days when your parents just LET you go to boot camp and become a Marine.

Tennessee Top
07-15-15, 05:32 PM
Some never call. Millennials are not used to actually placing a call home (having to push all the buttons) or can't remember the number.

USMC 2571
07-15-15, 05:38 PM
hahahaha, that was priceless, Top, as usual.

MunkyVsRobot
07-15-15, 05:55 PM
It's dusty there and keeping their gear clean is a colossal test. Furthermore, the greater part of our mail and their mail IF they get an opportunity to compose is all re-coordinated through MCRD so it takes EVEN more than typical to get it. Along these lines, this is the time that you must be patient and realize that your (http://cheapessaywritingservice.us/) enlisted person is BUSY and accomplishing things!!

How the hell does this answer her question?

To the op they arrive either really late in the eve or really early in the morning but you might want to cut the cord 13 weeks isnt that long you will hear from the person.

USMC 2571
07-16-15, 06:22 AM
I think she was talking about their being busy squaring away gear all the time, where free time is spent cleaning rifles, personal gear, etc and letter writing, while done, is not a priority, and neither are phone calls. They are there to become Marines, if they make the grade, not to keep close ties to the home front.

FistFu68
07-16-15, 06:28 AM
Makes ya wonder how many Congressional Inquires have been opened 'cause Suzy RottenCrotch couldn't Call Mommie

advanced
07-16-15, 07:33 AM
Now Jack, that wasn't very sensitive.

USMC 2571
07-16-15, 07:41 AM
Yeah, Russ, and Jack is USUALLY quite sensitive. :)

FistFu68
07-16-15, 08:03 AM
Do they still allow Hog boards ?

Phantom Blooper
07-16-15, 04:42 PM
Do they still allow Hog boards ?

In todays PC society it needs to be hog and hogette boards Fist........

FistFu68
07-16-15, 05:02 PM
OOOOP's so now that the Dems have a new poster Child Caitlyn Jenner what would a Tranny Recruit be called ? :confused:

Phantom Blooper
07-16-15, 06:44 PM
Caitlyn Jenner what would a Tranny Recruit be called ?

Suzie Lost Your Crotch......???

FistFu68
07-16-15, 07:38 PM
HaHaHa yup...Pvt Lostit assume the position Now

kaelobo
07-16-15, 11:41 PM
If your good enough you could try out for Motivation platoon I did two tours.very rewarding.

Tennessee Top
07-17-15, 07:59 AM
Would be interesting to see if there are pics of males on the "hog board". Certainly would not surprise me. Can't discriminate.

FistFu68
07-17-15, 08:15 AM
HaHa Yup...Top that would not be very PC 2discriminate would Love 2 see 4th Bn's Hog board ;)

Marine1955
07-17-15, 01:39 PM
If i get the phone call from my spouse, I want to be able to answer it. I'm not a light sleeper :(

Get A louder ring tone..Like a canon going off would do it for most..