PDA

View Full Version : Homeowner shoots burglar-burglar goes to hospital-homeowner charged

greybeard
01-12-04, 07:49 PM
Only in America!! (remind me to never move to Willmette, Ill) <br />
Comments????? <br />
<br />
http://abclocal.go.com/wls/news/010804_ns_Wilmette.html <br />
Family protected but suburban town prohibits possession of...

Kyrifleman68
01-12-04, 08:09 PM
Hell come to my house and see what you get LOLLLLLLLLLLLLL

greensideout
01-12-04, 08:13 PM
If he had used a rifle or shotgun, would he have been charged? <br />
<br />
The anti-handgun crap is just a step to take long guns as well. <br />
<br />
Call 911 and they will investigate the death of you and family...

TracGunny
01-12-04, 08:42 PM
...After the shooting, police seized a .38-caliber Smith &amp; Wesson handgun and a .380-caliber Llama Especiale handgun from DeMar. <br />
<br />
The Cook County state's attorney's office determined that DeMar...

greybeard
01-12-04, 09:01 PM
Thanks TracGunny-This popped up on another board a couple of days ago & I hadn't heard that update. If the right to bear arms still means anything it all, it applies to the protection of one's home & family. When that's gone, we're in big trouble.

GSO, Re my PM: I had a 357 Ruger offered to me today-legal like. Haven't seen it yet, but the price sounds right, for my budget. I already have a .22-I want something that can go thru a door. :)

TracGunny
01-12-04, 09:20 PM
No problem, greybeard... oh yeah, just a reminder; never move to Willmette, Illinois...

My Winchester model 1200 Police 12 gauge (18" barrel, slide-action) handles my home-defense needs... cuts down on the hit/miss-probability ratio... adds new meaning to the expression ‘point-and-click’…nothing quite like the sound of a shotgun slide-action in the dark – especially if you aint the one holdin the shotgun…well, you get the idea.

mrbsox
01-13-04, 05:34 AM
"Wilmette residents are much safer without a handgun in their homes," he told the Tribune. "We see handguns stolen, used in domestic arguments or suicides. Those are far more likely outcomes than when you would actually need a handgun to defend yourself."

2 points come to mind;

1) If you (or any citizen) CARRIES their handgun, legally, with permit if required, then how can it be stolen ?? It's not home if your not home !!

2) Carring for personal defense is one thing, but the protection of 'others' from bodily harm is another benefit of a legally armed citizen.

While traveling, I have seen some pretty outragous gun control laws. One state (Mass. I think) bans hand guns completly, but will allow you to own, after registration, a shotgun. It MUST remain in your home... DISASSEMBLED. Your better off with an ax handle !!

What to you call an unloaded gun ??

A Rock !!

Terry

P. M. SHEEHAN
01-13-04, 07:03 AM
I'll "bet my boots" DeMar is not a Marine. Let's repeat it all together........"one shot one kill".

Sgt Sostand
01-13-04, 07:10 AM
This gota be a joke

GreenSB
01-20-04, 07:33 AM
If this had all gone down in Indiana.....he wouldn't have even been charged

Super Dave
01-20-04, 10:04 AM
Next time...leave no witnesses...

TracGunny
01-20-04, 11:35 AM
My Dad always said if you have to tap, double-tap. One side to a story is better than two in some cases....

tracrat
01-20-04, 01:23 PM
I think I have a solution to the crime problem I deal with on a daily basis in my hometown, Jacksonville, Fl. I will get brochures on the village of Willmette, Il. and distribute them to all the criminals here in Jax and tell them they can have easy pickings up there. Unreal. I have seen the results of a peeved homeowner who was able to protect them selves. The bad guys frozen expression of disbelief on his face is a beautiful sight.

crazybrave
01-20-04, 01:33 PM
i'd rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6.... i agree shoulda left no witnesses, when in doubt empty the mag

yellowwing
01-20-04, 04:47 PM
Training, training, training...no doubt the homeowner was very angry and very scared. 2 shots with minor hits? The thief could have passed out on the way to the hospital and runover some neighbor's kids.

That .38 S&W probably could have done the job with hollowpoints, but I wouldn't bet my family's life on a .380 Llama!

I'm glad the State's Attorney smartened up.