PDA

View Full Version : Night Blindness?

ThomasMerckel
06-11-15, 01:32 PM
Hey all,

I joined the Marine reserves a few years back now and nothings really happened since. The problem is recently we've been doing night field ops and I discovered I could hardly see a thing. I went to my civilian eye doctor and he told me I had night blindness. Should I tell my command? If I did what do you think would happen?

"Marine" is spelled with a capital...!!!

Being a Marine you should know that...

Marine1011
06-11-15, 02:14 PM
Great post.

Phantom Blooper
06-11-15, 03:02 PM
Tell them.......if you are on an op.....and something happens you can put a lot of Marines at risk ...in jeopardy...or in danger of life....

Years ago I had night blindness also.....some of those soiled doves looked pretty good....but I really couldn't see them dat' well until the next morning....

Best to take care of your eyes while you can....so you won't be like a deer in the headlights.......

Also using a civilian ophthalmologist or optometrist unless you are documented in your HR's will not help you with a claim with the VA when you leave the service........

Tennessee Top
06-13-15, 08:08 AM
Marines know the word "Marine" is always capitalized. But millennials are so used to texting on their phones they don't take the time for proper punctuation. Just like they won't take the time to fix their autocorrect for "corp" either.