PDA

View Full Version : Let's ride!! Who's got a Harley?

Ghostdog
06-11-15, 01:10 PM
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/webkit-fake-url://a8645094-197d-47f0-a51e-e8ee67cb952c/imagejpeg

Tennessee Top
06-13-15, 12:34 PM
Nope. And after working the last 15 years in a level one trauma center never will.

Nobody I know working there rides - for whatever that's worth which I know isn't much.

Ghostdog
06-13-15, 10:40 PM
Something to strive for brother true freedom semper fi

Hank in WV
06-21-15, 11:34 AM
Using that logic, why would anyone working in a trauma center have joined the Marines?

silveradomick
06-25-15, 07:04 AM
I've got two. A 2006 Road King with 16" apes and a fairing that is my long haul/daily rider and a 1996 Softail Springer Bad Boy (with the blue scallops) that's more of a show piece/bar hopper. Never enough time to ride though. I'm only at about 2,000 miles so far this year due to weather and work.

Hammer
06-25-15, 07:50 AM
I have a 2009 Street Glide. Only 16,000 miles. Love to ride. Just took it to the Blue Ridge Parkway. I'm getting up in age, but the Harley makes me feel younger, and I plan to keep riding for a lot more years unless I lose my equib. goes, and then I'll buy a Harley Trike.

Ghostdog
06-25-15, 11:27 AM
I got a 2008 soft tail deluxe 31000 on it black n chrome 16 inch apes with 2 inch riser dual fishtails hell yeah!! wish I could post a pic.. I waited to long before I got mine I ride as much as possible haven't hit sturgis yet though maybe in a couple of years.. This year I've taking it out once I've been dealing with my sons sickness and trying to raise money for him but once we get pass this its on again keep riding! Devildogs!!

ChuckH
06-27-15, 01:59 PM
2011 ultra classic limited

ErikHeiker
07-02-15, 11:13 PM
I just sold my Heritage Softail Classic. Retired to Arizona and thought I'd ride all the time, but it was always too hot. Bought a Jeep Wrangler Rubicon and go out each week with a bunch of retirees. All the motorcycle accidents around here also weighed on my mind.

silveradomick
07-03-15, 08:16 AM
Had my Road King out yesterday for a few hours. Ran a tank of gas through her and then slid past home and picked up my daughter. She's 6 and this was her second time going for a ride with her dad. Went to the local cycle shop and grabbed her some proper riding glasses and a Stars and Stripes do rag that she liked, then went for some ice cream and talked to an old timer we ran into about his upcoming Sturgis trip. Had a great day, and my kiddo is totally hooked!

Ghostdog
07-04-15, 11:38 AM
I have my daughter starting it up for me getting her feet wet

Baker From WI
07-05-15, 10:47 AM
I'm getting up in age, but the Harley makes me feel younger, and I plan to keep riding for a lot more years unless I lose my equib. goes, and then I'll buy a Harley Trike.
Trikes are really catching on. I rented one in 2013 and then again in 2014. Finally convinced myself to take the plunge and bought a 2015. Wife and I both absolutely love it.

silveradomick
07-05-15, 08:19 PM
Cut grass this morning until my buddy showed up at around 1300. With all the rain we've had here it's been hard to find time to keep up with chores and ride, but he stuck around until I finished the grass and we went for a little scoot. Always feel better when I'm on the road with my old war dog. Couple hundred miles and we both feel better.

Marine1955
07-06-15, 09:15 AM
I have one it's a Harley XL1200C Custom limited edition number 132 out of 3000 made.

silveradomick
07-06-15, 09:36 AM
Nice Sporty. I miss mine. Sold it to a buddy of mine so at least I still get to visit her. She's an '07 XL1200N Nightster. 16in apes, forward controls, tank lift, ignition/coil/speedometer relocated to left side down low, V&H Side Shots, Joker Machine intake, and everything that was dead weight has been removed. Stripped down, badass little bar hopper. If I'd have kept it I was gonna do a suicide clutch/jockey shifter setup, but my buddy is a newer rider and I can't blame him for not going that route.

I have that '96 Bad Boy edition springer, and I've been torn between keeping it stock-ish because of the collectors value (only 11,000 of those bikes made over 3 years, there aren't a lot of them out there) or going wild with it and changing everything up. Still can't decide, so it sits in the shop mostly stock and looking gorgeous. The Road King gets all my saddle time generally, but the Bad Boy comes out to special events or on nights when I'm staying close to home.

silveradomick
07-22-15, 07:38 AM
And now I find myself shopping for a replacement for the Road King. What's everyone's opinions? Another Road King with a fairing and stereo, a Road Glide, a Street Glide, or an Ultra Classic?

I shy away from the street glide and ultra just because it seems like every bike I see around here is one of those. I'm leaning toward a Road Glide but they are super expensive (even used, I would never buy a new bike) and I'm not sure the fixed fairing and second headlight is worth the price difference. Of course I intend to test ride a few used bikes as soon as my shoulder heals, and will be taking my time tomfind the right deal once fall arrives and all the rich urban bikers decide to offload their garage queens. So what's your opinions on the big touring bikes, guys? Just looking for input here.

advanced
07-22-15, 08:06 AM
I've been riding full time since right after I got out of the USMC back in early 70. I was going to keep my old Indian that I rode for 14 years but after buying my new 2014 Indian I just didn't want to ride her any more so I sold her. I do miss her especially after putting up with all her problems and making her look so pretty, and of course knowing all her wild spots. I rarely rode her hard though, mostly just slow and easy, you know for the long haul. Boy, she was a looker.

I guess you could say I had my head turned for the newer model with everything perky and firm. She can go hard as well as sloooow and nimble. Damn I love my Indians. I've put over 13K on my new one so far, going to ride up to SC in Oct for the CVMA Region 1 Rally. While others trailer I'll ride as that's what it's all about.

Phantom Blooper
07-22-15, 09:32 AM
Damn Russ are you describing your bike...or a sexual encounter...almost made me moist!

advanced
07-22-15, 10:48 AM
Damn Russ are you describing your bike...or a sexual encounter...almost made me moist!

Well Bloop, you know I still have 2 Indians, both built for the long haul. To tell you the truth though, I sometimes get confused.

Question: Is it terrible to LUST after my Indians? An inquiring mind wants to know. Here's a secret, sometimes I ride them both together so eat your heart out.

Ghostdog
07-24-15, 12:32 PM
Whatever way you go can't beat that! Going on a poker run next sat in Bakersfield you guys stay in touch

silverdollar
07-25-15, 10:03 AM
All you people with Harleys should check the big recall they just put out.