PDA

View Full Version : Rec Aid?

denichols
06-10-15, 11:02 AM
Good Morning Marines,
I am looking into doing some Rec Aid for my recruiter but would like to know if its possible to still attend school while doing so. Any other advice other advice or comments you may have would be appreciated. Thanks.

joseywales
06-10-15, 11:38 AM
No specific advice except to enjoy yourself at the rec center. That's the most common use of "rec" that I know of, unless you meant to spell out "recruiter" so we'd know what you meant. But the rec center is a great place to volunteer.

MunkyVsRobot
06-10-15, 03:43 PM
What the heck is rec aid? Recruiters assistance? if you want to pay for it you can do what you want i dont know how long you have been in for but if you have been in for less than 36 months you only rate partial GI bill and if you have been in for less than 2 years you dont rate TA and being that you are TAD or PTAD whichever i dont believe you rate TA either.

Tennessee Top
06-10-15, 07:49 PM
Call the recruiting station you want to work at and talk to the SNCOIC there. They know all the rules for RA.

silveradomick
06-25-15, 07:15 AM
When I was on rec aid it ****ing sucked. No training as a recruiter but since the RSS was short staffed I was told (as a boot **** PFC) that I had to make a minimum of 2 bodies a month. My days were long as hell and spent Area Canvassing, working the phones, and trying to talk anyone I could into coming down to the office. Keep in mind that I wasn't working at the office I was recruited from, so I don't know if that would make a difference or not, but I was basically expected to perform like a full fledged recruiter, while being treated to every ***** detail and working party they could think up. 14 hour days were not uncommon, since the RSS I was at was in an affluent suburb and kids in that area had very little interest in joining the service. This was back in 2000 though so maybe things have changed since then. Rec aid was the worst decision I made in my time in the Corps, and the only thing I would change about the path I took.

Oh, and what Top just said up there is probably your best bet for straight scoop.